Day 1 - GVB

Suspect the gloom is a gesture, something to counter the backlash from Goldsons comments.

These are players who worked hard to become professional football players. Think of the arseholes they must have met along the way. I don't believe for a second they collectively took an immediate dislike to the manager.

Looking forward to backing Gio and the players on Thursday night!

Can anyone tell me how to get past the white bar of doom on RTV on Silk on Firestick?

You know the one that blocks the play button.

I don't think you can, and it's a total pain. You can try installing the TV Bro browser but I found it quite hard to navigate.

Every player needs to realise it’s a new management team, new approach and do what they are told to do

The keep it simple. Stupid. Springs to mind

Let’s do the basics well and sort out the mistakes

If players can’t or won’t adapt Gio said yesterday then they will know they are not dealing with a soft touch rookie manager

This season has been stop / start and it needs to change

Looks like the new staff are not going to take any shit and quite right

Do what you are asked to do. It’s not that hard to follow and I don’t think the players will get away with it until they start doing it on the pitch and earn respect and trust

Any player who doesn’t want to be here can go. No one is bigger or better than the club.

I doubt he reads Twitter but I’m cringing already at the potential shite he will get in the comments.

Not even from the beggars but the absolute sooner element in our support

Im going to jump on Morelos again, I'm afraid. Maybe unfair as its based on a short part of the footage, but I noticed it nonetheless

The drill just before they finish where they are lifting their legs high over yellow diagonal poles before running off - Alfie was putting in markedly less effort than the rest. Looked completely half arsed

Not a good look

Lack of smiles?

Put it this way, if you've got a new boss starting at work and just had a horror show of a team performance, are you all smiles or gonna at least look determined to do the job? Only if you totally didn't care.

Same goes for the boss, you've joined a place that's just had a huge fail, only a fool responds to that by laughing it off with the new team. You go in with total professionalism and sort it bloody out.

No surprises in that at all.

Actually, Goldson was laughing near the start but that's zero surprise. Just backs up my point.

Delighted to see the Dr is still there, I thought Gerrard took him with him.

In the full video Maakay is deep in conversation with Alegria

I agree with those stating that the circus comment was not aimed at Kent. If you just watch the Twitter clip it does look that way but if you watch the RTV video Kent has already released a one touch pass and it’s someone else out of shot that loses possession with what I imagine is a ‘trick’.

Johan Cruyff :“Technique is not being able to juggle a ball 1000 times. Anyone can do that by practicing. Then go and work in the circus. Technique is passing the ball with one touch, with the right speed, at the right time, to the correct foot of your team mate.” ⚽
That's Kent's Punishment Exercise for tonight. That quote, written 100 times.

I was wondering what he said ? he deffo told him to cut the tricks out during the drill.
He said keep it simple, tricks are for the circus. It’s a one touch pass training drill under pressure so someone’s probably tried something fancy and lost the ball. I don’t actually think he’s talking to Kent though, even though it looks it with the camera angle, simply because Kent doesn’t touch the ball before or during the time he says it.

I don’t want to be a doom monger and I know it’s the mangers first training session but it’s worrying how little smiles there were. Just looking very much of going through the motions
We always moan and rightly so when we see them all laughing and joking after a defeat now we are moaning because they are not happy after one ?

ffs mate

Maybe for once they actually are hurting and ashamed of themselves and want the manager to see that.

The training shown is a rondo. The objective of it is for the players in possession to complete as many passes as possible without the defenders winning it or the ball leaving the area. That's why they're putting a count on it.

It's an activation practice at the start of the training. What Makaay has said has nothing to with him 'taming' Kent. It's the point of the exercise and similar things will be said the world over while players are doing it and overcomplicating it.

Last edited:
Im going to jump on Morelos again, I'm afraid. Maybe unfair as its based on a short part of the footage, but I noticed it nonetheless

The drill just before they finish where they are lifting their legs high over yellow diagonal poles before running off - Alfie was putting in markedly less effort than the rest. Looked completely half arsed

Not a good look
Have a look at Alfie’s leg-lifts in pre-game warm ups. He cant be arsed.

Glad your here Gio. Lets kick on and secure the league title again this year with all the financial rewards that brings through direct entry to CL. We stalled this season tbh, havent kicked our backside. Sunday was unacceptable. Time to focus minds and get performance levels back to where they should be. Lets Gio.

Not shouty enough. If they’re not spewing and pulling up injured then what’s the point of training. Etc.

I’m all for banning access to / coverage of training to avoid these very scenarios.

We can’t overanalyse every single comment ffs:D

Training sessions at professional clubs can be angry, aggressive and confrontational things.

If it’s all focussed on getting a result on the next game, that’s all that matters.

I am concerned with the players body language, lack of smiles and to add to that the Dutch boy Roy criticising poor kenty.

I want these serious focused Dutch guys gone, it’s obviously not working already and is clear to see.

Can we maybe add Ally to the team and he can drop his kegs so the lads can fire balls at his bare arse to lighten the mood and make them smile again??

Will somebody please think of the pampered princess players :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did Arno Philips top have “RP” on it or is it just the font.
Definitely AP
231121_Training__Arno_Phillps_86.JPG

I don’t want to be a doom monger and I know it’s the mangers first training session but it’s worrying how little smiles there were. Just looking very much of going through the motions

Jesus Christ.

What a ridiculous conclusion to come to, after watching a brief video, half of which focused on the warm up before the actual session started.

Mental stuff.

Disappointed not to see a still of big Roy holding goldson upside down by the ankles like a trout.

On another note, I'm glad they look gloomy, I hope Gio went through them like a dose of salts before coming out.

Back