Day 1 - GVB

Any manager we have who does well will likely be gone in 2 years anyway, likewise a manager who does poorly.
I’m going back historically, say past two, maybe three decades. At a time when your Smiths & Fergusons were creating sustained legacies.

But the two year timeframe certainly applies to the modern game, true.

Just watched it. Good vibes from the management team imho. Also sad to say that the only player that looks like a top class footballer is Jermaine Defoe (granted the clip was short).

I don’t want to be a doom monger and I know it’s the mangers first training session but it’s worrying how little smiles there were. Just looking very much of going through the motions
Here you go mate

FD12345-D-E565-4894-9770-93-E6683-F62-DF.jpg

AEEE2-B99-AAB2-467-E-8-E8-F-25-A96-F80-C829.jpg

I don’t want to be a doom monger and I know it’s the mangers first training session but it’s worrying how little smiles there were. Just looking very much of going through the motions
Hugely concerning mate. I'm absolutely petrified now. Reckon we should get Ally back and bring the laughter back to training? That's whit it's awwww aboot.

GVB Training Day 2... Roy Makaay is offered a cuppa but video is edited down to him just saying "no". Final nail in the coffin as FF confirms he is far too negative, presumes players are in tears and start a petition to get him the sack.

:D
Tears?

I’ve been in tears watching this team trudge through 1/3 of the season with the insipid performances.

Hope GVB & Makaay are working them like dogs on basic passing drills for starters.

I don’t care who goes in a huff or spits the dummy, that team on Sunday was a disgrace,
weak mentally and physically.

if they don’t like the new regime then foxtrot Oscar

A body warmer is thicker & more insulated. A gilet is lighter and generally used in layering but ultimately a gilet is a body warmer and a body warmer is a gilet.

But regardless of what you decide to call them, they are class.

Also, my wallet goes in my pocket of my jeans (front pocket, it’s safer)

I don’t use a man bag/bumbag as I’m not a complete fanny.

You have your cards in one of the phone cases that doubles as a wallet don’t you?
Who uses cards these days? Contactless all the way :)

As much as some on here have stated, that comment from makaay wasn’t directed at kent, was towards someone else. Kent didn’t have the ball at the time.

I’m going out on a limb here and assuming there is a large portion of posters that have never been involved in professional level training sessions. That comment and similar from RM is commonplace, in fact if that bothers you, then what actually happens would probably result in a hyperventilating episode.

There's that word again. "Heavy." Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?
I mean, you and I could probably keep going for a good while and completely ruin this thread for everyone else. We should make like a tree, and get outta here.

This team just lost a semi-final on Sunday ffs. Do you want them giggling and skipping through training? They looked focused. That's good enough for me.
Great to see Gio actually get involved with the training,he appears to be a lot more hands on, hopefully a return to the one touch pass and move.

Back