Death of Ian St John

Yoniboy

After the news of the sad death of Ian St John I was reminded of the time in 1992 when the other half of Saint and Greavesie (Jimmy Greaves) spent five days with the Rangers squad and on the program said "I knew Rangers were a massive club but last week found out that they're not only the biggest club in the UK but in my opinion undoubtedly one of the three biggest clubs in Europe", I've no doubt that at that time he was spot on.

Loved the banter between the two of them and never missed,great humour which desperately needs brought back.

Can always remember he was in the commentary team at the sheep cup final when Coop scored that free kick. I am sure you could hear him cheering an Aberdeen goal in the background.

Can always remember he was in the commentary team at the sheep cup final when Coop scored that free kick. I am sure you could hear him cheering an Aberdeen goal in the background.
Doubt that very much.

He's a Motherwell fan and I'm sure I read in his biography that his dad was in the Orange.

Liverpool put an amazing clip on their Twitter yesterday about Saint's career at Liverpool from a bygone era.
That was a good watch. I never realised he was quite as talented as he was and obviously played a big part in the rise of Liverpool FC.

Back