Votes: 93 13.0%
  • Kamberi

Votes: 565 79.1%
  • Greg Stewart

Votes: 48 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.1%

• Total voters
I would be brave and pick both to be fair if Defoe is fit. He could easily play Defoe as main striker and Kamberi drifting and a support, allowing Hagi to create and the rest of the midfield to sit and defend. I would drop Kent if I’m honest.
Tav, katic, Edmundson, barisic (if fit), Aribo, Jack, arfield and Hagi. Kamberi and Defoe. 4-4-1-1.
If that’s too adventurous then it would be 4-5-1 with kamberi to start and Davis to slot into midfield in place of Defoe.

Defoe in a counter attacking set up would be suicide as would Stewart! Both lack the pace required to allow the quick back to front transition required. Kamberi is the obvious choice with Aribo and Hagi capable of contributing goals from midfield.

Our defensive and midfield shape should be much more rigid than at Ibrox and to that end I wouldn’t expect Braga to get the same amount of space in front of our defence. This is where I think we can pick them off if we can transition the ball mor rapidly.

We could take a leaf out of their book in terms of moving the ball back to front with minimal time fannying about with sideways and backward passes in midfield. When we did that last 20 mins it bore us a lot of fruit this should not be lost on us when setting the team up for Braga.

Kamberi.

I'm really not a massive Defoe fan tbh

Im the same. Did you see the thread on Defoe? They were talking about him as if he was a god. His stats are good but you have to look at who he scores against and when.

Not worth risking Defoe. Kamberi for me, although admittedly Defo is the better striker.

Defoe’s movement in the box is far superior to anything in the Scottish league. His goal return is phenomenal for the minutes to goals.
No brainer for me.

To keep our Shape I would go for Stewart through the middle with defoe coming on later in the game.
For me, kamberi takes Kents place so I would have kamberi and hagi either side of Stewart.

Better at retaining the ball than Morelos?????

That's probably Alfredo's biggest strength mate and he's probably one of the best in Europe at holding up the ball.

Just an observation after Livingston and last night. First half on Sunday and last night the ball was going forward and coming straight back, Kamberi came on and we found ourselves up the pitch a lot more.

Not having a go at Alfie, I just think this guy's a good player, better than we expected.

Kamberi at this moment in time.
Match fit now,up to speed,and has a point to prove.will need game time as Alfredo out of Europe next week.
In no way disrespecting,any of our other options,as each brings a different option.

The front man is going to have a lot of running to do, which doesn't suit Stewart, and Defoe is unlikely to be fit enough for that role, so it has to be Kamberi.

Cant see Defoe being fit. Stewart deserves a start. He would run through walls for us and he is a life long bluenose. The lad should be gambled on

Get Kamberi 90 mins at the weekend then play him next week.

Defoe doesn’t make sense especially right after injury (if he’s back).

Christ! All about opinions mate. Very surprised by that one though I have to say!

I haven't articulated myself well on my last few posts.

Let's just say on initial viewings I think that Kamberi's ball retention and link up play have been excellent, rather than a comparison with Morelos. Of course Alfie would be first choice but I'm intrigued to see what Kamberi can do.

Reactions: TN8
Has to be Kamberi. Will either be (hopefully) hitting on the break at pace, or else lumping high balls up for contesting/chasing - don't think either suits Defoe at best of times, not least coming back from injury.

Kamberi for me due to Defoe only just getting back fit and also i thin Kamberi will lead the line better in this type of game.

Kamberi is the only real option to break that high line. Defoe on at the end to hold the ball up if need be (provided he's fit)

I'm under no illusions as to who the better player is here but considering form, compatibility with our system and the quality of Braga who would you like to see start on Wednesday should Defoe be fit?

We will be backs to the wall. We need someone bobble who can hold the ball up and get us up the pitch. Kamberi is the best option for that.

Defoe won't be fit to start. IMHO no team should start a game without a striker so it's Kamberi.

Kamberi is more suited to a European away tie 100%.

Need someone that will work hard, lead the line and hold the ball up.

Defoe would have probably scored at least 2 goals last night with the chances Morelos had and I'm not sure Kamberi would have.

Surprised at the overwhelming lean towards Kamberi tbh; for me, if Defoe is fit, it's a 100% no brainer.

Kamberi. I've been quite impressed with him since he has come in. Was maybe trying too hard last night to score 'that' goal that would make him a hero, but thought he performed well.

Kamberi 100%. Has the pace and power to stretch them in behind which Defoe doesn’t posses anymore. No doubting Defoe’s finishing ability but he’s a man down in games where we need an out ball and someone for it to stick with rather than games where we dominate possession and create loads of chances for him.

Defoe could come on if he’s fit and we’re needing a goal but no way I’d start him.

When fit Defoe has scored some important goals but I feel that Kamberi has shown some promise in his recent game time. Kamberi hasn’t featured much to deem which striker is better.

Defoe would have probably scored at least 2 goals last night with the chances Morelos had and I'm not sure Kamberi would have.

Surprised at the overwhelming lean towards Kamberi tbh; for me, if Defoe is fit, it's a 100% no brainer.

Disagree. He doesn’t have the physicality or pace to lead the line against quality teams.

The evidence is there from matches this season imo.

So I don’t think it’s a no brainer at all.

Back