Declan Gallagher of Motherwell

surfbear

Official Ticketer
Can anyone confirm if my impression/eyesight was correct from sportscene and he was only Motherwell player with no poppy on his shirt?
Admin feel free to delete if I am wrong

Has it come to the point that we’re checking each player to see if they’re wearing a poppy?

His choice.
I noticed it myself on Sportscene, I wasn't looking for it, but its absence stood out in the prematch lineup.

If it really isn't that much of an issue then why doesn't everyone just wear the equipment supplied by their employer, even if it had a poppy on it?

I noticed it myself on Sportscene, I wasn't looking for it, but its absence stood out in the prematch lineup.

If it really isn't that much of an issue then why doesn't everyone just wear the equipment supplied by their employer, even if it had a poppy on it?
Just seemed odd to me as sure he had worn them before.

Just seemed odd to me as sure he had worn them before.
To be fair to him, I got my high horse when I saw him without it. I may have been a bit quick in over reacting, I may not.

People don't refuse to wear black arm bands, probably because of fear of reaction. The most upsetting thing for me about the poppies is that its the same thing, but no one is fearful of a reaction when not donning a poppy. They should be! There should he a reaction.

It just shows these people up as the disrespectful lot that they are. I wouldn’t give them the attention.

Personally I don’t understand how they aren’t moved by stories of 15 year old children killed in the trenches and servicemen losing limbs to this very day.

Has it come to the point that we’re checking each player to see if they’re wearing a poppy?

His choice.

Why not?

To be honest, I didn't know who the filth were playing today.

But here's the fc_uking point Mister don't give a toss.

Why did the most virulent, anti- British organisation in sport get the opening ceremony of the British and Commonwealth Games in 2014?

To be fair to him, I got my high horse when I saw him without it. I may have been a bit quick in over reacting, I may not.

People don't refuse to wear black arm bands, probably because of fear of reaction. The most upsetting thing for me about the poppies is that its the same thing, but no one is fearful of a reaction when not donning a poppy. They should be! There should he a reaction.

why should there be a reaction? Those the poppy represents sacrificed so that we could be free to make choices like wearing the poppy or not, if indeed there was even a choice made here

I respected traditional pish in country’s Ive been to not disrespect the country.
Fucking earn your coin in Britain it’s for a reason cause our fallen made sure they could so respect is a must like it or not.
No excuses or oh choices pish!
Our fallen made the ultimate sacrifice so we could live a life of freedom and choice.

If someone decides not to wear a poppy for whatever reason, even if it is warped, then so be it. That’s the choice they’ve made.

Every year we do this, like every year, the world is full of utter c.unts, they are best ignored, I firmly believe in karma, it's a leveller.

Our fallen made the ultimate sacrifice so we could live a life of freedom and choice.

If someone decides not to wear a poppy for whatever reason, even if it is warped, then so be it. That’s the choice they’ve made.
Yes, as long as those who care continue to show respect, it’s all you can ask for, those who don’t respect the fallen have their own choice to make.

the men and women who fought in all the conflicts that Britain have been involved in. did it to give everybody freedom to say or do whatever they want within the law. so if Declan or whoever chose not to wear a poppy it is their choice. just like us who think they are worthless if they do not that is your choice. but to Declan and all the others who chose not to wear a poppy if it was not for all the men and women in the forces. all of us would not have the freedoms we have today so you mite not agree with all the wars the forces have been in. but it cost's nothing to show all the men and women in the forces respect for all they have giving all of us.

Wearing or not wearing a poppy is a personal preference that everybody is entitled to make. That’s what our fallen we’re fighting for.

However, when you are part of a team I think it is churlish to make a point for the sake of it.

For me the true twats are those who aren’t in favour of remembrance and try to feck it up for those who do respect it. They need to be reminded that we have the right to a preference too.

Everyone has the right to wear or not wear the poppy, but if your not going to wear it, dont come out with some crap excuse on why it wasnt on your jersey..for that reason i have a kind of respect for that rat mclean atleast he gives a reason,albeit a warped one.. i understand many old ww1 soldiers refused to wear the poppy as it had haigs name on it.. and thats understandably same with kids wifes whos partners n dads died especially n the somme.. pachendale etc.. ..who i do hate are those white poppy wearers.. to me its a attention seeking point.. i saw one old bint on george sq wearing a massive white knitted poppy.. .. if it wasnt a remembrance servive id have confronted her

There's almost a fetishism regarding the poppy and whether people wear them or not. The annual "Poppy Watch" thing is embarrassing. It's a personal choice. I personally don't wear one and haven't worn one since school in the early 80s, and that was so you could just jag people with it. You can have respect for things without having to "prove" your respect.

Everyone has the right to wear or not wear the poppy, but if your not going to wear it, dont come out with some crap excuse on why it wasnt on your jersey..for that reason i have a kind of respect for that rat mclean atleast he gives a reason,albeit a warped one.. i understand many old ww1 soldiers refused to wear the poppy as it had haigs name on it.. and thats understandably same with kids wifes whos partners n dads died especially n the somme.. pachendale etc.. ..who i do hate are those white poppy wearers.. to me its a attention seeking point.. i saw one old bint on george sq wearing a massive white knitted poppy.. .. if it wasnt a remembrance servive id have confronted her
So you'd "confront" some old bint who is showing respect in her own way that you might not like? As I said a minute ago, you can show respect in your own way. I assume she wasn't shouting and bawling and making a scene, was she? No need to confront her then, is there?

Talking to a poet colleague this morning , says he was raging yday as some arsehole behind him shouted up the ra or chuckie ar la or however you spell it during the silence , said the lady's front bottom got whacked off a fellow poet supported next to him

but the gangrene brigade did not enter the ground until after the silence , supporters calling them a disgrace and also condemning the team for not wearing one , as it sets the tone for idiots by not being bigger than the biggots and providing strips with Poppy’s on them for the players.

If you are going to be a scumball bastard at least have the baws to stand by your actions.

By saying his poppy fell off, it's a f*cking insult to everyone else if he thinks that's a plausible excuse.

Last edited:
Theres a pic of him wearing a poppy on his training kit a few days ago.

He may be a mentally challenged but I don't think It's overly unlikely that it just fell off, the whole poppy watch thing is an absolute riddy.

Agreed.

Back