Defoe back in training today

Proper athlete. That's why he's had the career he has had and why at 36 has the body of some one 6/7 years younger.

If that doesn't wash off on some of our younger players, then nothing will.

FWIW, Polster, Docherty, Murphy, Dorrans and Goldson have been putting the work in as well.

Need to mention Katic here aswell. He's been on Instagram constantly putting vids up of him training/in gym. Brilliant to see.

Proper athlete. That's why he's had the career he has had and why at 36 has the body of some one 6/7 years younger.

If that doesn't wash off on some of our younger players, then nothing will.

FWIW, Polster, Docherty, Murphy, Dorrans and Goldson have been putting the work in as well.
Goldson put up something about dreading preseason the other day then some zoomers were giving it that's not the attitude etc. An hour later he posted a pic of him having completed a long run with a caption similar to for the doubters.

It's great to see proper professionals at our club who take their job seriously. Felt like we never really took fitness as serious as we should have in the past but that has most definitely changed!

Katic has been non stop all summer. Great to see these players focussed over summer. Hopefully Gerrards told them go take a few weeks and get focussed and ready to take this league to the cleaners.

Hope his attitude rubs off on some of our players. Could make the middle of the road players last a bit longer for the cause and make professional changes to the younger players on the fringe

Defoe hitting the ground running right from the start of the season.
Tremendous!

Absolute model professional and after everything he done for young bradley he seems like a top top lad. Hope he bangs in plenty next season.

Will be a huge player for us this year and can see him after his loan deal is over next season signing for us . Honestly think he has 3 more seasons in him playing at his current level and when he does go will be looked on the same as the late great Butch Wilkins and Davie Weir.
A superb example to the other players young and old on how to extend your career

If he stays fit the wee man will bag 20+ this season. 25+ If he gets the game time!
I agree with that boy av had out working was showing me videos of him over last few wks a don't think he's stopped training! he looks like a fitness addict to me can't wait to see him with a full pre season he was superb toward the end of last hoping he can do ever better I. sure he will if he stays fit

Top player and a top guy. Standards he has matches the gaffers, massive player next season

That's the difference in the footballing generation thought, Devor, Gerrard, Lampard all looked after their bodies because they loved the game they play, the money wasn't the driving factor.
The current generation take the contract, accept the money and couldn't give a %^*& about their careers.

I appreciate this isn't all footballers.

Back