Davie Wilson with the trophy

Love that pic and although the bold Davie's Ibrox career was waning when I started to Follow Follow he has always been a bit of a Rangers icon.

I mentioned on another thread that I had a couple of pints in our local on Friday and read the last bit of 'Wilson on the Wing' whilst sitting in the beer garden.

A very entertaining read - and not just for we auld yins - but an enjoyable set of tales from one of Rangers' true gents.

as a spotty faced 9 - 10 year old ..
I'll admit that my favourite Rangers player tended to veer between Davie and Wee Willie Henderson

Great photo, fantastic that a legend like Davie Wilson has been invited to come and see the trophy, well done Rangers.

A favourite of my old man, he raved about him, remarking how many goals he scored for a winger. I never got to see him play, but on reading his book, I felt I had. The accounts of the games are excellent, in particular our early European matches are a great read.

His era was way before my time but he shopped in the supermarket I worked in back in the mid 90s and when I had spoke to him once about rangers as I was working he always had a quick chat whenever I seen him afterwards anytime he was in, a proper gentleman.

Back