Denis Law or Kenny Dalglish

Toss a coin so far as I am concerned. What I will say is that I have always thought that although they had their great moments, both of them were very inconsistent so far as their Scotland performances were concerned. In my opinion Dalglish had been awarded plenty of caps before he had what could be described as a genuinely good game at international level. Although that cannot be said of Law, there were more than a few games where he didn't produce what was expected. My mind always goes back to the Poland game at Hampden in 1965 which badly damaged our World Cup qualification as an example of when he should have done far better.
Good shout. Dalglish taken off v Iran says it all gor me....Denis for me.

Dalglish was a fantastic player for Liverpool, definitely world class, but very rarely reached the same heights playing for Scotland. I think Law was more productive for his country and as has been mentioned a more prolific goalscorer but Dalglish was probably the classier player of the two, albeit in a Liverpool shirt and not so much for Scotland.

Dennis law by a country mile.
On holiday in torquey and Man U playing pre season friendly sold out for weeks,guy who owned b n b says we had no chance. Straight into ground after my dad had spoken to chap at turnstiles (no money exchanged). Get positioned at very front to see law and best. Law clatters into barrier hears me speak (swear)lifts me up,asks me if I’m Scottish and shakes my hand.
My mum still says when we came back I floated into the room in a daze saying “Dennis Law shook MY HAND “
Kenny Dalgleish played for Celtic .
No brainer
BB

Back