Declan Gallagher of Motherwell

Who really cares if people like this ill-mannered tink thinks it makes him look more kafflk, more republican, more 19th Century Terrorist, or whatever his agenda is, to not wear a poppy?

Decent people will continue to do the right thing.

Can anyone confirm if my impression/eyesight was correct from sportscene and he was only Motherwell player with no poppy on his shirt?
Admin feel free to delete if I am wrong

Seriously who actually cares?

We know those that don’t wear one in this country are scum.

The constant poppywatch is boring as feck and pathetic.

From the photos it would appear that both Gallagher and Doidge initially had poppies on the shirts and they came off. Seems it’s the Kitman at fault here. It’s not really worth the anger.

Has it come to the point that we’re checking each player to see if they’re wearing a poppy?

His choice.
Well said mate,I know lots of us find it hard to accept,but deep down all these brave people that made the ultimate sacrifice,did so for us all to make OUR OWN CHOICE,if some people don't won't to wear one or acknowledge it,then that's their choice,stuff them!

They really are a mentally fucked up lot, your average Scottish mentally challenged.

Quite happy to enjoy the freedom to choose not to wear a poppy to commemorate and remember those who sacrificed their lives to gain those very freedoms they enjoy. And the bizarre thing is, they don’t think that there is anything weird about that contradiction.

Bizarre, bizarre lot. I often wish they would all just f*ck off back to the mothership.

So you'd "confront" some old bint who is showing respect in her own way that you might not like? As I said a minute ago, you can show respect in your own way. I assume she wasn't shouting and bawling and making a scene, was she? No need to confront her then, is there?
Why the need to wear a massive white poppy it basicly near covered her whole chest.. if you dont wear a poppy good but i think in my opinion its attention seeking at its best. You just need to look at who wear the white poppy n holyrood..

They really are a mentally fucked up lot, your average Scottish mentally challenged.

Quite happy to enjoy the freedom to choose not to wear a poppy to commemorate and remember those who sacrificed their lives to gain those very freedoms they enjoy. And the bizarre thing is, they don’t think that there is anything weird about that contradiction.

Bizarre, bizarre lot. I often wish they would all just f*ck off back to the mothership.
The mothership doesn't want them.

To be fair to him, I got my high horse when I saw him without it. I may have been a bit quick in over reacting, I may not.

People don't refuse to wear black arm bands, probably because of fear of reaction. The most upsetting thing for me about the poppies is that its the same thing, but no one is fearful of a reaction when not donning a poppy. They should be! There should he a reaction.
Why? That generation along with countless others, fought fascism to give others the right to not conform. We're as bad as the fascists they fought if we make not wearing a poppy an issue. And incase you jump to conclusions i served in Afghanistan and continue to serve as a reserve soldier.

why should there be a reaction? Those the poppy represents sacrificed so that we could be free to make choices like wearing the poppy or not, if indeed there was even a choice made here
Why? That generation along with countless others, fought fascism to give others the right to not conform. We're as bad as the fascists they fought if we make not wearing a poppy an issue.
In my opinion, by not wearing a poppy deliberately you are either disrespecting those the rest of the country are showing respect towards, or you are choosing to show more respect to our enemies than to our (and your) own.

There is uproar in some quarters at a minutes silence being broken, why not the visible sign of respect and thanks too?

But I know what you're both saying, and your point is valid, of course. You can go either way with this. I just think its important to show respect in this way.

In my opinion, by not wearing a poppy deliberately you are either disrespecting those the rest of the country are showing respect towards, or you are choosing to show more respect to our enemies than to our (and your) own.

There is uproar in some quarters at a minutes silence being broken, why not the visible sign of respect and thanks too?

But I know what you're both saying, and your point is valid, of course. You can go either way with this. I just think its important to show respect in this way.
The UK is a democracy folk can make their own choices..

The whole point that's being made is we should respect everyone's right to their opinion. So i count yours as valid as mine mate.

Everyone has the right to wear or not wear the poppy, but if your not going to wear it, dont come out with some crap excuse on why it wasnt on your jersey..for that reason i have a kind of respect for that rat mclean atleast he gives a reason,albeit a warped one.. i understand many old ww1 soldiers refused to wear the poppy as it had haigs name on it.. and thats understandably same with kids wifes whos partners n dads died especially n the somme.. pachendale etc.. ..who i do hate are those white poppy wearers.. to me its a attention seeking point.. i saw one old bint on george sq wearing a massive white knitted poppy.. .. if it wasnt a remembrance servive id have confronted her

Here is the issue.

The freedoms our heroes are slowly but surely being pecked away at. We are being told how to think and we are being told what we are and are not allowed to be offended at.

I don't believe for a second this guys poppy simply fell off. He may have worn the poppy before but here he was playing at the piggery and he thought he would take the opportunity to make a statement of solidarity with his bigoted pals and remove the poppy from his shirt.

That is a blatant sign if disrespect and is akin to booing during minutes silences for ex players associated with your biggest rivals.

Imagine if the Union Bears stayed outside so as to not observe the minutes applause for Billy McNeil and then unveiled a banner about his part in covering up the paedo scandal at the piggery - imagine if any of our players didn't applaud - all hell would break loose and rightly so.

Could the above be a fair comparison?

Generational thing Mearns the kids growing up today are clueless regards history.
This ties in to my issue.
It’s not wearing a poppy today that’s my issue.
It’s why and an acceptance that it doesn’t matter.
Showing respect doesn’t matter!
If this is going to be the norm, where does it stop.
Less and less each year until a “who cares” anymore attitude permeates throughout society.
For me, it’s just another chip off the British way of life.

This ties in to my issue.
It’s not wearing a poppy today that’s my issue.
It’s why and an acceptance that it doesn’t matter.
Showing respect doesn’t matter!
If this is going to be the norm, where does it stop.
Less and less each year until a “who cares” anymore attitude permeates throughout society.
For me, it’s just another chip off the British way of life.
Blame the parents mate it their job to teach children respect, and the fact it has to be earned.

If people/players choose not to wear one that's up to them. I don't see why anyone has any issue with that.

The only time it bothers me is when cocks like McClean actively make an issue of it, or idiots like the GB at the weekend.

Here is the issue.

The freedoms our heroes are slowly but surely being pecked away at. We are being told how to think and we are being told what we are and are not allowed to be offended at.

I don't believe for a second this guys poppy simply fell off. He may have worn the poppy before but here he was playing at the piggery and he thought he would take the opportunity to make a statement of solidarity with his bigoted pals and remove the poppy from his shirt.

That is a blatant sign if disrespect and is akin to booing during minutes silences for ex players associated with your biggest rivals.

Imagine if the Union Bears stayed outside so as to not observe the minutes applause for Billy McNeil and then unveiled a banner about his part in covering up the paedo scandal at the piggery - imagine if any of our players didn't applaud - all hell would break loose and rightly so.

Could the above be a fair comparison?
[/QUOTE
Why are you even bothered? Pay your own respects and don't worry about others, it'll save you less heartache.

Just listened to the football weekly podcast and the Irish guy on it mentioned the Motherwell player in his scottish fitba report but failed to mention the whole scum team not wearing one

The reason it bothers me is because they go on about blood stained poppies.

It is something that rarely gets the criticism it deserves and there are msps actually promoting this belief.

So it is bigger than just paying individual respects to the heroes.

The reason it bothers me is because they go on about blood stained poppies.

It is something that rarely gets the criticism it deserves and there are msps actually promoting this belief.

So it is bigger than just paying individual respects to the heroes.
Again so what! Let the rest of the civilised world see them for what they are. The Scottish msm and politicians don't care money is their only worry. I have family friends in London, they know who they are.

I have no real issue with individual players and their refusal to show respect. Every year the McLean guy is in the English papers re his anti poppy stance. The scum however, as a club, is a totally different kettle of fish and yet never receives criticism from those same newspapers. No idea why.

They claim to be Irish, sing of pledging their lives to Ireland, mock the deaths of British soldiers, indulge in anti-British racism, but they prefer to stay in Britain rather than Ireland. Meanwhile, the real Irish at Remembrance Day.

mcclean.jpg

What must his teamates think of him? If Italians, Germans and Argentinian footballers can respect our day of Remembrance why not him?
Sergio+Aguero+Leroy+Sane+Manchester+City+v+X7LltM5eINxl.jpg

I was in Blackpool at the weekend and the poppy was absolutely everywhere.

Shame on the so called Rangers fans on here who couldn’t care less.

Check your family tree and you’ll find someone who suffered badly during those horrendous times. Look at their day to day Bataliion war diaries then come back on here and earn respect.

Again so what! Let the rest of the civilised world see them for what they are. The Scottish msm and politicians don't care money is their only worry. I have family friends in London, they know who they are.

The rest of the world are not seeing them for what they are.

It all goes back to one thing - they are complete ira supporting anti British bigots - they celebrate the murder of the likes of Lee Rigby.

When they get the shit kicked out of them for their behaviour they claim they are victims.

This type of behaviour disgusts me - if it doesn't bother you in the slightest then you are a more forgiving man than I am.

I don't know what the fuss is. Refusing to wear one points you out as an attention seeking cu nt and it makes it easier to avoid.

On a side note, one of the stats guys from ModernFitba yesterday claimed he was the best centre half in the country :eek:

Well he is a piece of shite so no surprise really. Wonder why referees and linesmen never showed a bit of respect by wearing a poppy.Maybe guidelines from their masters at saville row prevented them from doing so. Maybe I'm wrong but didn't notice any ref wearing one.

What gets me is the lack of condemnation of the club to call out the green brigades behaviour again. They sang a disrespectful song at the weekend and to be fair it was booed down but what has Liewell got to say? Nothing. Is it a surprise. No. I think that is more disrespectful than people making a stance not to wear one.

Like they wouldn’t be all over us at any opportunity
living down south and get about a bit,plenty of people see them for what they are.Some may be embarrassed pointing it out
but more annoyed over the lack of expose from the media.
The Japanese statement that the fans behaviour was impeccable what should have been RIddy material.

All these celtic fans saying they booed the gb bla bla bla, this gb is a smokescreen to deflect from the fact.. Once again they chose not to wear a poppy, where is the fake outrage from there fans with this. Know where its all to deflect from the bigger problem, Liewell’s as mentally challenged cxnt.

The rest of the world are not seeing them for what they are.

It all goes back to one thing - they are complete ira supporting anti British bigots - they celebrate the murder of the likes of Lee Rigby.

When they get the shit kicked out of them for their behaviour they claim they are victims.

This type of behaviour disgusts me - if it doesn't bother you in the slightest then you are a more forgiving man than I am.
The world does see mate, and I'm far from forgiving, I won't let it consume me. Life's too short let the yahoo's wallow in their hate.

Back