Denis Law Documentary

His book is worth a read.

Funny story about his mam pawning his dads only suit every Monday.

When a young lad at Huddersfield he woul get injured every December so he could get home for Xmas.

Claim to fame - not - he was at school with my mum. Year or two above but they were in the same circle of pals at the time.

Any mention of Denis Law always brings a smile to my face when I remember the old Only An Excuse radio programme. With McIlvanney drawling The Law Man.........so called because his name was Law .......and he was a man.
Agree with those earlier posters who describe him as Scotland’s greatest ever player.

As I have mentioned on here before Bill Shankly (Huddersfield) said that Law was the best player he had as a manager.
I recall mid 70's Shankly was on 'Sportsnight with Coleman'. David Coleman asked him who is the greatest player he has ever see. Without any thought Shanks said " Denis Law" - what an acolade.

Any mention of Denis Law always brings a smile to my face when I remember the old Only An Excuse radio programme. With McIlvanney drawling The Law Man.........so called because his name was Law .......and he was a man.
Agree with those earlier posters who describe him as Scotland’s greatest ever player.
Those Mcllvanay monologues were great. I liked the one where he did John Greig As manager talking to players coming to end of their Rangers careers.
he said “ aye son I think the time has come to hang up your boots. Or go and play for Hertz”

My idol when I was a kid. I've always loved the No. 10 jersey, worn by Denis,
Before it became such an iconic number in the game since.

Reactions of a mongoose
And the face and haircut to match

Found it on 114 - thanks OP
And the face and haircut to match

Last edited:
In my blue room, I have have 2 non rangers items, signed Lionel messi top, a signed Denis Law photo. He was way before my time, but watching old videos of matches, two neutral players from that time really stuck with me,Denis Law and Allan gilzean. Can u imagine both those guys today?!? 80-90 million plus.

Recorded this programme last night. Just had a look and although the information say that I have recorded the right programme “The Law Man” it’s a completely different programme that has been recorded. When I watch whatever has been recorded the information button says that I am watching “The Law Man”
Very very strange. Anyone else experience the same?

The tendency could be to focus purely on his outstanding goal scoring record, however there is enough footage about to demonstrate what a genuinely wonderful all round player he was.

Recorded this programme last night. Just had a look and although the information say that I have recorded the right programme “The Law Man” it’s a completely different programme that has been recorded. When I watch whatever has been recorded the information button says that I am watching “The Law Man”
Yes exactly the same.

Sky made the documentary themselves.

I’m thinking that as Nobby Stiles sadly passed away recently, maybe the film has had to be re-edited and thus its release has been delayed

Aye...got cyber hacking and breaking the law instead of fiba hacking and denis law.

In my blue room, I have have 2 non Rangers items, signed Lionel messi top, a signed Denis Law photo. He was way before my time, but watching old videos of matches, two neutral players from that time really stuck with me,Denis Law and Allan gilzean. Can u imagine both those guys today?!? 80-90 million plus.

I reckon a Denis Law in today's world would be closer to 200 million.
He was nominated in the Ballon d'Or every year from 1961 through 1967,
winning it outright in 1964,
when despite the only medal in his collection being an FA Cup winners medal,
he was considered thee best player in Europe, well ahead of the likes of
Eusebio, Jimmy Greaves, Gianna Rivera, Luis Saurez, Bobby Charlton etc.

Unfortunately yes..was settling down with a few creature comforts and looking forward to this when George Bush appeared ????? WTF.

What a great player Denis was and yet he wasn't the best player at his club.
He'd get my vote as the greatest ever Scottish footballer, we'll the best in my lifetime anyway.

What a great player Denis was and yet he wasn't the best player at his club.
He'd get my vote as the greatest ever Scottish footballer, we'll the best in my lifetime anyway.
In a pub argument sense a side with the best ever ever English, Scottish, and N.I/ British player.

Back