Defoe's shot at the end, any footage?

I don’t need footage I must have replayed it over and over in my mind about 100 times since fulltime .

He did everything perfectly got great contact with the shot and incredibly it goes straight to the goalkeepers arms . Heart breaking end to the game

We can’t wallow, I’m down but we neee to pick ourselves up for Ross county . Anything less than a win there and I’ll hit the panic button

I don’t need footage I must have replayed it over and over in my mind about 100 times since fulltime .

He did everything perfectly got great contact with the shot and incredibly it goes straight to the goalkeepers arms . Heart breaking end to the game

We can’t wallow, I’m down but we neee to pick ourselves up for Ross county . Anything less than a win there and I’ll hit the panic button
Unlucky not to get an angle on the shot then?

No disrespect my fellow poster but you seem to panic very easily.

Think I said to you before you need to find something to help you relax.

We haven’t lost a league game all season an you are “down”,what were you like 2/3 seasons ago ?

Superb first touch, keeper made a good save considering the bodies in front of him.
Degie should've been on 10-15 mins earlier.

Panic button?
Ffs just stop watching footbal now

No idea how you get through life in all honesty. You must be at it.

The panic button WTF are you talking about

Caught anything Mr Angler?

We can't wallow you're right but for the life of me I can't understand why Defoe doesn't get more game time given his prowess in that penalty area.

Still the best finisher at the club despite his years imo. He's a master of finishing.

Without going ott I honestly believe our points total could be even greater if he's given at least 45 minutes. Especially in Roofe's absence.

What is going on today! Must be a Prozac shortage I don’t know about

Caught anything Mr Angler?
Genuine question . You won’t feel worried if we don’t collect three points against Ross county ?

Nobody is angling . I think we will win the game but , I said if we don’t Id feel panic creep in , yes . It’s a game we should be winning . What emotion will you feel if we fail to beat them ?

We can't wallow you're right but for the life of me I can't understand why Defoe doesn't get more game time given his prowess in that penalty area.

Still the best finisher at the club despite his years imo. He's a master of finishing.

Without going ott I honestly believe our points total could be even greater if he's given at least 45 minutes. Especially in Roofe's absence.

As soon as he took that shot I messaged my brother and dad and said he should’ve been in sooner, in fact I’m on a chat with some mates and one is ‘well fan. Even he said he was looking through his hands anytime Defoe is in the area and was glad he wasn’t on sooner.

It’s actually frustrating.

Just unlucky, if he hits it a few inches to the right its in. Only thing is I'd have brought Defoe on earlier.

As commentators are wont to say “he hit it too well”. It f he’d sklaffed it it would probably have bobbled in

Genuine question . You won’t feel worried if we don’t collect three points against Ross county ?

Nobody is angling . I think we will win the game but , I said if we don’t Id feel panic creep in , yes . It’s a game we should be winning . What emotion will you feel if we fail to beat them ?

Disappointed yes.

Panic, no.

We are unbeaten in the league and don't forget Europe too.

This team has so far accumulated an incredible points total and have scored for fun, while barely conceding.

However, they are not robots and there will be some games where everyone doesn't hit top form.

Did you watch the shite served up by Liverpool and Man Utd today?
On a bowling green of a pitch too.
Neither team could string 3 passes together.

I'm certainly not pressing the panic button because of a draw after 15 consecutive wins, not to mention continued progression in Europe.

Good grief. Think you need to go into hibernation until it's over mate.

It would’ve been what a goal it was some effort.

I can’t help but admire Defoe and you know for a fact he would’ve been there to head home that cross Tav cut back along the goal, it was poor nobody even gambled.

Summed up our day to be honest.

Disappointed yes.

Panic, no.

We are unbeaten in the league and don't forget Europe too.

This team has so far accumulated an incredible points total and have scored for fun, while barely conceding.

However, they are not robots and there will be some games where everyone doesn't hit top form.

Did you watch the shite served up by Liverpool and Man Utd today?
On a bowling green of a pitch too.

I'm certainly not pressing the panic button because of a draw after 15 consecutive wins, not to mention continued progression in Europe.
I know all this mate and there’s no panic as yet but maybe I’m being too honest by saying after such a great run of wins (15) we drew today which I accept happens however my point was if we then follow that up on Saturday by dropping more points , then yes I admit I will panic . I can’t be alone in that . We should be beating Ross county at home .

Magic

I know all this mate and there’s no panic as yet but maybe I’m being too honest by saying after such a great run of wins (15) we drew today which I accept happens however my point was if we then follow that up on Saturday by dropping more points , then yes I admit I will panic . I can’t be alone in that . We should be beating Ross county at home .
I agree to an extent.

Yes, we are 21 points ahead. They have games in hand. It could be 12 points. Will it be? Who knows but we have to act like it is.

Today was a chance to turn the screw. They had dropped a further 2 points with a depleted squad. A chance to show we are a different animal. No let up, show how ruthless we are. What we got was a limp performance first half, starting the game like a testimonial match. Why did it take a half time roasting to get going?

I get the argument that we won't play well in every match. They are human beings after all. But from the get go, today's performance was strange given the circumstances

The touch out the sky and spin to get space for the shot was unbelievably good. He almost seemed to strike it too well though, a bit of a sclaff on that and it flies in at the middle/right of the goal.

Sums up our day that things just weren't going our way, through a combination of bad luck and individually poor performances.

Still dominated the game though and on another day we win that 4-1. 1 point closer to 55 will do.

Onwards to Ross County.

As soon as he took that shot I messaged my brother and dad and said he should’ve been in sooner, in fact I’m on a chat with some mates and one is ‘well fan. Even he said he was looking through his hands anytime Defoe is in the area and was glad he wasn’t on sooner.

Kills me to say this because I detest him but the only other player in this league with the same killer attributes must be that baldy wee oddity from across the city.

He's similar in that he usually doesn't need asking twice and the ball's in the net. It's a fantastic advantage to have that in your squad and I just feel it's something we don't utilise enough. I fully appreciate our other striking options offer more for the balance of the team and cour play but we are at a stage now where we just want this done as soon as possible and for me Defoe more or less guarantees you goals.

Keeper was very lucky, personally felt he was way out of position and only luck on his side, that it came straight at him. Defoe’s touch and shot was excellent.

tumblr_pw01dwwqZB1qe8lb8o1_250.gif

What's frustrating? We were just on a 15 game winning run.

Defoe barely touched the ball in his hour he got against Motherwell at home a month ago. He did well today but I felt we lost a bit of momentum when he came in which isn't his fault.

It's an easy game in hindsight to say he shoulda been on sooner.

We'll get you your very own sofa to hide behind . :))

Relax, I've seen it now!
A typical Defoe effort, a bit unlucky.
It was funny on Sportscene seeing their diagram on Itten's goal, 2 silhouettes and the fattest white line I've seen, 'he looks offside'.o_O

Good grief. Think you need to go into hibernation until it's over mate.
You may be right mate because I find it stressful as hell . Can you imagine if the worst happened and those bastards pipped us to this title ? We would literally never hear the end of it the rest of our lives . It doesn’t bear thinking about .

This is why people are anxious , panicky etc not because they are angling or trying to be un staunch . I’m nervous , I admit it , because of the magnitude of it . The pressure is huge and each game gets ramped up . If defoes shot had went either side of that keeper today we would all sleep better tonight is what I’m saying . We can still do this but people need to get back their focus and stop saying it’s won etc .

You may be right mate because I find it stressful as hell . Can you imagine if the worst happened and those bastards pipped us to this title ? We would literally never hear the end of it the rest of our lives . It doesn’t bear thinking about .

This is why people are anxious , panicky etc not because they are angling or trying to be un staunch . I’m nervous , I admit it , because of the magnitude of it . The pressure is huge and each game gets ramped up . If defoes shot had went either side of that keeper today we would all sleep better tonight is what I’m saying . We can still do this but people need to get back their focus and stop saying it’s won etc .
We lost no ground on Celtic this round of games despite not winning, glass half full!B-D

Heartbreaking?ffs I have read it all now.We gained a point and we are now a bit nearer 55.

They beat Aberdeen 4.1 mate.

Just give us 3 points & no injuries or suspensions & I’ll be happy.
Great result. But it's Aberdeen were talking about. I won't have full confidence but I've seen enough this season that I believe we will look to right and do it emphatically the lost points today.

Great result. But it's Aberdeen were talking about. I won't have full confidence but I've seen enough this season that I believe we will look to right and do it emphatically the lost points today.

We only beat them 2.1 Godrup, and they are normally very good against the diddy teams mate.

We’re going to miss at least Roofe & Arfield, so I’ll be happy just to get the win.

Of course, Livi might ease our nerves on Wednesday. In fact I think they will.

Don’t worry we are ticking the games off one by one.

It might help you to know that we only have 6 more away games to go including the game at the piggery.

They, on the other hand, have 9 away games to play.

Gerrard will give them a kick up the arse and we will be back to winning ways next week.

Oh and we are 21 pts in front of the c*nts.

Take it easy there is only one winner of this title and it’s not the mentally challengeds.

Back