Denmark squad full of lower league and futsal players

Disputes over commercial rights with the Danish FA so players are refusing to play.

The Denmark Futsal team are ranked 51 in the world behind the Solomon Islands.

Should be an interesting match.

Also, if they didn't fulfil the fixture, they're due a 4 year ban from international football. Hence their desperation.

This is kind of like how Rocky got his chance. A series of events that gave an amateur a chance at the big time. I love that film. Get your money on Rocky Rockyson for first scorer.

If Denmark win then the players who left are going to look very stupid.

I seriously doubt they will though :D

There is a chance it could be resolved before the game. I've stuck 20 quid on them at 20/1 on the chance it was sorted.
Think that £20 is gone now(unless you can still cash out for the full amount), don't know if they can change the squad would be very harsh if they did.

I think the players were willing to play under the previous image/rights terms but the DFA decided not to do that

Just goes to show, always take a pair of boots to the match. :D

Imagine not wanting to play for your country because of money. Explaining that one to the grandchildren will be such a proud moment! :rolleyes:

Just goes to show, always take a pair of boots to the match. :D

Imagine not wanting to play for your country because of money. Explaining that one to the grandchildren will be such a proud moment! :rolleyes:
See that was my initial though as when SKY reported it they were showing pics of Ericsson, but not every player earns that kind of money especially the home based on there first call

If the DFA are taking the piss with the amount they are giving to the players then fair play to the players

It's a farce that this has happened to a team that played in the World Cup in the summer, but imagine how buzzing you'd be if you were some Danish lower league or futsal player, currently travelling with the 'squad' to Slovakia to potentially earn a full international cap. It must be absolutely surreal for them.
If I was a Danish fan travelling to the game, I'd be bringing my boots and shinnies just in case :D

Do they even have throw-ins in Futsal? :D

I thought they played with a size 3, double bladdered ball that doesn’t bounce?

They’ll be shite in the air.

I’m going to Denmark on Friday to watch Wales. Be interesting to see how they cope with Bale, Ramsey et al

See that was my initial though as when SKY reported it they were showing pics of Ericsson, but not every player earns that kind of money especially the home based on there first call

If the DFA are taking the piss with the amount they are giving to the players then fair play to the players
Fair enough to extent, but I just feel playing for your country should be a privilege not a job. If anything they should negotiate a centralised contract with the DFA a bit like the England cricket players. But that essentially gives them two employers.

If it was an argument about how images were going to be used and who by, that’s different.

Just went on Bet365, and there is hardly any odds available.
Was going for goals+ ... but they only do 2.5+/- (over is 13/100!!!)
Was wanting more like 7.5 or 8.5 +, but not available.

Only that one, the win, ht/ft and correct score really. (Slov 1/20 , Den 18/1)
Shame.
Hopefully change nearer KO.

EDIT : Might watch it 'in-play' as well, to see what odds appear - like next goal to be scored by ...
Those odds should be "ok" in the last 15minutes. Hopefully Slovakia score 2 or 3 in that time period.

Just went on Bet365, and there is hardly any odds available.
Was going for goals+ ... but they only do 2.5+/- (over is 13/100!!!)
Was wanting more like 7.5 or 8.5 +, but not available.

Only that one, the win, ht/ft and correct score really. (Slov 1/20 , Den 18/1)
Shame.
Hopefully change nearer KO.

EDIT : Might watch it 'in-play' as well, to see what odds appear - like next goal to be scored by ...
Those odds should be "ok" in the last 15minutes. Hopefully Slovakia score 2 or 3 in that time period.

Betfair exchange have + 5.5 goals at just over evens

Back