Defoe or Morelos Sunday

Seriously? That's mad, clubs shouldn't be getting screwed over when they're the ones paying the wages for the players, they have 10 days to get these games in and it's day 13 of the international break that the game is being played

Yip. African Nations, for some reason, tends to have dodgy scheduling.

Defoe he's the best striker at our club and the top goalscorer in our league with a goal every 39 minutes.
Morelos is good but Defoe is flying just now.

Difficult decision for the management team but for me, if Morelos is fit and fresh enough then he starts.
If for any reason he doesn’t get the starting slot I have every faith in Jermain Defoe putting Hearts to the sword. We have two excellent strikers at the club right now.

Last edited:
With the gaffer you just never know his decision.

Barring the OF debacle, his judgement has been pretty bang on when it comes to team selection this season and considering both strikers are in red hot form I wouldn’t be too fussed either or. Personally, I’d go with Defoe with Alfie playing for Columbia and keep him good for Porto.

Massive game built for the physicality of Alfredo.

What a problem to have though. Can see both scoring anyways. I just prefer the idea of Alfredo hammering them for 60 minutes and then Defoe coming on to rattle home another couple

Morelos.

It’s not a hard one.

He’s the best player in Scotland and if we don’t play him we’re a weakened team.

100 times out of 100 Morelos plays or else Gerrard has got it wrong.

Morelos.

It’s not a hard one.

He’s the best player in Scotland and if we don’t play him we’re a weakened team.

Defoe bagged a hatrick against Hibs and Hamilton so cant say the manager got it wrong on those occasions.

Morelos.

It’s not a hard one.

Defoe has started 4/8 league games and is the top scorer in the league.

Defoe has started 4/8 league games and is the top scorer in the league.

6 of them in only 2 games though and quite a few late consolations when games have already been won too. Also worth noting Hibs are one of the worst sides in the league this season.

Not denying he’s absolutely brilliant, but a bit of perspective is needed here, there’s a reason AM is the number 1.

6 of them in only 2 games though and quite a few late consolations when games have already been won too. Also worth noting Hibs are one of the worst sides in the league this season.

Not denying he’s absolutely brilliant, but a bit of perspective is needed here, there’s a reason AM is the number 1.

I love the way you made 6 in 2 games sound like a criticism.

I really have no interest in comparing Morelos and Defoe, they’re both cracking players with differing assets. I’ve no issue with either one starting as they’re both on fire.

I’d probably go with Morelos on Sunday and then Defoe against Motherwell but some people can’t talk about it without being disrespectful (not you).

Yeah well I mean you rattled out the top scorer bit like it meant he should be the preferred choice.

Given the subject at hand, context is quite important. No ones ever going to criticise a striker for bagging hattricks, so the notion it was even a criticism is brain dead pal. But at the same time I think our other striker has provided a more even contribution this season with bigger goals at bigger moments. I reckon that’s probably why he’s first pick too.

Apparently you can’t say that without 1 or 2 getting precious though so maybe I should shut up.

Yeah well I mean you rattled out the top scorer bit like it meant he should be the preferred choice.

Given the subject at hand, context is quite important. No ones ever going to criticise a striker for bagging hattricks, so the notion it was even a criticism is brain dead pal. But at the same time I think our other striker has provided a more even contribution this season with bigger goals at bigger moments. I reckon that’s probably why he’s first pick too.

Apparently you can’t say that without 1 or 2 getting precious though so maybe I should shut up.

When you start talking to yourself then it probably is time to shut up.

Again, I’ve no interest in comparing. I’m not really sure what you’re arguing about so I’ll leave it at that.

When you start talking to yourself then it probably is time to shut up.

Again, I’ve no interest in comparing. I’m not really sure what you’re arguing about so I’ll leave it at that.

Your previous posts contradict that, and in conjunction with my own posts they clearly explain what I’m ‘arguing’ about.

I would rest them both and give big Kevin Kyle a chance. He has been waiting quietly and patiently for his chance.

Levein will have Hearts defending deep against us, so it'll be very similar to how teams set up at Ibrox against us.

If fit, Morelos will start.

A Tuesday match followed by a Sunday game causes no fatigue issues, so there's no reason not to start him.

Expect Stewart and Arfield (jet lag permitting) to start also, for their ability to open up deep lying defences. as we've seen recently against Aberdeen and Hamilton.

He has to start with Morelos. Look at what happened last time against the dhims.

This is a big game and we need to prove we are there to stay at the top of the table right from the off.

He has to start with Morelos. Look at what happened last time against the dhims.

This is a big game and we need to prove we are there to stay at the top of the table right from the off.

Tbf mate, nobody played well v the mentally challengeds, so I wouldn't pin that result solely on the Defoe selection.

Morelos should definitely start Sunday though.

With Morelos being away on international duty I imagine he will select Defoe.

We are fortunate to have 2 top class strikers

Depends how Morelos comes back from international duty.

If he is jaded then we play Defoe. If he's fit and raring to go then we play Morelos.
Morelos did a lot of running in the 2 internationals with very little service but he did come off in the 65 ish minutes in the 2nd game

Morelos did a lot of running in the 2 internationals with very little service but he did come off in the 65 ish minutes in the 2nd game

He started from the bench 1st game mate, so he should be fine to start 5 days later in Edinburgh.

Imagine being Berra & Halkett, being rag dolled by Alfredo for 60mins then looking over to see Defoe getting ready to run rings around you :))

Morelos will be desperate to get a kick at the ball cos he got nothing of any substance playing for Colombia, I think he will start and Defoe will come on later.

Imagine being Berra & Halkett, being rag dolled by Alfredo for 60mins then looking over to see Defoe getting ready to run rings around you :))

Halkett will be saved the embarrassment, as he's still injured.
He got absolutely destroyed by Fredo at Livingston last season.

Has to be Morelos for me, Hearts play a physical game and he is better at that sort of thing than Defoe.
Cracking option to have off the bench late on if we are struggling though.

Morelos for the first 60/70 mins to wear them out and maybe nick one, then Defoe to come on after Morelos has worn them out and finish them off

Back