Dean Windass

I was reliably informed last night that he was pretty disappointed that the club had accepted a fee. He had been moaning all pre season about how much he wanted away, then when the offer was accepted he apparently couldn't believe that we weren't refusing.

Going to Wigan is not only a step down, it's about 3 steps down. He will be a regular starter with no pressure from the support. Playing in front of 15k every second week, must enthrall him.

One day he will look back and realise he fucked up.

He was not suited to Rangers . We can't afford a player to go missing in games and pop up with a performance from time to time

I was reliably informed last night that he was pretty disappointed that the club had accepted a fee. He had been moaning all pre season about how much he wanted away, then when the offer was accepted he apparently couldn't believe that we weren't refusing.

Going to Wigan is not only a step down, it's about 3 steps down. He will be a regular starter with no pressure from the support. Playing in front of 15k every second week, must enthrall him.

To be fair I don't think he's a Gerrard sort of player.

Did Steven Gerrard not say Windass wanted to play number 9, Gerrard couldn't guarantee that so he was interested in speaking to Wigan?

One of many players whose career has peaked at the bears, didn’t realise it, didn’t put the effort in and will regret it at the end of his career

European football, under a footballing world star in front of 50k fans or.....Wigan.

Good luck josh. With your attitude and father, you’ll need it.

I’m not saying it would’ve made any difference to the outcome, but the club really should’ve pulled Josh aside and warned him about his social media conduct. He should’ve binned his Twitter account long ago. His old man has done him a big disservice with the way he carried on too. It was a distraction and sideshow we could all do without. I trust our manager to bring in 10 times the player with the transfer fee.

Last edited:
Did Steven Gerrard not say Windass wanted to play number 9, Gerrard couldn't guarantee that so he was interested in speaking to Wigan?

Did he say that? Genuinely didn't know that. I think JW thought that he was untouchable in the side. Last season he was a regular starter however SG has signed winners, winners with hearts of lions and big baws. Big coohoonas. The size of coconuts to stand up and play in front of 50k. JW was really only comfortable and confident away from home imo.

Back