Votes: 93 13.0%
  • Kamberi

Votes: 565 79.1%
  • Greg Stewart

Votes: 48 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.1%

• Total voters
Voted Kamberi, Defoe is just back from injury and I think Kamberi will have something to prove.

They played a 3 4 3 and their left/right mid hugged the touch lines and we couldn’t get near them with a narrow 3 in the middle so I’d either play a 5 in the middle or even a 4 with 2 up top so possibly Kamberi and a Defoe/Stewart pairing.

They played a 3 4 3 and their left/right mid hugged the touch lines and we couldn’t get near them with a narrow 3 in the middle so I’d either play a 5 in the middle or even a 4 with 2 up top so possibly Kamberi and a Defoe/Stewart pairing.

2nd half was totally different mate.

Both Tav and Borna had clearly been instructed at half time to push on to their 2 wide mids early, whenever they had possession.

It certainly made a difference, but I was suprised it took until half time to sort it.

2nd half was totally different mate.

Both Tav and Borna had clearly been instructed at half time to push on to their 2 wide mids early, whenever they had possession.

It certainly made a difference, but I was suprised it took until half time to sort it.
I agree, it was obvious after 5 minutes and tav/Borna were spending the first half chasing them across the park. If they go the same route in the return leg hopefully we nullify it quicker.

I think Kamberi is the obvious choice given how they played and I've been impressed with what I've seen from him so far.

It is highly likely we will spend most of the game pressed well into our own half and will be playing on the break. Defoe doesn't really fit into that.

Between Defoe at home against the mhanky mhob earlier in the season and watching Boyd in bigger ties this is an obvious one. We should’ve learned by now that strikers in these games need to contribute more in terms of their all-round game than their goal threat. It has to be Kamberi.

You mean like Defoe last season against Celtic? Or Hearts last season at Tynecastle?

How about vs Hibs at Easter road in December?

Or we just picking games where the whole team was shite and saying it was because Defoe started?

You mean like Defoe last season against Celtic? Or Hearts last season at Tynecastle?

How about vs Hibs at Easter road in December?

Or we just picking games where the whole team was shite and saying it was because Defoe started?
Our team dominated these games, we were creative, got close to Defoe and didn't rely on his hold-up play. I chose a game where the team was sh*te on purpose because there's a good chance we'll be dominated for most of the game in Portugal and we need a striker who can do more when isolated.

Defo proved at Hearts several times that if it’s pace and physicality you’re after, look elsewhere.

Wednesday requires these both in abundance and I think Kamberi will announce himself as a Ranger over there. Play up big man

Even if Defoe was fully fit I would have gone with Kamberi. He actually looks exactly what we've been missing in our team with the tactic we use. Has to be Kamberi. Looks sharp, looks dangerous and looked very direct.

Got to expect them to try to force the issue and dominate the ball. If that's the case then we would need an out ball on occasion and Kamberi would offer that much more than Defoe. No doubt Defoe is a better striker and goalscorer but in this sort of match for me

I'm under no illusions as to who the better player is here but considering form, compatibility with our system and the quality of Braga who would you like to see start on Wednesday should Defoe be fit?
Think he looks hungry and fit. No problem with him leading the line.

Our team dominated these games, we were creative, got close to Defoe and didn't rely on his hold-up play. I chose a game where the team was sh*te on purpose because there's a good chance we'll be dominated for most of the game in Portugal and we need a striker who can do more when isolated.

We certainly never got dominated in Porto mate.

I think we'll have more of the ball than many expect.

Back