Declan John's kit in the changing room last night

VelvetThunder

I'm sure this has been asked before now but I can't find any threads on it.

Last night on the official instagram story, there was a picture from inside the changing room which had Declan John's kit on the peg along with the rest of the team. It made me and a few others in the pub before the game think the rumours of his injury were untrue but obviously then he didn't make the bench so I was wondering if maybe it was to make St Johnstone think he was playing? I'm sure they would have heard the rumours about his injury too.

Maybe I'm giving us too much credit and there is another explanation, just thought I'd ask.

Think wee jimmy prob put all the kits out as per normal. Noticed he pegged Elton and moved it above and took it down after pic ?

Him and Russel Martin looked ok before the game
rs_1024x759-180128145707-1024.Elton-John-David-Furnish-Grammys-Kf.12818.png

Heard GM say in radio that his groin was tight and they didn’t want to risk him. Wether that’s true or maybe down playing it for the scum game

Folk aren't half labouring this Elton John thing.

Terry butcher went through a phase of making similar cringey jokes about our players names while he was finding fault with everything at the end of Warburtons tenure.

"Andy Halliday, more like Billie Holiday HAHAHA"

Don't be like Terry Butcher.

Would you rather we call him Declan

Terry butcher went through a phase of making similar cringey jokes about our players names while he was finding fault with everything at the end of Warburtons tenure.

Not a fan of the Elton John patter either.
Would prefer DJ

I couldn't give a flying %^*& what his name is. Come the OF game, if he's fit and he rattles in the winner i will be shouting his name out loud and proud.

I'm sure this has been asked before now but I can't find any threads on it.

Last night on the official instagram story, there was a picture from inside the changing room which had Declan John's kit on the peg along with the rest of the team. It made me and a few others in the pub before the game think the rumours of his injury were untrue but obviously then he didn't make the bench so I was wondering if maybe it was to make St Johnstone think he was playing? I'm sure they would have heard the rumours about his injury too.

Maybe I'm giving us too much credit and there is another explanation, just thought I'd ask.

So you thought we might be pulling a fast one on the paedos but thought you’d come on and broadcast it?

He was saying something the other night on BT sport about Morelos' twin or something. I also remember the jokes you're talking about too. Cringey as Feck. Legend on the pitch, absolute plonker off it.

Anyway, heard a few on here mention the Morelos twin thing too ... I've obviously missed something because I don't get it .... Woooosssshhhhh!!!!

I'm sure Elton is his nickname amongst the squad too. Sure it was picked up on a pitchside mic when he was taking a throw in the other week against someone?

God forbid that football players have nicknames. I mean, really. Have we become so PC that we must call people by their actual name at the expense of a funny nickname?

To those insisting we call him Declan, there have been many Rangers players over the years who have had an 'alternative' name. It's nothing new.

God forbid that football players have nicknames. I mean, really. Have we become so PC that we must call people by their actual name at the expense of a funny nickname?

To those insisting we call him Declan, there have been many Rangers players over the years who have had an 'alternative' name. It's nothing new.
What was Nigel Spackmans nickname? I remember a McCoist interview and he said we couldn't have a Nigel playing for us.

I don't know why political correctness has come into it, unless by PC you mean "pish chat" in which case then yes, that's exactly the reason.

I don't know why political correctness has come into it, unless by PC you mean "pish chat" in which case then yes, that's exactly the reason.

Jukebox Durie, Ted Drinkell, Doddie, Albert Tatlock, Girvan Lighthouse, Jaws, Rab Spackman, Elvis Pressley (dare I say) etc etc.

Never would exist if it were down to you then eh?

Very clever with the PC thing by the way. Never heard of that before until your contribution. Too intellectual for the likes of me....a normal bear that likes a laugh. At least you are practicing what you preach. zzzzzzzzzz

Back