Denayer in the corner and VAR

It’s not a game changing moment, that’s the only reason I can think of how he got away with it. Right in front of the linesman as well.

He's a diving bastard but don't want to go down that road with Var for me. Dislike the thing enough as it is.

Lundstram was shoved off the ball in the first half in the area ... which might have been harsh, but we have seen them given. Balogun was clearly elbowed in the face in the second half and got to the ball first too. But hey, why would the VAR guy be any better than the ref, who made Willie Collum look like a top grade international referee with his decisions in the 2nd half, buying any shit from the French.

There's a difference between reviewing potential fouls and blatant cheating. It was horrific, and that linesman must have shat himself when the crowd erupted.

Because if they reviewed that they would be reviewing every single foul in a game.
Yep if they reviewed every single Dive they carried out tonight the game would still be on now, I have watched euro games for years but tonight's level of diving by them was a new low which only happened because they had the ref sussed early on, roll over a few times and punch the ground as if your leg is broken and boy did it work.

VAR doesn’t look at bookings, even second bookings. It only looks at red cards, offsides or off the ball incidents

VAR looks at clear and obvious errors.

Denayer clearly dived, why is that not reviewed and a free kick and booking given?
Hopefully he'll get a retrospective yellow but I doubt it. Also the Balugan elbow and Kent being tripped should've been reviewed. The 4th official or even a 5th can be watching that whilst play carries on. For most instances where VAR is used play is already stopped so doesn't affect the game much.

Linesman needs a slap for that decision. Absolute howler and it was right in front of him.

The officials gave us nothing tonight, Boateng on a yellow wiped out Kent (I think) and should have had a second yellow

He then gets taken off minutes later, where is the justice?

I agree, a clear professional foul by him. Again.

Their manager was probably protecting him after him escaping that.

“Oh my god I can’t believe people don’t know who Jason Denayer is”!
Well, we all f’n know now.

Lundstram was shoved off the ball in the first half in the area ... which might have been harsh, but we have seen them given. Balogun was clearly elbowed in the face in the second half and got to the ball first too. But hey, why would the VAR guy be any better than the ref, who made Willie Collum look like a top grade international referee with his decisions in the 2nd half, buying any shit from the French.
I’d like to see that and the balogun incidents again

Is it only me that sees Wrights left boot clipping Denayers left calf, a bit theatrical from Denayer, but the linesman got it right in my opinion.
Although without the slow motion replay I would have but my life on it that there wasn't any contact.
Yes it’s just you. He’s a good centre half who knew he was on a hiding to nothing so dived and did a big girly scream as he went down to sell it.

Is it only me that sees Wrights left boot clipping Denayers left calf, a bit theatrical from Denayer, but the linesman got it right in my opinion.
Although without the slow motion replay I would have but my life on it that there wasn't any contact.
On your own there, how many times did you rewind that back and forth to see something that never happened?

Alfie did a similar tackle to the Lundstram one in the centre circle and was penalised for it. I thought the officials tonight were some of the worst we've had in Europe. It's hard enough beating Lyon without having to contend with their cheating as well.

Back