Deal for doc in doubt

it wouldn’t really

When Doc went to Shrewsbury & smashedit he was rated around £2m with teams wanting him

go down to Charlton & do similar we are in a strong position come summer with a DOF who actually knows what he is doing with regards to player sales

Why swap him for a guy out of contract in 6 months

Do u think we will bring in any new players before January 31 st ?

it wouldn’t really

When Doc went to Shrewsbury & smashedit he was rated around £2m with teams wanting him

go down to Charlton & do similar we are in a strong position come summer with a DOF who actually knows what he is doing with regards to player sales

Have you heard anything ID10 in terms of potential incomings as I would be surprised If we don’t sign another forward option at least on loan till the end of season. I have to say I would be worried playing Defoe against Aberdeen and Celtic if Morelos was injured or suspended.

Hopefully he'll get a championship club, he clearly needs to prove himself at a higher level than last year.

Have to say I'm pleased it's just looking like a loan at this stage. I'd love to see him eventually make it with us. Not sure if that's even still a possibility but I'd like to think so

He's not going to get a run of games in our midfield, we have too many better players in front of him at the moment.

I would prefer him to go out on loan up here.

Makes teams stronger v them and weaker v us as he cant play. Celtic have gotten away with this for years.

Tut-tut-tut, very poor grammar. A Verb need a subject, young Mr. Call. Who is doing the reckoning?

Aye my command of the queens English isn't great. My point still stands. He's got a body like a middle weight boxer. He's super fit and can go box to box for a full 90 easy. So what's wrong. They are watching him every day of the week and never select him. Why ?

Kid needs to play games for his own career I'd say a permanent deal would be the best thing for the lad

He’s not had much of a chance to show his ability
We don't see training every day, the management team do. If there was a way for him to push through and be trusted then I think they would have given him more bench time. Yes our main midfield players have been outstanding this season and that would have hurt his chances more.

Feel we need to trust the gaffer on this one. my own opinion is get him the game time at a decent level and lets see how that works out. If he doesn't make the breakthrough next season then its come to and end.

It might be a tad selfish but I would rather he stick around until the end of the season. I am concerned about the squad depth if we were to get a couple of injuries to key players in that area of the park.

Hopefully can get him out and playing games, he won’t develop sitting in the stands since he can’t make our bench

it wouldn’t really

Do you think we will get £2m for him? I know Ross Wilson is doing class with fees but I reckon £1m would be about right, and I'm not one to majorly undervalue players.

he has the fitness and drive to succeed as rangers ,just wonder if he has the skill set to be honest
I think it says it all when he can't get into the eighteen against Stranraer,we're well covered for the position he plays in. Can't help feel for the guy and I hope he gets a club higher than the teams mentioned.

If he smashes it down south & would inevitably end up down there, considering their valuations it’snot unreasonable in my humble opinion mate
If he does go on loan to a low championship side and has the same stats as he done last season roughly then yeah I could see us getting a better fee than £1m true, if whatever fee we got went towards another player though I'd rather just sell right now.

I feel sorry for Docherty just don’t think his style suits the way Stevie G wants us to play, best for all concerned that he moves on preferably for a fee.

Aye my command of the queens English isn't great. My point still stands. He's got a body like a middle weight boxer. He's super fit and can go box to box for a full 90 easy. So what's wrong. They are watching him every day of the week and never select him. Why ?

Was really just looking for clarity, WC. I thought you knew someone on the coaching staff had said "Reckon he has a first touch like a trampoline. These training games are full pelt and reckon Doc does not show up very well. "
But now think you were the one doing the 'reckoning'?

Went on loan to league 1, now possibly on loan to championship. This is positive for the club.

He starts to look like a profit maker for the club even if he does not make it at Ibrox.

Why we not loaning him out in the SPL?
He's name use to us down south, not unless someone is buying him.

Hopefully something will happen soon for him, at his age playing regular football to keep developing is vital

Why we not loaning him out in the SPL?
He's name use to us down south, not unless someone is buying him.
Maybe that’s the intention. Send him down south in the hope someone wants to take a punt? Seems to have done well at Shrewsbury can only add to his value if he steps up to the Championship. Contracted until 2022 so plenty of time to attract a bid.

Charlton is surely a better option for us anyway if he does well in the Championship rather than league 1 for a sell on value in the summer?

I just think Gerrard sees him every day and doesn’t see it. A pity, looks a great prospect and a massive Gers fan too.

As noted in another post - when Doc can't make the 18-man squad against Stranraer, you can only infer that SG simply doesn't see a role for him at Rangers. As I see it, the only way back for Docherty would be a loan to a decent Championship side where he would get regular starting minutes to develop his skills and show what he's capable of. The Championship would obviously provide a sterner test for Docherty that the SPL ever would, and if the loan went well he'd come back to Ibrox a far better playe, one who could make a genuine contribution to Rangers, or he could be sold at a decent profit.

Irrational though it may seem at this point, I believe we should persevere with the player, and if we do, we'll be rewarded for our patience down the line.

Back