Day from hell

tastic76

Turned up at suppliers this morning. Getting my stuff together for the day.
Wife phones "I've got a flat tyre outside the school".
No worries I'm just round the corner. I turn up and she has curbed the tyre. No spare wheel just a can of stuff that you scoosh in the valve to help you get to a garage. This won't help there's a hole that I can put my finger through.
Take her home while she is on the phone sorting the insurance out for our 2nd car (ran out yesterday).
Head to my 1st job (an hour late). That goes fine.
Turn up at my 2nd job. Pull the handbrake on and snap the handbrake cable.
Go to my last job of the day. Go out to the van to get some tools and find I've got a flat tyre.
Just glad to get home and have a beer.

Nightmare for you mate. The first thing I did when I bought my car and it had a can of gunk for a spare, was to buy a space saver wheel and tyre, and jack. Not had to use it yet (touch wood) but I am sure I won't regret it.

Last edited:
Had a flat tyre twice.

Phoned the insurance and got it fixed within a half hour. For free.

All part of my insurance, it seems.

Feel for you mate, have a few to numb the pain and look forward to tomorrow at Ibrox

What a day mate. could have been worse though, can you imagine a bad result on top of that.

The RAC carry space saver wheels because so many come with a can of gunk as a lot of flats the wheel or tyre is damaged beyond use.

Hope your day gets/has got better OP.

On my way to pick my daughter up today after work and was involved in a car crash. Fabulous start to the weekend. Thankfully the little one wasn't in the car. Small blessings and all that.

Turned up at suppliers this morning. Getting my stuff together for the day.
Wife phones "I've got a flat tyre outside the school".
No worries I'm just round the corner. I turn up and she has curbed the tyre. No spare wheel just a can of stuff that you scoosh in the valve to help you get to a garage. This won't help there's a hole that I can put my finger through.
Take her home while she is on the phone sorting the insurance out for our 2nd car (ran out yesterday).
Head to my 1st job (an hour late). That goes fine.
Turn up at my 2nd job. Pull the handbrake on and snap the handbrake cable.
Go to my last job of the day. Go out to the van to get some tools and find I've got a flat tyre.
Just glad to get home and have a beer.
Ffs m8 that is a day from hell.

Tomorrow's another day. My son plays pro youth so away to heart in the morning and an afternoon/evening plastering while listening to the game

My worst day outwith family stuff involved me ending up in a river with fish swimming in my footwell of the van while l was ringing out my socks the wife called me to tell me she had written off our six week old car.

Back