Dembeles fall from grace

Dembele will be transferred for a record fee, it will happen.

As for a mini crisis, I hope you are right but they are 67 games unbeaten domestically, they are absolutely strolling it. A crisis is a long way off.

As for Hibs beating them this weekend? No chance.

They came within a bawhair of beating them last time.

The 67 games is obviously a good run but they look far from invincible this season. If the ref hadn't cheated the other week that run would've came to an abrupt end.

So he has lost 50% of his value in only a few months.

If we had a saleable asset and the board decided to keep him, only for him to half in value, they would be slaughtered for mismanagement. Surely they need to look at it like they have potentially lost out on £20m? Or alternatively, there was never interest around a £40m deal. This is where they need to questioned because it's blatant nonsense.

The valuations of this guy are a complete embarrassment for the Scottish Sports Journalists running them.

Lets have a comparative look shall we?

Dembele scored 32 goals in all competitions for them last season. I would consider that a good return in anyone's book.

Cast your minds back to 2015/16 season.

Then, 21 year old (same age as Dembele just now) Vincent Jannsen was tearing up the Dutch League for AZ. 27 league goals that season. 1 in the cup, and 3 in the Europa League. Add in another 3 goals for Dutch National team and his total comes to 34 for that season.

Bear in mind the Dutch League is ranked 14 places higher than ours by UEFA rankings, meaning he's being tested against better quality opposition.

Spurs took a gamble on him and paid £17m.

This is how his season at Spurs went:

https://www.premierleague.com/players/15481/Vincent-Janssen/stats?co=1&se=54

Only 1 goal from open play.

He's now been shipped out on loan to Fenerbahce in the hope they will recoup some of the money they spent on him.

From what I've seen of Dembele he offers not a lot more than Jannsen and I can't see any team in England with a scouting system of any quality being stung for anything near that for a player operating in an inferior league like ours.

The over inflated valuations of their players is in a bit of freefall just now. After the PSG horsing and even the cup final against Motherwell, the values of their superstars went backwards.

I actually think Hibs will win on Sunday................

Would be fcking glorious if we win on Saturday and they lose on Sunday!

I know it's still early days yet but I think McCrorie looks a far better prospect than Tierney.
Although I tend to avoid even discussing the bheasts from the east, I definitely agree with you.
The mhedia trying they’re best to generate ridiculous bids for average players. This line of discussion is what they want, it adds fuel to the fire, let’s drop it and let the likes of Ross do his talking on the pitch.

The over inflated valuations of their players is in a bit of freefall just now. After the PSG horsing and even the cup final against Motherwell, the values of their superstars went backwards.

I actually think Hibs will win on Sunday................
No chance. that ginger mentally challenged scum will lie down to them cos we’re edging ever closer.

Ffs , Rangers are in the thores of getting a new manager in and we have a thread about sellic players hogging the page. Who cares where he goes? Admin this thread is pish

They came within a bawhair of beating them last time.

The 67 games is obviously a good run but they look far from invincible this season. If the ref hadn't cheated the other week that run would've came to an abrupt end.
Hibs 2-1 up, finishes draw, Motherwell 1-0 up finishes 1-1. You think that’s a coincidence? Maybe I’m paranoid...

The really sad thing about all of this is despite his lack of ability in today’s inflated market. He’ll probably end up at some championship side for a Scottish record. They don’t think twice about spending £15m or more they’re in for a fright if they believe the superstar headlines about him up here

Last edited:
An English club could have outbid tic and taken him from Fulham. None did as he is not rated. He is also injury prone. I reckon that scum are stuck paying his wage until his contract expires.

An English club could have outbid tic and taken him from Fulham. None did as he is not rated. He is also injury prone. I reckon that scum are stuck paying his wage until his contract expires.
Wasn't it a case of English clubs would have been required to pay extortionate compensation, due to him staying in England. Same reason we got Rossiter on the cheap.

The number of injuries he gets should scare anyone from spending on him. (Dembele not Rossiter)

Wasn't it a case of English clubs would have been required to pay extortionate compensation, due to him staying in England. Same reason we got Rossiter on the cheap.

The number of injuries he gets should scare anyone from spending on him. (Dembele not Rossiter)

That extortionate compensation was rumoured to be £6-8m for Dembele, which in Premiership terms is peanuts. He wasn't fancied.

Back