Deal for doc in doubt

would be keen to keep him for now. As a boyhood Rangers fan it would suit him to be here for 55

I’m not itk but I heard a rumour that we were trying to give charlton doc as part of a deal for Lyle Taylor

Sadly Doc is several levels below our current midfield. I don't doubt for a second that he has tried his hardest so there is not shame in going elsewhere to get football.

Boy needs to be playing, I'd much prefer a loan, I do think he will have something to give this team in the future.

Quite clear he isn't good enough and is never going to cement a place is our current squad. Hes hardly 18/19 trying to burst in, hes 23 and if was really going to make an impact would likely have done so by now. Think it would be in all parties interest if we shipped him off permanently, even a loan the now with option to buy in the summer and cut our losses.

Bowyer was quoted in a paper and said he received a player swap deal for him that he branded 'Ridoculous'

I’m not sure where it came from just someone sent me it on WhatsApp. Taylor’s contract is up at the end of the season

if, as 4LHAD are suggesting, it is because we can’t agree loan payment terms with Sunderland then I continue to be encouraged that we no longer seem to be pushovers in the transfer market. I don’t suppose most of us will really have a particularly informed view of the job Ross Wilson is doing but, on the face of it at least, the signs are encouraging as regards outgoings. I hope in due course I am saying the same about incomings.

Bowyer was whining earlier about a club offering a player swap deal for Taylor. Was rumoured to be Stoke City but who knows?

Apparently stoke want Jordan Jones. I’m sure he would love to play with that wee rat McClean

As many have said, he is a decent player, not just good enough for Rangers. His move just came at the wrong time.

CHARLTON are leading the race to sign Rangers midfielder Greg Docherty after his switch to Sunderland hit a stumbling block.
The 23-year-old will be allowed to leave Ibrox for the rest of the campaign after failing to make an impression with Steven Gerrard’s side so far this term.

Sunderland were in pole position to land Docherty to aid their promotion push as boss Phil Parkinson looks to lead the Black Cats back to the Championship.
But the League One outfit have been unable to strike a deal with Rangers and will have to increase their offer on Docherty’s wages if they are to sign the former Hamilton star this month.

He done well at Hamilton playing of the right,pity Gerrard likes left footed players or right and vis versa or he would have been well suited to that role

There’s a player in there somewhere....just not one good enough for the journey we are on.

6 month loan spell where hopefully he impresses and we get a decent fee with sell on clause, imo best we can hope for.

It would be good for him to get some games in the championship, he is clearly better than league 1 level so i hope he goes to Charlton

I'd like him to stay and improve a team in Scotland to take points from the tims but long term I'd say a successful loan down south would benefit us when it comes to selling him if he's not moving his game up to the level required to even make the match day squad.

He cannae be. The manager and coaches watch him every day and he never makes a squad. Reckon he has a first touch like a trampoline. These training games are full pelt and reckon Doc does not show up very well.

Tut-tut-tut, very poor grammar. A Verb needs a subject, young Mr. Call. Who is doing the reckoning?

Last edited:
Don’t know about dealing with Charlton after Bowyers comments when Aribo joined, but at the same time would be a decent level for Doc to test himself at

A loan spell in the English championship would be good for him , if he can replicate his success at Shrewsbury his profile would go up and either way we would benefit with a better player returning or get us a better price for him.

Glad we seem to be pushing for reasonable loan fees. Not so long ago I'm sure we'd be putting players out, minimal/no fee and still paying part of their wages.

Back