Davie Cooper

Ayeready63

How much would he go for in this transfer market? I'll start the bidding at £100,000,000,Neymar couldnae lace his boots

I know he loved Gers so much guys, he was so special, frightening to think Coops said his brother was a better player
Funnily enough, I work with a few Fintry (Dundee) boys and they say the same about DJ, that his brother was undoubtedly, the better player.

I know he loved Gers so much guys, he was so special, frightening to think Coops said his brother was a better player
one of their cousins also told me this , amazing to think that Davie was only persuaded to make football his career when Jack Steedman raided Clydebank's social club safe and put £1500 on the table as a signing on fee ! As for a fee nowadays , whatever Mahrez went to Man City for and more I would think .

One thing is for sure, we wouldn't see any of the money, because he would not be playing in Scotland, he would be 1st team choice in one of the top 5 clubs in Europe.

Could imagine the Scottish media eh, “he’s only got one foot” etc etc

Was just wonderful that the one foot could do far more than most who could use both!!

A legend who was my hero, my first final was the SC replay against Dundee Utd, I was 10 years old, hard for him not to be my hero after that performance

Listening to Ally Dick on the Big Interview, Cruyff actually wanted Coop from Rangers to go to Ajax and Souness said no chance whatsoever then recommend Dick to Johan.

Souness subsequently then tried to sign Dick before Johnstone to make him the 'first' open Catholic player, 2 years before he signed Johnstone

Back