Demolition of Edmiston House Underway - Full Planning Permission Granted

Sad to see it go but look forward to see the new building.

I wonder if they will keep some bricks and other stuff for the museum and have it’s memory live on through it.

Friday this week is the last day for public comments on the planning application. Just the one objection from a local resident thus far. A target of early next month is when we can expect a planning decision.
Wonder what their agenda is

Friday this week is the last day for public comments on the planning application. Just the one objection from a local resident thus far. A target of early next month is when we can expect a planning decision.
Thank you.
Thought it was packed with asbestos and needed that removed prior to just blooterin' it to the ground?
Easy done, and would have already happened.

Was in there a few times great place . When it first opened it had a fabulous restaurant. It was way ahead of it's times. Hopefully the replacement will do as well for us.

Glad this is coming down as it's an eyesore, but sad too as I spent many a good Saturday night in the 70's in there

Had a great night in there in the eighties laughing my ass off at Bernard Manning.

Sadly Edmiston House has gone the same way as freedom of speech.
Yeah I was there too, had many great nights there with cascade the resident band . I recall Mccoist singing dancing in the dark once and my best memory is whole team arriving the night we won the league v the sheep in 1991.

Had a great night in there in the eighties laughing my ass off at Bernard Manning.

Sadly Edmiston House has gone the same way as freedom of speech.
wow.....there's a phrase you don't hear very often. Even in the lesser PC days, he was awful. "Take my mother-in-law.........please".

I spent many afternoons watching beam backs on there as well as some cracking Christmas parties . But I do not feel a shred of sadness at it coming down , it’s long before time and has been an eyesore for years .

Had some brilliant nights in the club with the night after 8 in a row being one of the very best nights ive ever had,tinge of sadness but cant wait to see its replacement

Had a great night in there watching us knock out Leeds and qualify for the first CL, as well as seeing the Drifters, Bernard Manning etc.
Mate I watched the Leeds game in there and saw the Drifters there too. Leeds game was bouncing. Think I watched Marseille game there too.

Back