Demolition of Edmiston House Underway - Full Planning Permission Granted

Went for a hire one night climbed the stairs and the doors fly open.
doormen dragging two blocks out "gees a hand big yin" so helped him get the guys out and got to the bottom of the stairs and it turned out it was my hire. it was mental back then

FFS, just had a look at one of the objections, there's nothing like assuming people take Cocaine !

I stay across from Edmiston house (less than 50m away). I have stayed there for approx 20 years & during that time, the disturbance due to fans on match days has continually got worse. When I first moved to my current address, police officers stood just outside Edmiston House. However, there is very little police presence there now, which has resulted in numbers of fans gathering (particularly before a game) there, drinking alcohol, taking which i assume is cocaine & smoking cannabis before the game

FFS, just had a look at one of the objections, there's nothing like assuming people take Cocaine !

I stay across from Edmiston house (less than 50m away). I have stayed there for approx 20 years & during that time, the disturbance due to fans on match days has continually got worse. When I first moved to my current address, police officers stood just outside Edmiston House. However, there is very little police presence there now, which has resulted in numbers of fans gathering (particularly before a game) there, drinking alcohol, taking which i assume is cocaine & smoking cannabis before the game

Blind twitching arsehole. :))

However, there is very little police presence there now, which has resulted in numbers of fans gathering (particularly before a game) there, drinking alcohol, taking which i assume is cocaine & smoking cannabis before the game. Fans also urinate & leave feces in the street & in our closes, drink alcohol & take drugs. They also urinate against our cars & close doors. I have been verbally abused & threatened when I address these matters with them & have had the glass kicked in on my close door. I have reported my concerns to the police officers patrolling the stadium on numerous occasions. After every game I need to pick up & brush the rubbish left behind after football games. A section of very drunk fans regularly throw glass bottles, which has resulted in my dog needing medical treatment & my car getting punctured. When I bought my flat, I knew to expect some disturbance, which I was fine with, but as I said over the years the lack of police presence in our street & clean up from Rangers Football Club has made matters much worse. I feel very distressed during match days & at times unsafe in my own area and home. You can also hear music, people having cigarettes, chatting, shouting, fighting while waiting on taxis after events at Ibrox football stadium, which I accept as I knew that would be the case when I moved here all those years ago, but I think it's totally unacceptable to open up a new venue and subject residents to more noise and disruption. A number of these flats are rented out, so the landlords don't care, as long as they get their money - they are not having to put up with it, nor are the owners of RFC or Edmiston House

Right own up, whos shiting in peoples gardens?

However, there is very little police presence there now, which has resulted in numbers of fans gathering (particularly before a game) there, drinking alcohol, taking which i assume is cocaine & smoking cannabis before the game. Fans also urinate & leave feces in the street & in our closes, drink alcohol & take drugs. They also urinate against our cars & close doors. I have been verbally abused & threatened when I address these matters with them & have had the glass kicked in on my close door. I have reported my concerns to the police officers patrolling the stadium on numerous occasions. After every game I need to pick up & brush the rubbish left behind after football games. A section of very drunk fans regularly throw glass bottles, which has resulted in my dog needing medical treatment & my car getting punctured. When I bought my flat, I knew to expect some disturbance, which I was fine with, but as I said over the years the lack of police presence in our street & clean up from Rangers Football Club has made matters much worse. I feel very distressed during match days & at times unsafe in my own area and home. You can also hear music, people having cigarettes, chatting, shouting, fighting while waiting on taxis after events at Ibrox football stadium, which I accept as I knew that would be the case when I moved here all those years ago, but I think it's totally unacceptable to open up a new venue and subject residents to more noise and disruption. A number of these flats are rented out, so the landlords don't care, as long as they get their money - they are not having to put up with it, nor are the owners of RFC or Edmiston House

Is it just me that thinks a fan zone will move fans off the street and into the new complex and help reduce the very thing this person is complaining about?

How is that a reasonable objection? If anything having a new building that isn't sitting derelict would mean more police presence there and less people taking coke

How is that a reasonable objection? If anything having a new building that isn't sitting derelict would mean more police presence there and less people taking coke
He is not a Rangers fan, A new building there will be good for the whole area Rangers have people that clean the area after every game and have portaloos leading up to the ground.
Most of the problems in that area are the homeless
Units that are situated in Copland Road

Hand written by Phil Macghollabon

The state of the guy asking for a green space on the roof so it's pleasant for him to look at and a different colour cladding so it doesn't prevent reflection for neighbours and brings sun into their homes.

The only reasonable objection I've seen is noise and even then the building will be pretty noise insulated I assume and all the loading etc. is done at reasonable times

and whos having noisy cigarettes?

If I recall, back in the day when Edmiston House was the Big social club, Rangers paid for double glazing for flats in Copland Road that backed on to the club to eliminate excessive noise.

Read some of the comments for a laugh, it amazes me how people can choose to live right next to Ibrox and then complain about football fans, it's like moving above a pub and complaining about the noise

great post
im sure when we look for places to live we check out for school s \ transport like train station \ buus station s \ shops \ etc
so ur comments are spot on

Read some of the comments for a laugh, it amazes me how people can choose to live right next to Ibrox and then complain about football fans, it's like moving above a pub and complaining about the noise

I live right next to Anfield. Football crowds once every two weeks or so isnt a problem. Its actually quite enjoyable.

Some big nights in that place . Cup finals especially and the whole team up singing with Ally giving it the Springstein gig . I watched the 93 final in there and got so pissed i missed the team coming back
Benn Gunn , anyone mind him , full rangers tarten suit and funny as f...
Andy fordam in one final night too and a fantasic guy
I ve loads of snaps some place with the players and the EK supporters club had end of season do's in it . Billy and Rose .Great people .Sadly heard Billy had passed on a good while back .
Also had a conversation one night with Charlie Millar . Lest said the better on that one.
Loads of great memories but good to see it getting developed now as it s been an eyesore for too long

Reads like it was written by a 5 year old

remember going when part of it was turned into Baileys Leisure Centre, went once and it was great.

Went often for the dance after the big walk but also after matches when they had the snooker tables there, loved it.

If anyone has pics of the inside of edmiston house, post them here, I’m too young to remember what it looked like inside.

Back