Day 1 - GVB

I was wondering what he said ? he deffo told him to cut the tricks out during the drill.
He did. I'm thinking his comments were for the drill. The drill looked like it was all about fast one-touch, keep away. I can't see any manager or coach putting a leash on your most creative player - when it's the right situation. That would just seem counterproductive.

After Gio gave the instruction to take one touch to make the angle then pass it was interesting to see Morelos paying no attention and doing what he wanted to do :eek:
I didn't notice this so had to go back and check.

When you say paying no attention and doing what he wanted to do, you mean standing there looking in Gio's direction as he explains the drill?

I don’t want to be a doom monger and I know it’s the mangers first training session but it’s worrying how little smiles there were. Just looking very much of going through the motions

It’ll be a heavily edited version of the session. If they’d shown the players laughing and joking, FollowFollow would have been in meltdown saying the players don’t care about Sunday.

I didn't notice this so had to go back and check.

When you say paying no attention and doing what he wanted to do, you mean standing there looking in Gio's direction as he explains the drill?
No, I mean immediately misplacing a first-time pass after being told to take a touch to create an angle before making the pass.

I'd love for you to tell him about your thoughts on gilets.

Screenshot-20211123-181735-Photos.jpg
It's a body warmer you bunch of

No, I mean immediately misplacing a first-time pass after being told to take a touch to create an angle before making the pass.
Sorry I thought you meant he was mucking about while it was getting explained. Went back and watched it again, going by the instructions I thought he was meant to be one touch also but might be wrong. Don't get a full picture of the whole drill in a short clip.

Reactions: fmp
Only morons would turn on Gio that quickly, sadly we have plenty in the support.

For me he gets right to the summer to build his own team.

Same no matter what happens this season up until now this team has shown no heart or desire if it takes until the summer to get rid of the staleness so be it.

Intresting. Tough conversations already
...JD training and learning from Roy....no coaching top that's a conversation had.

Also Alegria in squad.

Maybe also a tough conversation in Spanish with Alfie.. you have competition.

Body warmer. Do you call your wallet your purse anaw and carry it about in your fanny pack, sorry man bag?
A body warmer is thicker & more insulated. A gilet is lighter and generally used in layering but ultimately a gilet is a body warmer and a body warmer is a gilet.

But regardless of what you decide to call them, they are class.

Also, my wallet goes in my pocket of my jeans (front pocket, it’s safer)

I don’t use a man bag/bumbag as I’m not a complete fanny.

You have your cards in one of the phone cases that doubles as a wallet don’t you?

What do you want?

These players just got pumped 3-1 in a semi final, Im glad they look miserable!

If they were smiling and laughing that would be far worse for me.

Correct, I'd be more worried if they were all smiles after Sunday.

There doesn't need to be smiles. There needs to be focus and intensity.

Anyone familiar with how the quotas in Europe work? Does he qualify as a home grown player as he's from the Academy? If not he's either there for the experience or part of the wider plans for Thursday.

Given we are a forward down, with Roofe being injured, coupled with the idiotic decision to allow Itten to go out on loan after a very decent preseason, it makes perfect sense to have another striker involved.

I’m getting the feeling that this is the beginning of the end for this squad. Would expect most of them to be away over the next 3 or 4 windows.

If we go back to the Advocaat years then the players weren’t to happy during drills either. Many press leaks even covered Dicks disputes with various players, from Lorenzo to Tugay.

But it still worked.

Though there does seem to be a short shelf-life with Dutch managers. You’ll get a cracking two years and then it all seems to fall apart. Idk why, but from Advocaat to Van Gaal, Reikjard, Huddink - that’s the way it pans out.

We shall see.

I wouldn’t be reading too much into some of the B team players being there, it's not the first time they've been involved in first team training and the rest of the youngsters are away in Europe playing.

Intresting. Tough conversations already
...JD training and learning from Roy....no coaching top that's a conversation had.

Also Alegria in squad.

Maybe also a tough conversation in Spanish with Alfie.. you have competition.
Alegria has trained with the First Team squad on several occasions, as have several others in the B Team. He’s miles away from being ready to step up based on his B Team showings.

It's his pace and directness that make him the player he is when he is being at his most effective for us. The tricks are window dressing.
so your telling me his tricks doesn't help him score some of the amazing goals he's scored?? Agree his pace and directness is effective but you really can't say his fancy footwork are just "window dressing"

If we go back to the Advocaat years then the players weren’t to happy during drills either. Many press leaks even covered Dicks disputes with various players, from Lorenzo to Tugay.

But it still worked.

Though there does seem to be a short shelf-life with Dutch managers. You’ll get a cracking two years and then it all seems to fall apart. Idk why, but from Advocaat to Van Gaal, Reikjard, Huddink - that’s the way it pans out.

We shall see.
Any manager we have who does well will likely be gone in 2 years anyway, likewise a manager who does poorly.

Back