Votes: 93 13.0%
  • Kamberi

Votes: 565 79.1%
  • Greg Stewart

Votes: 48 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.1%

• Total voters
No hesitation in voting Kamberi in the poll . I’ve been quite impressed with him up to now.
Felt he could have done better ,when he’d a chance to drive across in front of the defender to shoot ,but decided cut back inside and wasted a good chance last night

Kent through the middle. Last night was tailor made for an in-form Kent as will next week. Alas, nothing is happening for him at the moment.

The same people voting our new Hero Kamberi will be those (by and large) that wanted Gregg Stewart to 'get a run'

No hesitation in voting Kamberi in the poll . I’ve been quite impressed with him up to now.
Felt he could have done better ,when he’d a chance to drive across in front of the defender to shoot ,but decided cut back inside and wasted a good chance last night

You've been impressed with him over the course of..?

Kamberi over Stewart?

I'm under no illusions as to who the better player is here but considering form, compatibility with our system and the quality of Braga who would you like to see start on Wednesday should Defoe be fit?
3-5-2

With Hagi and Kent up top.
Barasic Davis Jack Arfield Tav
Katic Edmundson Goldson

Won't have lost too much fitness. He played a few games on the spin as well due to Morelos being banned so I don't think there's a lot of difference between starting him next week against him getting his first start for 3 months when he's been training everyday.

I know Tavernier was out but we were murder with Defoe in the team when Morelos was suspended. He genuinely started to look like an ageing player.

Kamberi,they will play a high line again,kent must utalise his speed to get in behind,defoe dosent have the legs.defoe impact sub as a few have said.

Kamberi,they will play a high line again,kent must utalise his speed to get in behind,defoe dosent have the legs.defoe impact sub as a few have said.

This ... but I wouldn't play Kamberi. I would pack the midfield with Hagi as the attacking midfielder and Kent upfront. Hagi has the skill to get the ball in behind the defence and Kent has the speed to beat the defence to it. So essentially a 4-5-1

If Defoe was match sharp then it’s easy, but as he is just coming back, and that Kamberi has got some minutes already, it should be Kamberi.

I think kamberi is the better option if they play the same high defensive line .

If fit I also reckon that Jones could be an asset in this game as he is very direct with pace .

Fair fucks.

I'd rather the lad that's netted loads over the untried though.
Everyone has their own opinion , not sure I’ve seen Stewart net loads as you put it and I feel kamberi would lead our line over there more effectively than Stewart ,who I don’t dislike at all ,but see as a more creative type .

Stewart snd kamberi up top one lefty one right hagi in the false 9/number 10 role behind them

jack aribo arfield in the middle.

They play a very highline. Defoe doesn't have the pace to exploit that. Even when fully fit he would be the wrong choice. Kamberi and I'd throw a spanner and drop Kent for Jones. Jones' pace and directness would come in handy against their highline.

I would play kamberi, away from home we need our striker to run. Defoe’s all round game isn’t good enough to play the loan striker role in Europe. He’s good against the smaller teams in the spfl at home but in a game in Europe you need your striker to show a bit more

If we’re firing & playing well Defoe is the one. If we play like we have recently then Kamberi might be more suitable.

He isn't a great goal threat though mate.

No argument that he works hard out of possession, but in possession Defoe is lethal, as he proves on a regular basis.

His goal to game ratio is incredible.

Kris Boyd's goal to game ratio for us was incredible too. However, he wasn't the man for away games in Europe.Horses for courses.

We need someone to hold up the ball and run the channels. Defoe struggled to do that at Tynecastle recently against a shite Hearts team.

There's no doubting Defoe's finishing prowess but Braga away is different. The majority of Defoe's goals this season have been scored at Ibrox, 13 of them in fact.

Kris Boyd's goal to game ratio for us was incredible too. However, he wasn't the man for away games in Europe.Horses for courses.

We need someone to hold up the ball and run the channels. Defoe struggled to do that at Tynecastle recently against a shite Hearts team.

There's no doubting Defoe's finishing prowess but Braga away is different. The majority of Defoe's goals this season have been scored Ibrox, 13 of them in fact.

I personally don't think Defoe will be fit enough to start on Wednesday mate, but how many away games has Defoe started this season?

He scored at Easter Rd and has played at the very highest level and scored countless big goals away from home.

As for Tynecastle, well if you're basing team selection on that game, then not 1 of that outfield 10 would ever start away from home for Rangers again.

Edit... Defoe has 3 away goals from 5 away starts.

Not blindingly outstanding, but a decent enough return.

Kamberi has scored 1 away goal this season, but like I said, Defoe is almost certainly not going to be fit enough and Kamberi is a good 3rd choice striker option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although we haven't seen a lot of him yet, for the way we play I'd start Kamberi. Looks strong and able to make the most of their high line. Defoe can't possibly be fit enough for this game, but his record speaks for itself if we need him from the bench.

Kamberi's 3 goals in 24 starts is against Scottish opposition mate.

However, I would only start Defoe if he's fully tuned.

Morelos let us down badly last night with his ridiculous booking for dissent.

Understand kamberis stats on goals to games is poor

I think he’s get goals in our team given a decent run
He definitely lively an looks to have a wee burst over a yard on 1v1 s

Which creates chances

The key to Defoe playing well is service.

When is Alfredo is missing we seem to try and play the exact same way when we should be accommodating Jermain. Some of his best performances have been alongside Greg Stewart who can find him with clever passes.

Back