Demolition of Edmiston House Underway - Full Planning Permission Granted

Whoever gets the contact to build it is going to love this thread, not. Pages of folk counting how many courses of brick have been laid each day.

"FFS, they've only laid 10 square metres today, that's only 1200 brick. LAZY BASTARDS!!!!!"

I hope there is NO PANELS in the feckin building either

Had to do a double-take at the objection letter from the resident Sharon Benzie who said that fans regularly shit in the street and in her close. I also note that the new build will have several toilets, so objection overruled.

Last edited:
Assuming permission is granted, do we know when construction will start and when the building will be finished?

Reading through the documents, some of the issues raised just reek of "them". One objection raised is that we're paying for it by selling Albion Car Park. A pleasure to see almost all of them batted away with a sentence.

Was crazy going by yesterday and seeing the whole thing down, cannot wait for that part of the ground to develop. Will be a huge change.

Miss Benzie is a bit of a storyteller, she sees fans taking cocaine and they then urinate and Defecate in the street and in her Close!
She should contact Poundland Argyle St., and ask for a loan of the sign from their back door.

XMdRAZb.jpg

Read through the planning recommendation - all standard conditions.

Still some hurdles though - Site Investigation, possible adverse ground conditions, building warrant process, tendering etc etc. Will take a while but no reason cannot proceed relatively smoothly. Not sure of the mineral stability in Ibrox area.

It says status - pending consideration? Has it been granted then?
No, the planning officer dealing with the application has done their professional assessment, and recommended it for approval. Their Report now has to go to Planning Committee - Councillors - for their approval (or not) before an actual decision is formally made.

Miss Benzie is a bit of a storyteller, she sees fans taking cocaine and they then urinate and Defecate in the street and in her Close!
Tbf pre match round the stadium you do see people bevying and the likes in the way of closes. The lane just up from the louden is a regular place for loads of people taking a piss. Wouldnt be surprised if people have a key of gear in public pre match. Just because we dont like what it says doesnt mean it might not be true!

It says status - pending consideration? Has it been granted then?
No, not yet. The report on the portal is only the planners recommendations. The application will go to the councils planning committee where councilors will then vote on whether to approve or not. The report - which recommends approval - is done to help the councilors make a decision.

Tess the English guy who gets on heart and hand said on the update today when planning was granted that he has been in the Wolves museum and spent hours in there, and it might be an idea for someone from our club to have a look for an idea or two.
I had a look on you tube and it is a pretty new purpose built one which the guy (curator?) reckons its the best in the UK, with our history and heritage plus all the gems that could be displayed this could be quite a spectacular money spinner.
I assume the trophy room would stay fully stocked as is, and the museum stuff would come from elsewhere.

She should contact Poundland Argyle St., and ask for a loan of the sign from their back door.

XMdRAZb.jpg
That reminds me of a guy I worked with.He had a run in with a cash and carry returning stuff.Gave him a right hard time for weeks and weeks eventually he got fed up and took a shit on their back door.Midway through he looked up and the camera was pointed straight at his face. :))

Seen the story in the sun about us being put forward for approval. Very exciting, james bisgrove put forward to the board , he expects a 7 figure profit each year. Can’t wait, I’ll certainly be using it anytime I’m near.
Sorry but can’t copy and paste

RANGERS' plans for a fan zone beside Ibrox are set to be approved by Glasgow City Council.

Gers have demolished Edmiston House with hopes of building a state-of-the-art facility.

As part of the club's 150th anniversary celebrations in 2022, the building would include a Rangers museum, cafe, and a multi purpose conference and concert venue. As well as that, the development will also be comprised of two floors' worth of retail space. Plans were officially submitted to the council back in August with demolition work taking place last month. And council planners have given the green light for work to begin.

A document read: "The proposal shall result in the former Edmiston House being replaced with a new facility associated with Rangers FC, offering a mix of uses. "The proposed uses will enhance the match day experience of supporters within a controlled environment, provide opportunities for local community benefit and offer new uses which have city wide benefits such as conference use and live entertainment."

Speaking previously, Rangers' commercial director James Bisgrove hailed the plans as "one of the most exciting projects in European football". He said: "If you take a step back from Rangers, that has to be one of the most exciting projects in European football. "Our aim there is to create a destination really for supporters seven days a week, also a destination for Glasgow in terms of what we can do around conferences and events. "That for us is an opportunity for us to turn a derelict building, lets be an honest a bit of an eyesore at the moment in and around the Ibrox footprint, into a revenue generating asset.

"Within that are a number of pillars. We presented a plan to the board that projected a seven-figure profit per year from that building. "There are a lot of plans which need to fall into place to get to that, the club museum is one of the more exciting projects for us to put in place. "We have been looking at the Hearts museum, the Hampden museum but also looking further afield, the Santiago Bernabeu and the Camp Nou, for something that can bring supporters and also tourists, something really engaging but which can also provide a revenue stream for the club.

"It will also have a multi functional, multi-faceted space on the ground floor that can serve as a fan zone on match days. "We are looking at a capacity of between 1,500-2,000 supporters that can use that indoor outdoor space to have food and beverage, watch giant screens, entertainment and increase the dwell time at Ibrox."

Exciting stuff, IF GCC allow it.

They will be hard pressed to block it, given the benefits to the local area. It’s an absolute no brainier. Think what was there before, big dangerous building with lots of dark sports around it. With the new build, there will be floodlights, security cameras etc, I’d say the place will be safer for residents once the job is done.

Rangers' plans for a fan zone beside Ibrox are set to be approved by Glasgow City Council.

Gers have demolished Edmiston House with hopes of building a state-of-the-art facility.

As part of the club's 150th anniversary celebrations in 2022, the building would include a Rangers museum, cafe, and a multi purpose conference and concert venue. As well as that, the development will also be comprised of two floors' worth of retail space. Plans were officially submitted to the council back in August with demolition work taking place last month. And council planners have given the green light for work to begin.

A document read: "The proposal shall result in the former Edmiston House being replaced with a new facility associated with Rangers FC, offering a mix of uses. "The proposed uses will enhance the match day experience of supporters within a controlled environment, provide opportunities for local community benefit and offer new uses which have city wide benefits such as conference use and live entertainment."

Speaking previously, Rangers' commercial director James Bisgrove hailed the plans as "one of the most exciting projects in European football". He said: "If you take a step back from Rangers, that has to be one of the most exciting projects in European football. "Our aim there is to create a destination really for supporters seven days a week, also a destination for Glasgow in terms of what we can do around conferences and events. "That for us is an opportunity for us to turn a derelict building, lets be an honest a bit of an eyesore at the moment in and around the Ibrox footprint, into a revenue generating asset.

"Within that are a number of pillars. We presented a plan to the board that projected a seven-figure profit per year from that building. "There are a lot of plans which need to fall into place to get to that, the club museum is one of the more exciting projects for us to put in place. "We have been looking at the Hearts museum, the Hampden museum but also looking further afield, the Santiago Bernabeu and the Camp Nou, for something that can bring supporters and also tourists, something really engaging but which can also provide a revenue stream for the club.

"It will also have a multi functional, multi-faceted space on the ground floor that can serve as a fan zone on match days. "We are looking at a capacity of between 1,500-2,000 supporters that can use that indoor outdoor space to have food and beverage, watch giant screens, entertainment and increase the dwell time at Ibrox."
Fantastic news.

I know we are in lockdown, but is work still being carried out here? If anyone is walking by, can they post an updated picture with how it looks? I hate being so far away

I know we are in lockdown, but is work still being carried out here? If anyone is walking by, can they post an updated picture with how it looks? I hate being so far away
When I was there at new year it was all rubble. Everything’s been knocked down but nowhere near building anything yet

Rumours construction due to be stopped again by Nicola (in general, not specifically related to ours). Hopefully doesn't affect our plans too much.

Site demolition is complete including basic ground remediation .

zero suggestion of any project underway so I would guess they are in some sort of lull ahead of mobilising the construction works .

Rumours construction due to be stopped again by Nicola (in general, not specifically related to ours). Hopefully doesn't affect our plans too much.
I don't think that's happening, she was thinking about it.

Kwasi Kwarteng - Government Business Secretary issued a public letter to the construction industry on Monday basically stating thanks for keeping going (including non essential works), that the industry was critical to the economy / economic recovery.

Nicola nae lips would like everyone to believe we are almost independent, and often nips in with statements ahead of the UK Government, however the UK Government and Treasury still rules the roost during the current crisis, and has her their hand that far up her arse, that she might even smile eventually.

Latest posts

Back