Day trip itinerary?

GeckoBear29

Proud Bronze MyGers Member
Official Ticketer
Can’t find anything on my confirmation - Anyone know when we will get this?

Does anyone know if it’s possible to phone up and pay extra to get exit seats etc?

Does anyone know if it’s possible to phone up and pay extra to get exit seats etc?
I emailed to ask for a seat in the middle or back and they came back and said they’d pass requests onto the airline but can’t guarantee it

Following payment the confirmation said that coach times would be confirmed on the final itinerary which would be sent 7 days before departure

I normally go indy and this is my first time doing the official day trip. What's the sketch with taking a small hand luggage?

Do people take any hand luggage and leave it on the coach when at the match? Or is it generally a case of carry nothing and have everything on you?

I normally go indy and this is my first time doing the official day trip. What's the sketch with taking a small hand luggage?

Do people take any hand luggage and leave it on the coach when at the match? Or is it generally a case of carry nothing and have everything on you?

Best just taking what you can carry. Buses are numbered usually upon arrival, but essentially some random local hire - so they won't guarantee if you leave anything valuable on board whilst away for the day.

Everything in your pockets mate. Money, ticket, passport. What else do you need:p

I’m taking a backpack with like change of clothes, charger and stuff like that which I will leave on bus but anything valuable will be going into the stadium with me

On a side note..

Will there be a specific square/pub/area the majority of fans will be gathering during the day?

Cheers.. dont have Facebook so cant have a look.

Should be good fun.

Here's a snippet from there post last night:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2597184297074574/
We will partnering with Cafe Astoria which is located on the corner of Praca de Republica.

We will have a DJ on the tunes and there is special pricing organised with the venue for Mon (evening) Tues Wed all day.

The venue is small inside however sits with a large outdoor area on the square. They have agreed to set up mobile beer units to ensure plenty supply for the travelling fans.

The large outdoor seating area on the square at the venue which will be a perfect spot for our fans to soak up the Sun and enjoy the cold beer. Weather is expected to be good forecasts indicate temp could reach up to 22.c :)

Pricing -
PT Heineken - £2.90
Bottle Beer - Sagres - £2
Spirit Mixer - £4

Transport in Portugal to Braga - Gers Away transfers - SOLD OUT! Porto to Braga Braga is located just 50km north from Porto and is easily reachable by train from one of Porto’s railway stations, São Bento or Campanhã, with a journey time of approximately 1 hour. A single ticket costs around 4 EUR. The last train from Braga back to Porto is at 22:45 allowing supporters staying in Porto plenty of time to return.

Alternatively, supporters can travel by bus which will also take approximately 1 hour. Buses depart from the Porto – Campo 24 de Agosto station and travel to Braga Central Bus Station. Same day return tickets are available from 7 EUR

UBER -

Uber is widely used in Portugal and is very cheap. You can get an Uber from the main airport Porto to Braga for around 35 euros. Will take around 30 mins.

Travelling to the Stadium

The stadium is approximately 2.2km and a 30 minute walk away from Braga City Centre.

Taxi’s to the stadium will be readily available for supporters from the Gers away bash at Cafe Astoria. Uber will cost around 5 euros.

Have a safe trip!

Just had this email back from them.

Thank you for your email.
We do send them 3-5 days before you travel, so hopefully you will receive this by the end of the week.
We are in the process of fulfilling the last few seats on the aircraft due to cancellations, once this is done we will send out your itinerary.

Thanks
Colette

We do send them 3-5 days before you travel, so hopefully you will receive this by the end of the week.
We are in the process of fulfilling the last few seats on the aircraft due to cancellations, once this is done we will send out your itinerary.

Thanks
Colette

It doesnt really make much difference to me but sending the itinerary out less than 5 days before we fly is extremely short notice.

Will both planes be landing in Porto around the same time?

It doesnt really make much difference to me but sending the itinerary out less than 5 days before we fly is extremely short notice.

Will both planes be landing in Porto around the same time?
Its always been like that even with thomas cook

I think all of the chartered flights are scheduled to leave between 06:10 and 06:40

Thanks
Colette
I got the same email. I don't know why they can't just tell us the departure time ffs.

The itinerary mentions "do not leave any personal belongings on the coaches". Are there any regular day trippers on here? If so, is it normally ok to take a small bag with you to carry stuff like phone charger and other stuff and do you normally leave it on the coach?

The itinerary mentions "do not leave any personal belongings on the coaches". Are there any regular day trippers on here? If so, is it normally ok to take a small bag with you to carry stuff like phone charger and other stuff and do you normally leave it on the coach?

To be honest mate I just take essentials in my pockets. Passport, cash, credit card (for emergencies only), ticket, phone. What else can you possibly need :))

Flight 1 coach 2. All going well it would be good if we left before 11pm on the way home.

Back