Demolition of Edmiston House Underway - Full Planning Permission Granted

Read some of the comments for a laugh, it amazes me how people can choose to live right next to Ibrox and then complain about football fans, it's like moving above a pub and complaining about the noise

When I lived in London I used to pass the old Plough Lane ground of Wimbledon.

AFC Wimbledon wanted to use the site to develop a new ground and local residents objected because of crowds, noise etc once or twice a week.

In the place of a football ground developers put up a batch of four storey flats and not long afterwards ‘For sale’ signs started to go up in the houses of said local residents.

The ground in retrospect would have been the far better option.

If you go into the planning portal of any council in the UK you will find the same two or three complaints for every application, light/noise/smell.
When i submitted plans for my extension my next door neighbour wrote an essay to the council stating why the build should not go ahead making a huge issue about sunlight/shading etc, when i went down and sat with the planner she pulled out google earth photos showing that no matter what time of day it was no light would be lost to their garden, they were just pure vindictive.
Shortly after that they submitted plans and i had the option to raise complaints but being a fair minded person realising the build would not affect me in any way shape or form i never.

• Haha
Reactions: LD5
If you go into the planning portal of any council in the UK you will find the same two or three complaints for every application, light/noise/smell.
When i submitted plans for my extension my next door neighbour wrote an essay to the council stating why the build should not go ahead making a huge issue about sunlight/shading etc, when i went down and sat with the planner she pulled out google earth photos showing that no matter what time of day it was no light would be lost to their garden, they were just pure vindictive.
Shortly after that they submitted plans and i had the option to raise complaints but being a fair minded person realising the build would not affect me in any way shape or form i never.
Wouldn't be suprised if 9 out of 10 complaints are pure jealousy.
We were threatened with lawyers by a neighbour because we built a new fence around our garden and planted trees and shrubs inside it that we keep to 6 feet.
They were of the opinion that only they were allowed a nice garden.
Knowing what they were like I'd already checked the law and it was later backed up by the council after they'd checked the boundary line.

FFS, just had a look at one of the objections, there's nothing like assuming people take Cocaine !

I stay across from Edmiston house (less than 50m away). I have stayed there for approx 20 years & during that time, the disturbance due to fans on match days has continually got worse. When I first moved to my current address, police officers stood just outside Edmiston House. However, there is very little police presence there now, which has resulted in numbers of fans gathering (particularly before a game) there, drinking alcohol, taking which i assume is cocaine & smoking cannabis before the game
Interesting times in that close!!!

The response from a neighbour on the same landing-

“I am a resident on Cairnlea Drive and I think the idea proposed is fantastic.”

"I accept Glasgow Rangers have the right to develop their estate. However, it is disheartening that they opted not to consult the local community and residents prior to making this formal application.Through early engagement with the community, proposals could have been developed that servethe best interests of all affected parties."

This comment sums up the state of our communities nowadays - I'm part of the Ibrox and Cessnock Community Council and I was involved in a focus group for the club's anniversary plans late last year. There has been plenty of engagement, but that engagement is skewed towards those who are also engaged with the community.

It genuinely winds me up some of these comments, few of these folk are actually participating in making the area around the stadium nicer. I've lived around here for two and a half years and I'm yet to see any resident take a broom and a binbag and do something positive for the area.

Proof of Ibrox residency:
With respect to the new plans, I'm not sure what it'll do to my own view, from a selfish point of view I hope it'll be lower but honestly it's the club's property, and if the council see fit to letting them build something taller then I can accept that because overall I really think having more things that people round here can actually use can only be a good thing.

Delighted the tacky Icons of Ibrox banner is now no more. Was good when it first went up but it was an eyesore recently.

"I accept Glasgow Rangers have the right to develop their estate. However, it is disheartening that they opted not to consult the local community and residents prior to making this formal application.Through early engagement with the community, proposals could have been developed that servethe best interests of all affected parties."

This comment sums up the state of our communities nowadays - I'm part of the Ibrox and Cessnock Community Council and I was involved in a focus group for the club's anniversary plans late last year. There has been plenty of engagement, but that engagement is skewed towards those who are also engaged with the community.

It genuinely winds me up some of these comments, few of these folk are actually participating in making the area around the stadium nicer. I've lived around here for two and a half years and I'm yet to see any resident take a broom and a binbag and do something positive for the area.

With respect to the new plans, I'm not sure what it'll do to my own view, from a selfish point of view I hope it'll be lower but honestly it's the club's property, and if the council see fit to letting them build something taller then I can accept that because overall I really think having more things that people round here can actually use can only be a good thing.
Much you wanting for your house mate?!

What a view, must be glorious having a cup of tea looking at that in the morning.

You say you're part of the Ibrox and Cessnock community council, would you be willing to tell us all and expand on what Stephen Doran was pulled up for by other members of same community council regarding language he used when speaking about Rangers and i believe one of the local community cops also had something to say about it, this was at an official meeting and the minutes for it were never released.

You say you're part of the Ibrox and Cessnock community council, would you be willing to tell us all and expand on what Stephen Doran was pulled up for by other members of same community council regarding language he used when speaking about Rangers and i believe one of the local community cops also had something to say about it, this was at an official meeting and the minutes for it were never released.
That was before my time. I can say it was stuff like the fan zone fiasco that contributed to my wanting to join (as well as wanting to do some good in the area).

He is not a Rangers fan, A new building there will be good for the whole area Rangers have people that clean the area after every game and have portaloos leading up to the ground.
Most of the problems in that area are the homeless
Units that are situated in Copland Road

The guy is talking rubbish, I live about 50yards from EH and there is of course a litter problem and plenty guys drink in the street. The council didn’t help by removing the bins at Rhynie dr. occasionally some arsehole urinates at the close door but that rare and the problem is nowhere as bad as 20/25 years ago. As for fighting, I’ve never seen a fight amongst fans here although we’ve seen a few battles with the young teams of an evening.
All in all the behaviour of the fans visiting the area is very good.

There are a few guys who tidy up, in fact I see Calum from your own close out with a brush on and off

How long have you been on it ?
I went to the first meeting about a year ago and just recently became a member. It's mostly long monologues around parking, rubbish and planning permission in that order.

There's definitely some bitterness when it comes to that period, a lot of them tend to choose their words a bit more carefully.

I went to the first meeting about a year ago and just recently became a member. It's mostly long monologues around parking, rubbish and planning permission in that order.

There's definitely some bitterness when it comes to that period, a lot of them tend to choose their words a bit more carefully.
Brought up most of my life in Kinning park and Ibrox, parking has always been a problem and never understood why people buy houses beside a football stadium then complain about something that's been problematic for decades. They should be more concerned by the general upkeep of the area especially around the Cessnock area right now,pretty disgraceful the state of it by those who live there.

The comments from Dornan about the pitch being taken away from the kids was utter nonsense, so much he asked another team if they wanted to use it for training to cover his arse and they knocked him back, Rangers charity foundation and the Rangers soccer schools are the ones who put most money into it as it stands,apart from that it's used very little.

If they were so concerned by the Ibrox complex they should have pressed the council into spending money on it to bring it up to the same standard as all the other sports complex's they spent millions on and ignored Ibrox complex, the reason it doesn't get used is because it is in such a poor state and been neglected for years,makes you wonder why when looking at all the other sports complex's some even having two brand new pitches within 5 years.

No doubt if Rangers take over it and spend a substantial amount in modernising it the community council will start to take interest and start complaining because people can't get to use it, something they should have done a long time ago.

I've no doubt there are those members who are decent trying to improve things, but not stupid enough to ignore that there will be others with a long standing bias of my club and supporters,especially one in particular.

Very, very slow progress to be honest . Must be reasons but I expected it to be fully gone by now . Perhaps asbestos

Must be amazing just walking across the street to go to the game haha

Would have been an idea to have set up a a time delay camera on the back of the Copland to record the whole project. I remember seeing one for the Tottenham Stadium.
Maybe the media team has got something set up?

Back