Denmark were told to play the game by UEFA either that night or the following day

I haven’t seen the video of Erikson when he collapsed (and I won’t even Google it) but by all accounts it was horrific to watch. can anyone on here say if they’d witnessed that they’d have been thinking about the game, let alone being able to continue playing that day?

They should hsve pulled out the tournament. I'm sure every other nation would have said they would too, and put UEFA in a sticky position

I haven’t seen the video of Erikson when he collapsed (and I won’t even Google it) but by all accounts it was horrific to watch. can anyone on here say if they’d witnessed that they’d have been thinking about the game, let alone being able to continue playing that day?
I had that horrible, sinking, feeling of dread in my stomach for the rest of the night! Not trying to be dramatic but it was genuinely awful to see.

I said on the thread on Saturday, I've been diagnosed with PTSD after witnessing similar with my husband. It's incredibly ignorant for UEFA to think that those on the pitch should just pull themselves together and get on with it. There shouldn't even have been a discussion about restarting that night.

UEFA are scum. I think the fairest way would have been to award both teams a point each as the score line was 0-0 at the point of the Erikson incident.

IMO Finland had an advantage when the game restarted. The Denmark players minds were all over the place and wouldn’t have been able to fully focus on the game.

The Danes were definitely drained emotionally.

UEFA are just a disgusting organisation.

I said on the thread on Saturday, I've been diagnosed with PTSD after witnessing similar with my husband. It's incredibly ignorant for UEFA to think that those on the pitch should just pull themselves together and get on with it. There shouldn't even have been a discussion about restarting that night.
I can only imagine what you were feeling as that unfolded on live tv. You’re right UEFA should’ve done the right thing cancelled the game and let it be played later in the week
I had that horrible, sinking, feeling of dread in my stomach for the rest of the night! Not trying to be dramatic but it was genuinely awful to see.
i think what makes this worse (if it could be worse) was learning he’d had suffered cardiac arrest and actually died in the pitch before being brought back

and UEFA still wanted the game played

Pretty much what you’d expect from a bunch of bureaucrats and pencil pushers.

What would have happened if both countries had refused to continue?

Would both have lost 3-0?

Pretty much what you’d expect from a bunch of bureaucrats and pencil pushers.

What would have happened if both countries had refused to continue?

Would both have lost 3-0?

What would they have done if both countries had refused and all the other countries players supported them and refused to play their games too? I really would like to see teams stand up to them, UEFA seem to have forgotten that football isn't there for their benefit. They've completely lost touch with the people who play it and support it.

What if both Denmark and Finland had refused to play?

Would it simply have been the case that the game would have been forfeited by both sides and no points awarded to either team?

What if both Denmark and Finland had refused to play?

Would it simply have been the case that the game would have been forfeited by both sides and no points awarded to either team?
From the regs article 30, the UEFA control, ethics (no laughing at the back) and discipline body make a "decision". In other words they make it up as they go along!

Or to forfeit the game 3-0. Just said on TS news
Shocking but not surprising from UEFA as this was exactly what I thought was the reason that Denmark ‘requested’ to play the rest of the match. UEFA are just a bunch of compassionless ar*eholes and that game should never have been restarted until proper counselling had been administered to the affected players.

Firstly, let me say that it’s terrible what happened to Eriksen, but thankfully it’s an almighty scare and he’s stable now. Long may he continue to recover.

Also, uefa are cünts. Their handling was shambolic and simply just standard uefa!

However, many professional players are hypocritical attention/glory seekers! If Denmark had’ve won the game they’d have been classed as hero’s and the players would’ve been out shouting to everyone who’d listen that….

“the game was never in doubt, our only intention was to go out and win it for Eriksen”

(absolutely no way they’d have come out and said they felt forced into playing if they had won)

UEFA are interested in money and nothing else. Bunch of scumbags
Yet a bunch of elite clubs wanted to form a new league they got pelters from all concerned, Football is about money, UEFA run it , honestly think players should think twice about International Football .

I was pretty astonished Denmark agreed to play on at the time.

They should never have agreed it to be honest and that’s let Uefa off the hook.

I've witnessed it in work once (and it happened on one other occasion when I wasn't there). When I saw him being shocked, I felt sick.

It's a fùcking horrendous situation to deal with. Thankfully on both occasions they pulled through but those of us present were on edge for a good few weeks afterwards.

UEFA are fùcking cùnts acting in this manner.

Last edited:
Just because a player sustains a medical issue that doesn't mean the tournament should stop, or even be delayed. He wasn't stabbed in the chest by an assailant. He had a heart attack. Medically speaking it is no different than an ACL/PCL or concussion. It is an issue with the body that prevents a single player from continuing...move on with it.
Would people expect the tournament to stop if the guy blew his knee out? Was severely concussed? No. But because the guy's ticker went south we need to stand around hand wringing?

Just because a player sustains a medical issue that doesn't mean the tournament should stop, or even be delayed. He wasn't stabbed in the chest by an assailant. He had a heart attack. Medically speaking it is no different than an ACL/PCL or concussion. It is an issue with the body that prevents a single player from continuing...move on with it.
Would people expect the tournament to stop if the guy blew his knee out? Was severely concussed? No. But because the guy's ticker went south we need to stand around hand wringing?
Let me ask you this; have you ever suffered from a heart attack or cardiac arrest. I've had three heart attacks and I can tell you for those who witness such a thing it is very traumatic indeed which can take weeks or more to come to terms with. The man actually died for a period of time, he's lucky to still be with us and for you to equate cardio disease with concussion tells me how much of a cretin you are.

He had a cardiac arrest. "Medically speaking" FFS! It's nothing like these examples, you absolute moron. His heart had stopped. They were literally fighting to re start it. But aye, popping your knee is the same.

Yes I remember all those players that died from tearing their ACL’s or Achilles etc because that’s a common deadly health threat

Let me ask you this; have you ever suffered from a heart attack or cardiac arrest. I've had three heart attacks and I can tell you for those who witness such a thing it is very traumatic indeed which can take weeks or more to come to terms with. The man actually died for a period of time, he's lucky to still be with us and for you to equate cardio disease with concussion tells me how much of a cretin you are.
So they should just stop the tournament? What if he died in a restaurant in front of his entire team? Stop the tournament then too?
It was a physical injury to one player. We can't prioritize these things and stop the world because one player has a setback.
Once you set that precedent where does the logic tree end?

So they should just stop the tournament? What if he died in a restaurant in front of his entire team? Stop the tournament then too?
It was a physical injury to one player. We can't prioritize these things and stop the world because one player has a setback.
If your brother dropped down with an ACL injury your reaction would be substantially different than if it was a heart attack. You’re trying to compare an apple with an orange and saying “but look, they’re both fruit”

You seem to think people wanted to whole tournament when they are suggesting only one game was held off to let players try and recover from the shock of what they saw.

but of course your entire argument has fallen apart comparing a heart attack to an ACL Injury so now you’re trying to suggest this as a way to maintain your argument

If your brother dropped down with an ACL injury your reaction would be substantially different than if it was a heart attack. You’re trying to compare an apple with an orange and saying “but look, they’re both fruit”
When my mother had her first heart attack in ‘95 my late father came to my work to let me know. I dropped everything, told my boss what was going on and went to the hospital to see her

I’m just glad she didn’t tear her ACL or i might’ve truly panicked

They shouldn't have played the rest of the game so soon after the event simply because the players, especially his teammates would still be traumatized.
Not one person has stated the tournament should have been stopped but obviously you can't understand the full extent of what the man,his family and friends have went and are still going through. Have a word with yourself because there's more to life than football

He had a cardiac arrest. "Medically speaking" FFS! It's nothing like these examples, you absolute moron. His heart had stopped. They were literally fighting to re start it. But aye, popping your knee is the same.
Yes I remember all those players that died from tearing their ACL’s or Achilles etc because that’s a common deadly health threat
As I stated. Physical setbacks that prevent a player from continuing should not stop an entire team, or tournament from progressing.

Theres that much money tied up in football now, with big business pouring millions into it.

Personally if the worst had happened, I would have lost interest in the whole tournament.

When my mother had her first heart attack in ‘95 my late father came to my work to let me know. I dropped everything, told my boss what was going on and went to the hospital to see her

I’m just glad she didn’t tear her ACL or i might’ve truly panicked
People do want the tournament to stop. Denmark is a team in the tournament. The team they were scheduled to play is also in the tournament.
Those are two teams comprised, of players, staff, and handlers which number at least 100 persons. Hotels, venues, logistical arrangements of all types must be altered in some fashion.
For one player...
Now back to your example...did your boss shut the entire company down for your mother's setback? Or, did you excuse yourself?
Don't you think, if it REALLY mattered...Denmark would just excuse themselves from the tournament?
Don't you think that would be the least invasive, most meaningful, most respectful approach?
errbody gotta virtue signal.

As I stated. Physical setbacks that prevent a player from continuing should not stop an entire team, or tournament from progressing.
People do want the tournament to stop. Denmark is a team in the tournament. The team they were scheduled to play is also in the tournament.
Those are two teams comprised, of players, staff, and handlers which number at least 100 persons. Hotels, venues, logistical arrangements of all types must be altered in some fashion.
For one player...
Now back to your example...did your boss shut the entire company down for your mother's setback? Or, did you excuse yourself?
Don't you think, if it REALLY mattered...Denmark would just excuse themselves from the tournament?
Don't you think that would be the least invasive, most meaningful, most respectful approach?

You have to be one of the most idiotic posters I’ve ever come across.

It wasn’t a physical setback, the lad’s heart had stopped. They had to use a defib to restart it which suggests for a few seconds he was dead. His team mates had to watch it not knowing the outcome. Team members had to console his wife. A battle for someone’s life is slightly more than a physical setback.

I don’t know if you’re trolling or trying to be “unwoke” given the handwringing comment but whatever it is it’s just showing you up as an absolute idiot.

Last edited:
For one player...
No they wanted one game re-scheduled due to the nature of what happened to Erickson on the pitch which, from what I’ve read was absolutely dreadful to witness and one can only imagine how his team mates felt

no one wants the entire tournament stopped no one on FF has ever said that. And it’s certainly not virtue signaling. But please, continue to make a fool of yourself with your conflated, straw man arguments

For one player...
Just fucking do one, you really are a clown of a person

Did anyone say that? Nobody is suggesting the tournament stops, only your hyperbolic shite. The fact you cannot differentiate between an ACL injury and a heart attack tells me that nothing beneficial will come from this conversation so we’ll just leave it at that.

I hate UEFA and FIFA. Two vile organisations run by horrible bastards who care about absolutely nothing other than lining their own pockets.

I haven't actually watched the incident yet, thankfully. When I was a kid my old man fell over in a similar circumstance (not playing football) and unfortunately didn't make it. Healthy, young and unexpected etc.

Football is my escapism from everything so things like this don't even sadden me so much as it freaks me out. That UEFA/FIFA lack empathy in it doesn't surprise me really.

I haven't actually watched the incident yet, thankfully. When I was a kid my old man fell over in a similar circumstance (not playing football) and unfortunately didn't make it. Healthy, young and unexpected etc.

Football is my escapism from everything so things like this don't even sadden me so much as it freaks me out. That UEFA/FIFA lack empathy in it doesn't surprise me really.

That’s awful mate. And yeah sadly I’d have to say the same, in fact it’s exactly what I expected of them.

Quite possibly the worst post in FF history. Give your fcuking head a wobble. Numpty.

When should Denmark have been asked to play the match?

Tragedy occurs throughout every aspect of our lives and it comes in many forms.
The greatest reaction human beings can offer in the face of tragedy is a determination to carry on with life.

Christian Eriksen thankfully appears to be recovering from his ordeal and the world wishes him a full recovery if possible.
However, life cannot come to a total standstill, notwithstanding the shock football was given from the terrible event.

I accept that the matter affected the Danish team and it may possibly undermine their entire tournament, how can it not, but no one is to blame.
Life is always uncertain and nothing can be assured, that is why we should embrace it whilst we can with all the vigour we can muster.

I understand where you’re coming from but the same night angle from UEFA is awful in my opinion, if it was decided to be the next day I’d probably take your view but the same night was a bit much. Good post though.

Antivaxxers spreading a lie that Eriksen was vaccinated with the Pfizer jab on 31st May.

I f*cking hate this world at times.

Yet a bunch of elite clubs wanted to form a new league they got pelters from all concerned, Football is about money, UEFA run it , honestly think players should think twice about International Football .
You know you’ve made a royal cuûnt of it when uefa manage to get the moral high ground.

if they hadn’t granted themselves ‘founder club’ status and made it an open competition to all, without protection for the founders it would probably have worked. Their communication and messaging was terrible for the start.

Jesus Christ.. where to start with this

Back