Defibrillators in each section of the ground

borderbluenose

The cost of defibs is not great and fairly easy to train people in each stand/enclosure. Give a discount to 2 or 3 trained fans have a defib or possibly 2 in each area of the ground would a good investment and give us good PR ( well everywhere but Scotland. Whether RFC or C1872( I know) or both contributed . What do fellow bears think bear in mind it could save your or a friend of a family members life

I'm sure they are already there, I certainly recall seeing 1 in Govan rear at the top of the stairs.

Used to sit in the west enclosure, at the back row 2 doctors used to sit in the same seats each week.
Had the fluersecent jackets with doctor on the back etc

Do the St Andrews first aider's them carry them in their kit ?

I would be confident to say there would be hundreds trained Season Ticket Holders already trained for work reasons.

They are doddle to use and won't shock if it picks up a heart beat

Stewards should be trained to use them, its quick and easy.
I've been trained on defibrillators, it's not difficult at all to use them. It's not too simplistic to say they are idiot proof. (Thankfully never had to use one in an emergency to test that.)

As long as they are available anyone can administer them.

If I ran an amateur football team again, it’s the first thing I’d fundraise for.

Not sure id go to a game without one.

Sunday football is a heart attack waiting to happen for a few lads.

it literally takes 5 minutes to learn how to use them, the machine talks you through its use.
You still need good quality cpr though as well. Sticking the pads on and just letting the defib shock the patient, if a shock is even needed, isn't going to achieve anything.

it literally takes 5 minutes to learn how to use them, the machine talks you through its use.
You’re right. If you stick the pads on the top left chest and bottom right abdomen (as you look at the patient) it talks to you telling you exactly what to do. Another tip for folk is mouth to mouth resuscitation is a waste of time. If someone is not breathing their heart has almost certainly stopped and you do chest compressions. You have a few minutes to prevent permanent brain damage so don’t piss about with mouth to mouth. Get the heart working. Press hard on the sternum to the tune of ‘staying alive’ and if you break a rib so what, it’s better than death. It’s actually quite tiring so if you can, swap with someone every 60 seconds.

The cost of defibs is not great and fairly easy to train people in each stand/enclosure. Give a discount to 2 or 3 trained fans have a defib or possibly 2 in each area of the ground would a good investment and give us good PR ( well everywhere but Scotland. Whether RFC or C1872( I know) or both contributed . What do fellow bears think bear in mind it could save your or a friend of a family members life
Great idea (if we don’t have them)

Theres definitely one in the Govan East corner, Id be surprised if there isnt one in every section.

I work offshore and there are 10 defibrillators on the rig Im working on.

All stewards and police should be trained in their use. Then you have the St Johns guys!

The club should have one at the front or rear of every seating area.

You’re right. If you stick the pads on the top left chest and bottom right abdomen (as you look at the patient) it talks to you telling you exactly what to do. Another tip for folk is mouth to mouth resuscitation is a waste of time. If someone is not breathing their heart has almost certainly stopped and you do chest compressions. You have a few minutes to prevent permanent brain damage so don’t piss about with mouth to mouth. Get the heart working. Press hard on the sternum to the tune of ‘staying alive’ and if you break a rib so what, it’s better than death. It’s actually quite tiring so if you can, swap with someone every 60 seconds.

Rescue breaths;)

Seems to be alot more stewards around the club deck these days id like to think they had access to a defib if needed

Post on here last week about the main stand reception, there was a defib under the desk, would imagine we have a few dotted about the place.

Should be a health and safety requirement on account of the grub we serve
The grub isnt the problem, its the increased heart rate and blood pressure that comes waiting in a queue whilst a member of catering staff sautners about to serve a pie and bovril and takes longer trying to calculate the cost on the till....fuckin get a move ffs

I noticed one at the reception area in a recent phot that was shared

I used to do first aid with St Andrews at Ibrox and currently work as a Paramedic. There are usually 2 first aiders in the Govan, Broomloan, Copland, Club Deck and 2 at each end of the enclosure that cover the enclosure/main stand and help with the field squad. Each team carry a first aid kit and defibrillator. Currently Scottish Ambulance Service also provides around 4 Ambulance crews, 1 for the field squad and 3 for the crowd and they all have defibrillators and are located at different parts of the ground. There's also a doctor in the Main first aid room at the west enclosure, typically an A&E consultant.

Yep , maybe an oxygen supply too mate

100%

I did a first aid course covering this a few years ago and the cost of what you propose is insignificant against the benefits.
Every second counts in these situations.

Everyone should take 5 mins to find out the nearest place to their home which had a defib as you never know when you might need it , i think the government should put in place a scheme where they supply local libraries, sports centres , local community centres , obviously local health centres will have them , even local football centres or football pitches have them now after the erikkson incident

I would imagine that having them available is a part of the crowd safety regulations. I see Al-boy has explained there are first aid posts all over the place.

They can get a little more complex than the instructions, say if a person is pregnant or has a pre existing injury where the pad should go.

I think they are set up to be idiot proof because attempting to use the thing is not going to have a worse outcome than death, but training is preferable, as someone else pointed out it's no good attaching the defib if you aren't prepared or confident enough to do CPR.

If I ran an amateur football team again, it’s the first thing I’d fundraise for.

Not sure id go to a game without one.

Sunday football is a heart attack waiting to happen for a few lads.

We have one at all our U13 games.

We can't play without it being checked off as being on the side of the park

You still need good quality cpr though as well. Sticking the pads on and just letting the defib shock the patient, if a shock is even needed, isn't going to achieve anything.
The machine tells you when to perform CPR and when to shock

Back