Defoe or Morelos Sunday

They’re both in form so I’ve no issue whoever starts.

I wish people would stop talking about Defoe as if starting him is hindering ourselves, it’s Jermaine Defoe ffs!

I read some idiot saying before the Accies game that he should only be starting against lesser teams in the cup, two days later he starts and scores a hat trick.

Defoe must start on the back of a hattrick and with Alfredo flying across the world. Alfie would be a perfect impact sub in the 2nd half if needed as well

An hour of Alfie to break their defence and then 30 minutes of JD picking his way through the wreckage

They are on a terrible run. If we score early their heads will go down.

Morelos will be in the squad for Columbia tonight but at least the game is only in Florida (IIRC), and the game a few days ago was in Spain. Still some travelling but nowhere near as bad as going to South America.

I think he will start on Sunday.
The game tonight is in France (Lille) is it not?

They’re both in form so I’ve no issue whoever starts.

I wish people would stop talking about Defoe as if starting him is hindering ourselves, it’s Jermaine Defoe ffs!

I read some idiot saying before the Accies game that he should only be starting against lesser teams in the cup, two days later he starts and scores a hat trick.

Agreed.

I'd personally start Alfie in this one but some of the comments regarding Defoe are verging on disrespectful.

On the basis of go with your strongest 11 it should be Morelos but Alfie has played an international and travelled so I doubt SG will play him for 90 min.

For me I’d play him from the start and hope he can win the game for us inside an hour and then bring on JD to complete the p1ss take.

2 for Alfie, 2 for Jermaine and maybe a couple from the rest. That’ll do us.

Agreed.

I'd personally start Alfie in this one but some of the comments regarding Defoe are verging on disrespectful.
It seems to stem from the Old Firm game, Defoe had no service so he was not to blame.

Starting either of our fantstic strikers should get the job done easily and there are far too many people saying we must start Morelos as though Defoe isn't up to a game like this.

Defoe is in red hot form and i would fancy him for 2 goals or maybe another hatrick on Sunday

Defoe has been excellent the OF game aside but Morelos is on another level. Morelos starts when fit in big games for me. Don’t mind Defoe starting games like Hamilton etc at home but Morelos would be starting away from home and the bigger home games if it was my choice.

Tbh mate that’s not been working very well. But one day it’ll click and some team’s gonna suffer big time.
We havent started any matches with the 2 of them upfront, only a few games towards the end of the match

Morelos.

Hearts will play their usual hammer throwing 'football' and their fans will be right up for when Rangers come to town. As poor as Hearts have been recently, I feel that we'll need a bit of creativity to unlock their defence and break the deadlock and Morelos is the best player for that.

It is absolutely essential we win this weekend. Timmy will almost certainly pump Ross County at home, and they'll be hoping we drop points at Tynecastle. We need to snuff out at any possibility of that happening.

We would most likely stay top even with a draw (unless Celtic put seven past Ross County) but that is beside the point. We are two points clear and must remain at least two clear by the end of the weekend for this round of fixtures to be deemed a success.

Personally, I think the target between now and the next OF game is to ensure we are four or more points clear at the top. That way, not even a defeat in the OF could dislodge us. That's a big boost for us. A win at the Piggery would put us at least seven clear with the OF after that at Ibrox.

I’d be starting Morelos but I think the gaffer might go with Defoe. Morelos to start in Porto next Thursday.

Defoe started last league game so defo has to be Morelos.

Big game on Sunday after the Internat......ZZZZzzzzzzzz......... break and being top of the league

Morelos is our best player and should start.
The Celtic game showed the folly of not starting Alfie.

Team selection apart, Stevie fecked up tactically in that game. JD was isolated and never got a sniff but that was not his fault. If you go with Defoe you need to give the service he thrives on. He comes alive in the box.

That Celtic game was one of the most disappointing ever. If we’d gone for their jugular we’d be eleven clear by now.

I’d normally say Alfie in any game against Hearts but given Alfie has been away with Columbia I’m going for JD.Not a bad back up.

9 times out of 10 I'd say Morelos every time with Defoe off the bench.

But with morelos being on international duty and flying across the shop, playing a very physical game against Chile and probably playing tonight, taking into account Porto next week, and the fact Jermain will be fresh and is on red hot form, oh and Clancy being the ref, I'd say Defoe 100% on Sunday.

Morelos will be in the squad for Columbia tonight but at least the game is only in Florida (IIRC), and the game a few days ago was in Spain. Still some travelling but nowhere near as bad as going to South America.

I think he will start on Sunday.
Is the game not in France tonight? Sure it was mentioned much less travelling for the European based players.

Love a selection problem thread.

Morelos is an animal, Defoe has been smashing the goals in just as much.

Morelos will rag-doll their defence though.

If Alfie plays like an animal then it will play intae clancys hands.

Alfie is a top striker who will do the biz without resorting tae losing the plot.

Halkett and Souutar aren't playing and while regardless i would go with Morelos i think Berra and Diakoma will struggle to cope with him

Didn't realise Aribo's game with Nigeria isn't until Friday!

Re OP, Morelos for me assuming he comes through tonight unscathed; it's 'only' down in Lille so no nightmare travelling.
Seriously? That's mad, clubs shouldn't be getting screwed over when they're the ones paying the wages for the players, they have 10 days to get these games in and it's day 13 of the international break that the game is being played

Morelos.

You start a difficult away game with your strongest 11

This game is vital. We absolutely must consolidate our place at the top

It’ll sicken the mentally challengeds if we win handily when they expect us to spill some points.

Massive game for us

Back