Dembele & Shaqiri out on Thursday

No, since when were footballers being refused travel because they aren’t vaccinated? Given it’s clear some of our squad aren’t will this cause issues for us??
Yeah so it is sarcasm. Since elite footballers are supposed to be exempt from travel restrictions etc. Unless that exemptions been reviewed and changed otherwise it would appear a strange outcome.

The only team news I want to know about is Goldson. We haven't hit form yet but Thursday would be a great place to accomplish it.

Yeah so it is sarcasm. Since elite footballers are supposed to be exempt from travel restrictions etc. Unless that exemptions been reviewed and changed otherwise it would appear a strange outcome.

The exemption for elite sports was for travel during the first lockdowns. There is no similar blanket exemption now

Shaqiri’s not been particularly good for a long time.

I’d much rather he was playing then Guimares or Paqueta.
Still a threat though, when he cuts in from the right and has a sight at goal my heart will be in my mouth. Messi, Salah or a Robben cutting in he isn't but still an top performing international

Still a threat though, when he cuts in from the right and has a sight at goal my heart will be in my mouth. Messi, Salah or a Robben cutting in he isn't but still an top performing international
Again, at club level, that Shaqiri hasn’t shown up for years.

I think he carries a bit too much weight.

Hope Dembelle is out ,can’t be arsed with the wankfest in media , and on here , thread at the weekend about his goal was bad enough :D .

Shaqiri may not be as good as he once was - I have no idea - but let’s be honest, ANY of their regular starters missing the match is a bonus for us. I hope they are dropping like flies, whatever their names.

Back