Decision Making in final third

gazperth

How we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory is beyond me. Our decision making in final third was utter bollocks as it has been so far this season, what should have been a routine 3 or 4 nil game ends a draw.

Lost count of how many times we were in great positions but picked the wrong option or tried to poke through another extra pass or had a tame shot straight at keeper. No killer instinct so far, no matter the front 3

Kamara and Davis are hopeless as well anytime the ball breaks at the edge of the box.

Defoe should still be on the bench IMO he got a good few off the bench last season.

Davis had a shocker and that 3 on 1 was atrocious. As soon as we messed it up it was obvious we would be punished. We should have one hand on the trophy and 9 points clear of Celtic if we hadn’t made a hash of the start

Defoe for Roofe with 15 minutes ledt would have been a good shout - if he'd have been on the bench. We had a lot of touches in their box and did nothing.

How we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory is beyond me. Our decision making in final third was utter bollocks as it has been so far this season, what should have been a routine 3 or 4 nil game ends a draw.

Lost count of how many times we were in great positions but picked the wrong option or tried to poke through another extra pass or had a tame shot straight at keeper. No killer instinct so far, no matter the front 3
The opportunity Steven Davis had backs that up perfectly. Was through on the break and should either have gone himself or passed it left.
He opted to overhit a pass to the right and the chance was lost. Really fuckin annoying.

The ball from Davis on the break was criminal. The players are over thinking every pass - that's a team that's a little lacking in confidence. We need something to galvanise us.

For me the players aren’t playing instinctively in the final third. They are taking too many touches and trying to be too precise and ironically that’s why they are lacking a clinical edge.

The miss from roofe then that shocker of a pass from Davis proved crucial. These are the moments in games that make all the difference. Also the shot at the end from aribo blocked by Morelos when it looked like it was going into the corner.
Just a few of The situations that if they go how they should we are three or four up and strolling it.
The decision making definitely needs to improve massively and we need to be more ruthless when the chances come.

Came on to say pretty much the same thing. We’re overplaying things in the final third, always one pass or one touch too many. That’s not a tactical change it’s a mental one that has to be made.

I wouldn't bet on any of our forwards scoring with an open goal in front of them, not one of them is a natural penalty box striker, the type we so badly need. How Roofe missed from 6 yards out early in the second half is beyond belief

If we can find our clinical edge October could be massive, they have tough away games and we have home games (admittedly some tougher opposition). Given their away form, if we can find a ruthless streak we could really pull away.

What annoys me is we have one of the most gifted finishers in the history of the British game and he can’t even make the bench

games like this are perfect for Defoe when we are short up top at Ibrox and the opposition are camped in, his movement around the box and finishing is second to none

madness

I don’t think it’s the final 3rd that’s the problem- it’s the midfield taking far to long to get the ball to that area of the park which let’s opposition teams get back and get their defensive shape set up.

Roofe needs to deliver in these games, the chance he missed in the 2nd half was criminal

What annoys me is we have one of the most gifted finishers in the history of the British game and he can’t even make the bench

games like this are perfect for Defoe when we are short up top at Ibrox and the opposition are camped in, his movement around the box and finishing is second to none

madness

Do you not think there’s a reason that Defoe can’t even get near our bench nowadays?

Theres just no spark. The transition into the attack is criminally slow and we take too many touches in the box.

Back