Deranged Nationalist MP pandering to the lowest common denominator

Version my wife had on had Scottish commentator, co commentator and all Scottish halftime panel. What the f*** is he talking about?
Yeah you had the choice of all scottish lineup or flick over to the 'English version ' for it being split down the middle.

With him bumping his gums about BBC Scotland and the comic strip the National talking about BBC in London taking more of an interest a few weeks ago, is this the usual push for more propaganda or BBC London actually doing something they should have done a years ago?

In a way I agree with him, the BBC UK wide coverage has mostly awful pundits (with a couple of good ones) so having different Scottish ones could probably be no worse.

It would mean people would not be forced to watch Micah Richards laugh like a hyena non-stop, but BBC Scotland would probably hire an equivalently annoying pundit to laugh like a hyena.

Although the SNP boy is clearly a bit of an arsehole watching the half time of Belgium Finland game all they've talked about is England, so why should there not be a Scottish production talking just about Scotland at half time.

My own opinion is just do away with the BBC

They must be due a heart attack with the cvonstant moaning lol who lives like that i bet everyone runs to avoid him when they see him

Yeah, they should have Gaelic-speaking commentators and pundits.

Gaelic - the gobbledegook on police cars, train stations and 'welcome to' signs that let you know Scotland is 'different.' (Although 98.9% of the country have no more understanding of Gaelic than sassenachs and other visitors.)
Only 11000 people speak Gaelic in Scotland mate out of a population of 5.5 million.

I thought that Irish Gaelic & Scottish Gaelic had the same roots whereas Welsh, Cornish & Breton had different roots.
Welsh is a Celtic language in the same family as Irish Gaelic, Scottish Gaelic, Cornish, and Manx. It's spoken in two dialects these days: Northern and Southern Welsh. As far as I know it was imported from Ireland to Wales and Scotland.

All moaning about commentators/pundits being biased is nonsense as every country's commentators/pundits are biased towards their country. I've got no problem with Scots and Welsh being biased towards their country.

Welsh is a Celtic language in the same family as Irish Gaelic, Scottish Gaelic, Cornish, and Manx. It's spoken in two dialects these days: Northern and Southern Welsh. As far as I know it was imported from Ireland to Wales and Scotland.

I haven't seen anyone say that Welsh was imported from Ireland.

Academics think Celtic languages arrived in the Britain and Ireland at the same time around 600BC from mainland Europe. Irish Gaelic and Welsh etc. are descended from these Celtic languages that came from mainland Europe.

A lot of Iron age history is not an exact science due to a lack of evidence, it is sometimes subject to modern historical revisionism by people trying to push a political agenda.

Agreed they are all celtic languages. However, Welsh, Cornish and Breton are classed as indigenous British celtic languages and weren't imported from Ireland. Scottish gaelic and Manx are Goidelic celtic languages and were imported from Ireland.

Northern & Southern Welsh are slightly different but, then again, North & South Wales might as well be different countries to be honest!

Back