• Kamberi

Votes: 565 79.1%
  • Greg Stewart

Votes: 48 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.1%

• Total voters

ClubDeckBear

I'm under no illusions as to who the better player is here but considering form, compatibility with our system and the quality of Braga who would you like to see start on Wednesday should Defoe be fit?

I'm not 100% but if Defoe was fit he'd probably edge it for me. Interesting to see how popular Kamberi is. I do agree he has looked the part in his cameos though. Good problem to have I suppose considering the circumstances.

Difficult to say, the high line they play suits Defoe better than the park the bus spl games. He, under normal circumstances, would be my choice. However kamberi seems to have something to prove and did well last night.

So probably kamberi with Defoe coming on later in the game after we've tired them out.

I’d go with Kamberi. He’s contributed when he has been on the pitch and Defoe is just returning from 4 weeks out. Gerrard said that Kamberi was pushing for a start.

I think he will score too.

Kamberi for me, but only if he gets more time Sunday. Needs a good run out with the team.

Kamberi offers far more in and out of possession imo

He isn't a great goal threat though mate.

No argument that he works hard out of possession, but in possession Defoe is lethal, as he proves on a regular basis.

His goal to game ratio is incredible.

I'm not 100% but if Defoe was fit he'd probably edge it for me. Interesting to see how popular Kamberi is. I do agree he has looked the part in his cameos though. Good problem to have I suppose considering the circumstances.

It's purely the circumstances and the attributes for me. Defoe is deadly in the box, but I don't think the game is going to suit him. Kamberi will do the hard running and give us an out ball down the channels, Defoe can't give us that. If we're going into the last 20 needing a goal, then JD is the man to come on.

I am kind of happy with either, but i do think that Defoe's pace and finishing would really trouble a team that plays such a high defensive line. 'Davis to Hagi to Defoe. 1 nil Rangers!'

No argument that he works hard out of possession, but in possession Defoe is lethal, as he proves on a regular basis.

Agreed mate but do you not think it's going to be the type of game that we need the hard work out of possession more than the goal threat? To start with anyway?

His finishing and movement is still good enough to see him excel in Scotland against weaker opposition but he's lost more than a yard of pace and isn't really ideal in our system

Kamberi's 3 goals in 24 starts is against Scottish opposition mate.

However, I would only start Defoe if he's fully tuned.

Morelos let us down badly last night with his ridiculous booking for dissent.

You might think I'm being harsh but for every goal that Defoe scores he seems to miss about 2 or 3 sitters

Kamberi was underwhelming as a signing and I didn't believe he would offer much, however initial signs are really good and he could be brilliant for us.

He's better at retaining the ball than Alfie for sure, could be argued that he would be the better option anyway. It's early days but the ball just doesn't stick to Alfie, it does to Kamberi and let's the team move up the park, that will prove very useful in this away leg where I expect we will counter attack.

Kamberi was underwhelming as a signing and I didn't believe he would offer much, however initial signs are really good and he could be brilliant for us.

He's better at retaining the ball than Alfie for sure, could be argued that he would be the better option anyway. It's early days but the ball just doesn't stick to Alfie, it does to Kamberi and let's the team move up the park, that will prove very useful in this away leg where I expect we will counter attack.

Alfie as in Alfredo Morelos?

Agreed mate but do you not think it's going to be the type of game that we need the hard work out of possession more than the goal threat? To start with anyway?

Defoe will work hard out of possession mate, he always does.

We will certainly need to be clinical over there though, that's for sure.

If I'm being honest though, I don't see him being fit to start.

Don't think the game will suit Defoe, I expect us to play on the counter attack,Don't think Defoe has the pace for that type off match.

Kamberi as he's better with his back to goal and I think we need that as an outball with the attacking pressure we're gonna face.

You might think I'm being harsh but for every goal that Defoe scores he seems to miss about 2 or 3 sitters

I think that's ridiculously harsh mate and is more of an issue with Alfredo than Defoe.

I'd be astonished if Defoe is fit for Wednesday though.

If you cast your mind back to the Hearts game, where they were playing a high line, Defoe was being caught by their central defenders despite having a 5m head start. JD is a great finisher and poacher, but given the difficulties that the Braga CB's had in dealing with Alfie, I think we may be better starting with the more physical presence of Kamberi, and then bringing on Defoe in the last 15, if we require a goal.

Better at retaining the ball than Morelos?????

That's probably Alfredo's biggest strength mate and he's probably one of the best in Europe at holding up the ball.

Latest posts

Back