Davis

He captained the side to play brentford other week there so it is strange hes not been seen in first team. Wouldnt be surprised if gio has bombed him.

Agreed! I thought Glen Kamara was “off it” again last night ( in spite of his goal ) and looks in need of a “rest”. With Ryan Jack unavailable, a fit Steve Davis should be given a run, imho.
I don't think Kamara was too bad actually. Was one of the only players willing to take a touch to control the ball on that shambles of a pitch, before trying to play it, rather than a first time hot-tottie effort like some of his teammates did all night.

He had covid pre Christmas didn't he?

Maybe not been able to recover sufficiently

He did.

Someone posted last week that he was having a scan on something. Haven't heard a peep from Rangers though and the fan media guys never seem to ask any hard hitting questions so...

Agreed! I thought Glen Kamara was “off it” again last night ( in spite of his goal ) and looks in need of a “rest”. With Ryan Jack unavailable, a fit Steve Davis should be given a run, imho.
Glen Kamara has had plenty rest , he was just off it again last night as many have been all year.

Its obvious GVB doesnt rate him.
There will be no new contract for Davis.
We will loose a hell of a lot of players in the summer.

Is Steve Davis injured, cos we're certainly missing his class in the middle of the park

I wonder if some players have a clause in their contracts based on if they play a certain amount of games, it might trigger an automatic year extension, or other factors that us on the outside arent privy to. Im sure thats why Thomas buffel stopped playing games under Alex Mcleish (that was to trigger a fee for the club we got him from)

Think it's obvious he's had a fall out with Gio. Surely with our recent struggles, he would have at least had some cameos?

He had covid pre Christmas didn't he?

Maybe not been able to recover sufficiently
I find it weird that at the press conferences nobody asks the blatantly obvious” what is the issue with Steven Davis ?” Or the same for Ramsay etc.

We seem to this season just accept that a player isn’t available and that’s it.

What’s wrong with asking the question? What’s the reason for the new cloak of secrecy?

Seems really odd. Yes he is getting on and can’t play 3 games in a week but in games, like last night or some of the other games recently where we have allowed things to get away from us, where we need to get a foot on the ball and dictate things, he would have been a great option.

No idea if he is injured but if not, he should have absolutely featured.

Earlier in the season for me he was playing too much, and frankly his form was decidedly average. Now I think he's being under used particularly late on in close matches.

I find it weird that at the press conferences nobody asks the blatantly obvious” what is the issue with Steven Davis ?” Or the same for Ramsay etc.

What’s wrong with asking the question? What’s the reason for the new cloak of secrecy?

I agree. The general availability question will undoubtedly being ask so why doesn't someone take the opportunity to inquire about a specific player.

Davis was exactly the type of player we needed in the 2nd half vs Motherwell, yet he didn't even make the bench. He played against Brentford a few days earlier.

There were prior rumours of a disagreement.

He can't run. Already playing with two defensive midfielders which will be between Lundstrum, Jack and Kamara.

I thought he might have made the odd cameo off the bench lately but I'm not overly surprised he isn't in the first eleven.

Same as McGregor a rangers hall of famer...

However like McGregor, one season too many. Hindsight is a wonderful thing however and we would have all re-signed both at the end of last season.

Players medical privacy.

We've certainly missed the Davis of last year and I think we've done a poor job in replacing him. I'm not sure he's still the player he was in all honesty.

He wasn’t up to his usual standards when he played earlier in the season which is understandable with his age. But his disappearance and no minutes is still very odd.

And the same can be said of almost single first team player that has worn the jersey this year.

Incredible no one has asked the manager why he is constantly absent.

He did.

Someone posted last week that he was having a scan on something. Haven't heard a peep from Rangers though and the fan media guys never seem to ask any hard hitting questions so...
He apparently took covid quite bad

Seems strange he was on the bench last Thursday but not been seen since. Is he maybe a close contact of the rumoured COVID cases with Jack and Helander? Don't think he was even mentioned as an injury case at the press conference before Motherwell?

And the same can be said of almost single first team player that has worn the jersey this year.

Incredible no one has asked the manager why he is constantly absent.
Yeah without doubt he certainly wasn’t the only one. His absence has been a very strange one.

His legs may not have the speed and power of old but his experience and composure could have been really helpful in some recent games when some players were failing to deal with the duress of a game not going well.

If nothing else he brings a calming control to Rangers play which we badly need at times, even if hes only playing first 45-60 or coming on for the last 30 to see it home.

Baffling hes not been given a chance and a little annoying.

Back