Davis

MFK Bear

Once again this guy was exceptional this evening. More than held his own against top quality opposition, he is so calm and composed on the ball and shows his class time and time again.

His work rate in the first half was exceptional, like most of the team he felt the pace in the second half but for me he was one of the best players on the park tonight.

Had an excellent game. Alot of his game will have gone unnoticed. The amount of interceptions, pressing the opposition to go backwards, not to mention he was one of few tonight who was comfortable in posession (we gave the ball away far too much the whole game).

Long may his form continue. I dont care what age someone is, it's all about level of performance and wee man shows no signs of slowing down

I felt he was very good tonight. He obviously doesn’t have the legs or speed of a decade ago but he performed very well against a top quality side.

Legs went in the last 30 minutes, lost his man for the 2nd goal. He was also at some fault for the first.
After the away game where he cost a couple of goals too, it's a shame to see age having the effect it is.
I don't blame him, he just can't play 90 minutes at this level. He was good for the first hour or so.

Was superb tonight. Also, alongside Kamara and Alfie, one of the few players who didn‘t look like running out of energy tonight. Exceptional work rate from kick off to final whistle.

Legs went in the last 30 minutes, lost his man for the 2nd goal. He was also at some fault for the first.
After the away game where he cost a couple of goals too, it's a shame to see age having the effect it is.
I don't blame him, he just can't play 90 minutes at this level. He was good for the first hour or so.
Tad harsh

Hopefully when Jack and Zungu are fit he will be third choice , he is a liability.
migrane_always_sunny.gif

I totally disagree. He played a part in the first. But to say his legs went is just wrong IMO. He, along with Kamara and Alfie, was still closing and pressing faster and harder than anyone right up to the final whistle. He looked fit and fresh in comparison to Kent and Roofe, which is no criticism of either of them as they’d also put in a great shift.

Last edited:
It's games like this where you really appreciate how good Davis is. We'll get another season out of him yet.

It's games like this where you really appreciate how good Davis is. We'll get another season out of him yet.
I would also say its games like this that really show the unheralded work that Ryan Jack does, he shuts teams down when they try to play it through the middle. He may not have started last night but I'm sure he would have been brought on for the last 25 minutes as the tide turned and we found ourselves under pressure!

Davis and Kamara contained their high press very well, prob at at expense of moving the ball quicker up the park. Without them we could have been in real trouble. They both had a very good game.

I thought Davis was superb last night. On thing for sure, with that level of intensity we aren’t going to get two games a week from him. I still think he has a part to play this season but Stevie G should be mindful how he uses him. I think this will be Davis’s last season for us so the manager uses him properly he can leave a hero. Look across the city, the Lego Eater is done and the fans have turned on him.

Back