Davie, Davie, Davie, Cooper On The Wing chants tonight - superb!

Yes it was fantastic hearing the 'On the Wing' song for Cooper being belted out.

I want to say also that, that was the song the fans sung for Willie Johnston previously, I know that for sure because I used to start it at many a game back in the day.

Just to clarify, I would start it but it wasn't me who 'wrote' it :))
You and me both BBL :))

Pride of place in my house my two boys at the Albion l managed to take a photo of them with Davie and Jock Wallace l still get a tear in my eye when l remember that day WATP a happy auld bear

My favourite ever Rangers player. Best I've ever seen.
Absolutely. 100% the best one of us ever by a country mile. I even loved the fact he was just a normal miserable bloke who loved his job. Never realised at the time how much of a privilege it was to watch him play every week, shame he was surrounded by mediocrity for so long but what a player we had.

When a former player has passed I’ve been sad, hurting inside, depressed, but always try to be dignified in my grief.
When Coops passed away, I sat on my back step and shed more than a few tears.

I was lucky to meet him a few times, in front of that back step.

When a former player has passed I’ve been sad, hurting inside, depressed, but always try to be dignified in my grief.
When Coops passed away, I sat on my back step and shed more than a few tears.

I was lucky to meet him a few times, in front of that back step.
Davie Coper was winding up his time at Ibrox when I started going to matches, the first season I was going regularly was the one after his summer move to Motherwell.
I could only have seen him play for Rangers a dozen times but reading about the man, and the reception he got when he returned at Ibrox that season was very special.

I was a Rangers geek as a kid and understood what he meant to people as a result and when he passed away it hit me like a tonne of bricks.

Lovely to hear that his name is being sung by a new generation.

Yes it was fantastic hearing the 'On the Wing' song for Cooper being belted out.

I want to say also that, that was the song the fans sung for Willie Johnston previously, I know that for sure because I used to start it at many a game back in the day.

Just to clarify, I would start it but it wasn't me who 'wrote' it :))

I'm pretty sure the song was actually started by Man U fans about Willie Morgan. There's definitely a recording of it and some connection to 10cc, a pop group back then.

It sounded excellent. Thought I was in a time warp for a second. It's extremely heartwarming to think the young crew are keeping his name alive

Back