Defoe discusses career

Great player, must admit I thought he would just be the usual big name player at the end of their career coming up to Scotland for the experience and the wage and not really contributing much but he was brilliant.

That goal against Livingston was outstanding, very few players who have worn our shirt could pull that off. Very few players in general could pull that off.

He knows how massive we are, we're bigger than spurs and he also knows that. Biggest compliment is he wasn't here that long but no matter how long he's been away, he will always be welcomed back as a hero.

I echo the sentiment about the goal vs the bogtrotters, I knew we'd scored but my link was about a minute behind and saying please be Defoe! Then I watched him dump that fud on his arse before finishing it!!

that goal against Livingston was a genuine world class finish!

the technique on it was sensational.
I said at the time it was better than Roofes which was the midweek before. Seen plenty similar goals like Roofes since then. How many finishes like that one from Defoe that day?

An exceptional finish to put it first time into the bottom corner the way he did.

Great player, must admit I thought he would just be the usual big name player at the end of their career coming up to Scotland for the experience and the wage and not really contributing much but he was brilliant.

That goal against Livingston was outstanding, very few players who have worn our shirt could pull that off. Very few players in general could pull that off.
Could watch that goal v Livi over and over.
Just made it look so simple and that was exactly what it wasn't.

A good person and a great player. One of the few, if not the only, high profile player to come up from the EPL and deliver. He certainly left us with his with his name etched into our history.

Defoe I can see becoming a bit of a cult hero for Rangers. Have very fond memories of his tenure. Guy is a total class act.

Such a fantastic ambassador for our club. I'm glad he got a league title medal with us. It was have been a travesty if he ended his career without winning one.

With hindsight, now knowing about the injuries to our front line, I wish we had kept him until at least the end of the season.
He could have made a difference for us especially in the league.

I am so happy he played for us and he always seems to be a genuine nice guy

Great watch. Such a lovely genuine man. So pleased he wore our famous Jersey and understood what we are all about.

Fantastic promoter of RFC - one of the people now.
It is strange but true how our club can affect even well known players when they get there. I once was lucky enough to have a sponsor relationship with the club (great days) and on one occassion I hosted a table with Ronald DeBoer as the player who was with allocated to sit with us. He was not used to such events and was a bit uncomfortable but he did say we were a much bigger club than he ever thought and had an incredible relationship with the fans. Cool story i know but an example of what our club comes to mean to even the biggest 'stars'

With hindsight, now knowing about the injuries to our front line, I wish we had kept him until at least the end of the season.
He could have made a difference for us especially in the league.

I am so happy he played for us and he always seems to be a genuine nice guy
I hadn’t really thought about that but it would have been a very good option to have.

Defoe signing off with an appearance in the Europa League Final…. There’s a sliding doors moment to consider.

I hadn’t really thought about that but it would have been a very good option to have.

Defoe signing off with an appearance in the Europa League Final…. There’s a sliding doors moment to consider.

Imagine Kents chance falling to him...

A great combination to have a class player and a class person he is both! Defoe more than a 55 legend!

Latest posts

Back