Denmark ready to leave FIFA

Wales are out so should just wear the arm bands against England and the other UEFA teams should back them against any punishment they get.

If they had wanted to make a statement they should have told them they wouldn’t be participating in their competition and stayed at home
Laces,armbands Kane with his half a million pound watch isn’t going change anything their country their rules don’t like it don’t go

Last edited:
Nations sat back and watched probably the most corrupt sporting organisation ever seen on the planet, scandalously enrich themselves with bribes, corruption and straight theft, for decades without a whimper.
But, an armband, oh no, that’s a different story. Can’t have that. Now’s the time to step up, now’s the time to act.
Pathetic isn’t a strong enough word.
This is what's truly laughable about it. The West has become a laughing stock with our ability to turn a blind eye to genuine depravity and evil (usually when it's convenient for the business interests of the powerful and wealthy to do so), then kick up a massive fuss (often fighting among each other) over FIFA not allowing a "statement" armband.

The mental thing about all this is that they are going nuts about an armband for LGBT but not the huge number of immigrants who ACTUALLY DIED building the stadiums.

It just sums up how screwed our priorities are these days. The worst division in the world is between rich and poor, not straight and LGBT. But we won’t address the first one though because our whole house of cards of a society is built on it.

The mental thing about all this is that they are going nuts about an armband for LGBT but not the huge number of immigrants who ACTUALLY DIED building the stadiums.

It just sums up how screwed our priorities are these days. The worst division in the world is between rich and poor, not straight and LGBT. But we won’t address the first one though because our whole house of cards of a society is built on it.
Exactly.

It’s essentially a campaign to increase your popularity.

It’s pathetic.

Like a bloody armband is going to change the centuries of ingrained beliefs and opinions.

A lot of dick swinging nonsense. There's not a chance Denmark pull out of FIFA. it's the same with their "black out" away strip. If they cared so much they wouldn't have turned up. Simple.

Will they have the same stance in 2026 when they'll be hoping to be in the States? Or are they just flexing to jump on the social media highway? The US have a worse historical human rights record than anyone. That's not even debatable.

2 facts that have never bothered them before:

1) Plenty countries out there competing in Qatar have equally as shocking human rights issues.

2) FIFA were born of corruption. Taking backhanders isn't a new thing for them.

Denmark became independent in 1849. It took them 173 years to legalise gay marriage. Qatar only became independent (of us) is 1971. They are a young developing nation.

Also... Denmark only legalised gay marriage in 2012. Yes, a whopping 10 years ago. Their noble LGBT cause is nearly as new as their mock armband outrage. Like most of the doo gooder knobheads, they aren't exactly the shining light of humanity themselves.

Infantino’s power base comes from beyond Europe, he doesn’t care about European posturing.

We’re moving to 48 teams to accommodate the other continents.

If WC 2030 doesn’t go to Spain/Portugal, it will be at least 30 years since the tournament was in Western Europe.

If they truly cared then wear the armband and take the booking. Even better, don’t go to the tournament at all. Anything less is meaningless posturing and in all honesty it’s getting incredibly tiresome to listen to and making me less sympathetic. We all know the tournament shouldn’t be over there, but it is. Don’t go or zip it.

Last edited:
I would have gave the captains armband to my 3rd keeper for the first match and sub him off after 10mns. He takes the yellow, protest made, no damage to the strongest 11.

I'm not sure what to make of this, is Denmark really prepared to go out on a limb over this?

Personally, I think they're being naïve to believe other European countries will back such a drastic action.

And in any case, if you're going to step up on to the HR pedestal, Denmark's human rights record isn't too clever when it comes to Greenland and it's Inuit population.

I understand the debate is about human rights in the here and now, and we all know how shamelessly FIFA has capitulated to the vested interests of all sorts of regimes.

But we've all gone along with it, from Mussolini ("Win or Die!), Mexico 70 (wasn't there a student massacre before the event?), Argentina (the Junta, THE DISAPPEARED, the match fixing: PERU), South Africa (the bribes), Russia (Putin . . . CRIMEA!) and Qatar (WTF?).

I'm not advocating we ignore oppression in countries, but let's get a reformed FIFA first (if we can), before we break up the world game and let the Cunty Countries have the last laugh.

When did the world cup become all about armbands and rainbow flags.
Let's get back to football. That is what the world cup was,is and should always be about. If countries and players are so upset and fell so strongly about these issues and human rights in other countries they should have stayed at home. But maybe the millions of dollars was a wee bit more important to them. I'm sure there are many,many players in Qatar who give not a damn or maybe even agree with Qatar's policies but are wary of saying anything for fear of the backlash from the goody two shoes at home. Football is the world's most important and loved sport. Let's get back to playing it.

Bottom line is they shouldn't be wearing these armbands - they have no place at a World Cup.

I am sure if they were top of their group and looking to go to the knockout stage this wouldn't even be discussed.

This.

Football is being ruined by SJW’s.

No sporting event takes place now without some faux outrage about something somewhere.
Ah know man. Imagine being outraged at a country making it illegal to be gay. PC gone mad mate. Can't even lock of people for their sexual preference without a SJW greeting. Mental.

It would be interesting if 2 European countries got to the final and agreed to make some kind of joint on field statement, to see what FIFA would do - obviously that would be a PR nightmare for FIFA and the Qataris.
If FIFA had stuck with their original agreement with these countries, it wouldn’t have blown up even further as it has.

Scotland should join with them and vote never to appear at the finals of a FIFA event again. Oh wait........
The countries moaning about not being allowed to protest are cowards though. Take the yellow card. Highlight across the world at how bad FIFA is. That's the protest.
Steve ( bye bye Rangers ) Clarke will ensure what you say without having to vote... :cool:

I thought the US justice department was going to bring FIFA down a few years ago but with the world cup going there in 2026 I am not sure they will have the same hunger to prosecute them

This virtue signalling pish has gone too far. It’s football not a political statement.

New age millennial tits the lot of them.
The lot of them, sitting there being paid a fortune banging on about it makes my piss boil. If they were that bothered they could have stayed away. Do as I say not as I do has never been so apt. Qatar was awarded this years ago. Everyone knows it was corrupt but nothing said. The women moaning about the treatment of women whilst pocketing a fortune for being there after playing Sunday football is particularly infuriating.

I really hope this is the beginning of an exodus. We need to get shot of these corrupt old men at FIFA and UEFA who are ruining football

It’s high time someone showed the balls to stand up to them. This WC has been a farce what with rainbow armbands being banned and Iranian lassies pulled up for the t-shirts they are wearing. Qatar is a backwards looking hellhole and along with every other Islamic republic should be nowhere near holding a WC

Load of pish.

I won't take this seriously until the blatant hypocrisy is gone.

Same sex marriage is illegal in Poland. Nobody bat's an eyelid or says a word.

Same sex marriage is illegal in Croatia and again same thing. Nothing.

Serbia, same sex marriage again is illegal. Nothing.

There are 13 odd countries that have the same stance but the pickers and choosers are only butt hurt about Qatar.

F**kin get over it. Double standards are actually embarrassing. Hear it at work too and I just think, you really are an idiot aren't you. Before bringing up these points.

People were probably gagging for controversies and police brutality at this World Cup, because it's in Qatar. Truth is, it was the Russians that leathered the gay rights and feminists during the Olympics.

It was the Chinese that did the same to the activists in Beijing.

And its been the European Police hammering drunk football fans at tournaments across the continent.

See if you're going to stand up, stand up for injustice. Not just injustice when it suits. That's fkn embarrassing.

This could get interesting

Denmark are ready to discuss a blanket withdrawal from FIFA alongside other UEFA nations over the OneLove armbands issue.

The captains of seven European nations were planning on wearing the anti-discrimination armbands to protest against Qatar’s human rights record, but all backed down after FIFA revealed on the eve of the tournament that they would be shown yellow cards for doing so.

Speaking at a press conference on Wednesday morning, Danish FA (DBU) CEO Jakob Jensen revealed that a yellow card was the “minimum” punishment that captain Simon Kjaer would have faced.

“On November 21, England asked for an emergency meeting with FIFA, who came to the English hotel,” Jensen revealed. “FIFA said it would at least give a yellow card.

“There has been discussion about whether there is a legal basis for giving a yellow card, but there is. The penalty could have been a yellow card, that the captain had not come on the pitch or that he was given a ban.”

The German football association is taking FIFA to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over the ban and now the DBU delegation revealed the “anger” this has caused, and stated they would not formally support current president Gianni Infantino – who is standing unopposed – in his reelection bid.

“There are presidential elections in FIFA. There are 211 countries in FIFA and I understand that the current president has statements of support from 207 countries,” said DBU chairman Jesper Moller. “Denmark is not among those countries. And we’re not going to be either.”

Moller also revealed that Denmark were considering leaving FIFA, and were willing to discuss this with all 55 member states of the organisation.

“It is not a decision that has been made now. We have been clear about this for a long time. We have been discussing it in the Nordic region since August,” he said.

“I’ve thought it again. I imagine that there may be challenges if Denmark leaves on its own. But let us see if we cannot have a dialogue on things.“I have to think about the question of how to restore confidence in FIFA. We must evaluate what has happened, and then we must create a strategy – also with our Nordic colleagues.”
Good luck to them.
About time the monopoly was tested

The eternal cynic in me suggests that this is nothing more than a play for appeasement of organisations giving it to them in the neck. Tokenism for a tokenist gesture.

Back