DAZN in talks to buy BT Sport

BBC v STV had some appeal! And one very simple remote - not several! :)
Remote you say, I say a child! or as it was back in the day " get up and change the channel" human remote control and dials.
remember thinking we had Won the pools when we got a remote with a wire.

Keep in mind though BT Sport was initally used to attract customers to BT broadband, it would be interesting to see the figures that they managed though that

This is the only reason I use BT for my Broadband is the discounted BT Sports package.

If that goes there is nothing to keep me with BT. I imagine they'll definitely lose numbers due to that.

They will operate the channel on traditional Satellite (likely to be rebranded DAZN) until the existing deals run out. Then possibly force everybody over to streaming if they think platforms like Sky and Virgin are asking too much.

Traditional TV is going to go the same route and remove the need for satellite dishes eventually. BT TV already operate on an IP basis and Sky X is a product in Europe that runs exactly like Sky Q but the tv feed is through the internet rather than Satellite. They have held of rolling it out in the UK for some reason. Probably out British skepticism of new things.

What kind of person can’t live with a 30s delay? Stay off social media and watch the feckin game if someones ruining it for you, put your bets on in advance and don’t sit refreshing willie hills like a crack addict and you won’t even notice.
A gambler like myself

What would happen to the Champions league and Europa League? possibility of Sky going back in for them? It's hard keeping up to date with all the things that I have subscribed to!

I don't think a "steaming" service would work, apart from possibly Amazon.

Do we all forget about ElevenSports who came in, bought up Serie A and La Liga and sold the rights off after 6 months as it wasn't viable.

I agree with the delay being no issue for me, however it's all part of the "experience" now, with social media updates / live pods / watchalongs.

Do we all forget about ElevenSports who came in, bought up Serie A and La Liga and sold the rights off after 6 months as it wasn't viable.

I agree with the delay being no issue for me, however it's all part of the "experience" now, with social media updates / live pods / watchalongs.

DAZN is owned by Len Blavatnik and led by former ESPN President John Skipper. It has serious clout. I'm not entirely sure about ElevenSports, but wasn't the main backer some dodgy Italian bloke who took the reigns at Leeds for a bit?

If they can offer anywhere near the same bang for buck service for UK audiences that we get in Germany then it'll be a hit.

I know most get their BT Sport from a dish but it is already a streaming service. I used to get it through the aerial via a Youview box but now I get it through an app on my smart TV via broadband or can stream it through an app on my android phone. I think that will become the norm.

DAZN is ridiculously cheap compared to services in the UK.
In Canada, I pay $150 for the year. I get every single PL game, CL, Europa, MLS, NFL, Carabao Cup, Boxing, Darts. The amount of options available is unreal and in two years, I've never had an issue with it.

its never going to remain ridiculously cheap.

its never going to remain ridiculously cheap.
How's that then?
Even if they put the price up to $200 a year it still represents great value for money all things considered. Especially when you look at the price of SKY, BT Sports, Premier Sports etc in the UK. At least it's one subscription and we get everything, when consumers in the UK are paying out 3 or 4 different prices.

if it spells change for the shite pundits we get hit with I’m all for it. Thinking back to the banter days of BT expecting us to host sutton and jobby teeth.

Never heard of DAZN before today. What rights do they currently have? Take it they’re the real deal and not some flash in the pan like Setanta or ElevenSports?

Back