Defoe - He gets it

Bishybear30

I can’t believe now that I was concerned about his signing... with past failures like Jeffers, Beattie, Barton etc I suppose our recent history of English veterans hasn’t been great to put it mildly however, he has proven that he’s the real deal and has quickly made himself an integral part of our title challenge.
I really hope he gets to end his career with silverware with us
Speaking on Talksport today:
"The whole environment, everyone at the club from the women in the canteen that have been there for 30 years to the kitman Jimmy (Bell) who tells me all the stories of all the legends who played for the club, all the players and the squad we've got, the manager and stuff and the special fans. I'm loving it, it's been amazing.
"100 per cent (love the club). I’m not just saying it because you need to, I think you can tell to be honest by how it is gone. It’s just an amazing football club. I’ve always known Rangers are a massive club and I just feel blessed at the back end of my career to get a chance to play for a massive club like that is really special."

Jeffers, Beattie & Barton have never been on the same planet as Defoe.

Only an idiot would think signing those 3 would be anything like signing JD.

Only thing I worried about was how his body would hold up and whether he’d get targeted by hachet men.....

I never doubted his footballing brain or composure in front of goal....

Agreed but I wouldn't go as far as saying idiotic mate.

Jeffers & co (with the greatest respect) were average playing at a very high level, though Beattie was fantastic for Southampton.

With Defoe you are genuinely talking about one of the most prolific English strikers of the Premier League era, regardless of which club he played with.

Fu.ck sake mate calm down

I am calm. You can't compare 1 cap wonders like Barton & Jeffers with someone who picked up 57 caps over a decade playing with that England side.

Don't know why any of those 3 players would even come into someone's thinking.

I am calm. You can't compare 1 cap wonders like Barton & Jeffers with someone who picked up 57 caps over a decade playing with that England side.

As they were all high profile signings from the EPL. In essence I agree with you in terms of quality of player. They aren't comparable.

Also calling a fellow bear who's just giving their opinion on something an idiot, doesn't exactly project calmness.

Listened to his interview on talksport, he could barely contain himself when discussing how much he loves Rangers. He has no desire to be back at Bournemouth which gives us and him a great chance to keep him where he belongs.

Ooft big Barker’s not impressed.

CarelessAlarmingEeve.gif

I can’t believe now that I was concerned about his signing... with past failures like Jeffers, Beattie, Barton etc I suppose our recent history of English veterans hasn’t been great to put it mildly however, he has proven that he’s the real deal and has quickly made himself an integral part of our title challenge.
"The whole environment, everyone at the club from the women in the canteen that have been there for 30 years to the kitman Jimmy (Bell) who tells me all the stories of all the legends who played for the club, all the players and the squad we've got, the manager and stuff and the special fans. I'm loving it, it's been amazing.
"100 per cent (love the club). I’m not just saying it because you need to, I think you can tell to be honest by how it is gone. It’s just an amazing football club. I’ve always known Rangers are a massive club and I just feel blessed at the back end of my career to get a chance to play for a massive club like that is really special."
Had my doubts I must say but nothing to do with JD,more because of failures like Barton and Kiernan,remember him,lol. Hope he stays and becomes a coach.

He is a Rolls Royce footballer, I never for a seconded doubted his signing and living in England i get to hear what people think of him, he's a "neutrals" favourite down south and i have no doubts he'll have brought us as will have Gerrard some new fans from south of the border

I was utterly depressed earlier this year thinking Defoe and Davis weren’t working out. But boy have they turned it around,

Not sure Jermaine would like to be classed with the other players you mentioned mate.

He's several levels above, both in ability and attitude.

Thanks for posting a good interview though.

I was utterly depressed earlier this year thinking Defoe and Davis weren’t working out. But boy have they turned it around,

They were always going to work out mate.

All they needed was a chance to gain match fitness and patience from some supporters.

That's what you should have posted the first time.

Back