Defoe or Morelos Sunday

two2tango

Official Ticketer
I think Gerrard will start defoe

Off the back of the hatrick and Alfie away on international duty

Lots of massive games coming up

Morelos. Always causes Hearts major issues.

We will probably miss Aribo & Arfield, so we will have a tough enough match without weakening further.

If this was a home time I would start with Defoe but it being away from home we probably need Morelos

Im more concerned about which centre half to go with.

Is ikpeazu fit??

Hes a lump of I prefer men but still strong and imo katic and goldson would be better suited.

Morelos will be in the squad for Columbia tonight but at least the game is only in Florida (IIRC), and the game a few days ago was in Spain. Still some travelling but nowhere near as bad as going to South America.

I think he will start on Sunday.

I would start Morelos however think Gerrard will start defoe 2 week lay off

Either way I can see Gerrard starting Stewart as well

Morelos will be in the squad for Columbia tonight but at least the game is only in Florida (IIRC), and the game a few days ago was in Spain. Still some travelling but nowhere near as bad as going to South America.

The Colombia game is being played in Lille, so travelling/jet lag shouldn't be an issue.

For what its worth I think it should definitely be Morelos starting against Hearts, their defence is very shaky and even if he's not scoring, Alfie takes up so much time and attention from defenders that others are likely to get space.

Morelos. Strongest team possible and hopefully we’ve learnt from Killie after the winter break in January.

We need to come out the blocks all guns blazing and prove that the first load of matches weren’t merely a purple patch.

He made this mistake against Celtic. It will not happen twice. He has been playing in europe with Colombia so not a big travel.

I take it you will also bench Barasic Arfield Aribo Kamarafor playing international games?

Morelos for me. Can't believe how excited I am, internationals are depressing plus I wanna see if this team has the stomach for it.

Rangers 0-3 come on!!

Morelos.

This is a massive game for us. They play first so we'll be the ones under pressure to get back on top of the league.

Would be amazed if Morelos doesn't start.

He never started last weekend's international and even if he plays in Algeria, he's got 5 full days before Tynecastle.

No fatigue issues there at all.

Tynecastle with a 10 man defence. Wouldn't surprise me if SG used Defoe's guile to break them down with so little space first and rest Alfie.
Whichever of the two we play they will score and we will win. Been a while since we could feel so confident and have such fine options

Morelos should but if he went with Defoe it would not worry me at all, he has been banging the goals in so i don't think its a huge risk like some people are making out

Doesn't matter they will both play a part and both score. Hearts are fish in a barrel just now. I fully trust both players. If I was manager I would start Defoe because they are good physically but he can out manoeuvre them all day long.

The Colombia game is being played in Lille, so travelling/jet lag shouldn't be an issue.

For what its worth I think it should definitely be Morelos starting against Hearts, their defence is very shaky and even if he's not scoring, Alfie takes up so much time and attention from defenders that others are likely to get space.

The Colombia v Algeria match tonight is definitely being played in Lille, France.

Reactions: TQ3
Morelos. Always causes Hearts major issues.

We will probably miss Aribo & Arfield, so we will have a tough enough match without weakening further.

Didn't realise Aribo's game with Nigeria isn't until Friday!

Re OP, Morelos for me assuming he comes through tonight unscathed; it's 'only' down in Lille so no nightmare travelling.

Its a good problem to have but agree with most.

Morelos to start and Defoe will get a run out depending on the score. If we're 2 up after an hour I think he'll change and give Alfie a rest ahead of the European game

I think Gerrard will start defoe

Off the back of the hatrick and Alfie away on international duty

Lots of massive games coming up
LolBN7d.gif

Very much nicer problems to have,how far we have come under the new staff team.

I'd be more worried about Aribo(much less recovery time) and any others coming back that have sustained wee niggles on thier travels rather than the travelling itself.

Love being in a position where we’ve got 2 guys banging the goals in every week. Great that we can line-up with the SPFL’s top scorer on the bench.

Alfie starts for me

Back