Defoe’s goal absolute class

it was a fitting goal for his 300th. I have seen him score a few like that one over his career, running and not breaking his stride as he steers it into goal. A thing of beauty.

We have had some great goals recently Roofes obviously, the one that Itten cracked in the other week and Defoe's. Time for Alfie to start firing in all cylinders in front of goal.

My favourite player in the league, what a fantastic man and terrific professional.
My mates a Sunderland fan and says “can we have Defoe back please” they still love him down there. He was “best mates” with the poor wee 6 year old who died of cancer Bradley Lowery, Defoe was this boys hero and he was genuinely devastated when the boy died, has Bradley’s name tattooed on his arm.

In a money-orientated sport with loads of multi millionaire superstar players who couldn’t really give a f&ck about the fans outside of organised PR events, I think it speaks volumes of JDs class and humanity that he couldn’t help but get so emotionally invested in this poor lad and his family’s plight.

My mates a Sunderland fan and says “can we have Defoe back please” they still love him down there. He was “best mates” with the poor wee 6 year old who died of cancer Bradley Lowery, Defoe was this boys hero and he was genuinely devastated when the boy died, has Bradley’s name tattooed on his arm.

In a money-orientated sport with loads of multi millionaire superstar players who couldn’t really give a f&ck about the fans outside of organised PR events, I think it speaks volumes of JDs class and humanity that he couldn’t help but get so emotionally invested in this poor lad and his family’s plight.

I couldn’t have put it better myself mate.

you would have a heart of stone not to be touched by the story of him and that fighter of a wee boy.

He is an asset to your club and a joy to watch as a neutral.

The way I see that goal was the controlled half volley was sublime but the pass from JT was extremely difficult to judge and execute so perfectly . An amazing combination .

I thought he was going to get pulled back for offside or something - the casualness of the way he just passed it in made me think the whistle had gone, and he just thought he would try something for fun. Outstanding.

The very definition of making it look easy. Don't think I've ever seen a cooler finish. Looks like he barely touched the ball!

It's literally a tap in. But the most exquisite tap in you'll ever see. The ball is outstanding and without breaking his stride he 'taps' it in. Still dont know how TF he does it so easily!!
That's the thing it's made to look so easy the way he executes it,9out of 10 strikers would have skied it,but the cross is just sublime!

It was a brilliantly taken goal met inch perfect on his stride following an exquisite pass.

However, Roofe's goal was one in a lifetime that will be talked about for years. The work Roofe had to do just to be able to get a shot on is tremendous. Never mind the conditions and being off balance from over 50 yards out.

Enjoy the goal but Roofe's was out of this world.

Many a striker would try and play the ball down and play it round the keeper but Defoe showed his class with an unbelievable finish.
Take a touch on that and it's fucked imo that goal was perfection slotted JD made that look toffee when in actual fact it's a skill few have.

Gets better every time I watch it.

Taking the ball first time like that is absolutely top drawer finishing.

Fantastic ball from Tav and a truly brilliant finish from Defoe. Only a tiny number of players in the world would succeed in scoring that goal.

I reckon Defoe will feature in a lot of these domestic games that follow on from Thursday night European matches.

We almost had arguably the 3 greatest goals scored by a team in one week all of them entirely different, if only Tav had volleyed that sweet move into the top corner against them last week:D

Back