Derby County have entered administration and been deducted 12 points

They were lucky to stay up last year and arguably should have had a points deduction

Massive debt.
Really poor playing squad.
Wayne Rooney is your manager.

It probably doesnt get much worse than that.
They’ve certainly started the season not too badly and Rooney clearly has the team playing for him.

I hope he keeps them up, as highly unlikely as it is.

Personally, I’m a huge Rooney fan. Not so much, Derby.

They’ve certainly started the season not too badly and Rooney clearly has the team playing for him.

I hope he keeps them up, as highly unlikely as it is.

Personally, I’m a huge Rooney fan. Not so much, Derby.
Rooney is a decent manager. I think some take his daft boy personality from the media too seriously. If he's let go from Derby he will get another club in the Championship if he wanted.

Rooney is a decent manager. I think some take his daft boy personality from the media too seriously. If he's let go from Derby he will get another club in the Championship if he wanted.

he's not been terrible
but taking part in a training session as you are short of numbers due to a transfer embargo & you manage to put a player out for weeks is not good management

Still has this to happen for breaching financial fair play rules possible 9 point deduction

That could be 21 points in total then?

Still has this to happen for breaching financial fair play rules possible 9 point deduction

I do find it crazy that lower league teams get targeted for this sort of thing yet the 'super clubs' are basically free to spend however they like.

These things are just really mean and miserable really don’t like these rulings , not sure what the options are as I guess they need to influence clubs Behaving properly .

I’ve watched them a couple of times (most recently v the Baggies) and the players were 100%.

He has them playing; just need (a lot of) points.

Good luck to them.

Massive debt.
Really poor playing squad.
Wayne Rooney is your manager.

It probably doesnt get much worse than that.
As BSM Williams would have said “oh dear what a shame” should have gone down instead of Wycombe at the end of last season, the club has been a shambles for years, 20 managers in as many years ( I know Forrest aren’t any better) the best run club in the East Midlands is Burton Albion

Darren Farley doing him with the American Football helmet on will always be funny to be fair.

Seeing football clubs going into administration sends a shiver down the spine. Horrible times ahead with fans being punished for nothing.

Next up a points deduction looks like Reading, Their wage bill has been over 200% of their turn over for the last three years; absolutely mental how these clubs are allowed to run up tens on millions of debt and receive no sanctions.

They were lucky to stay up last year and arguably should have had a points deduction
Not arguably, they have tried to manipulate the system to the disadvantage of others. 12 points is nowhere near the proper punishment.

Reactions: krs
One thing which has emerged is that the stadium cannot be used as an asset to raise funds. It’s now owned by the owner. They really are in trouble.

“Derby also have the threat of a further 12-point deduction hanging over them – nine points for issues over their financial reporting and three points if they fail to pay their players in any month.

Attempts by the owner Mel Morris to sell the club have failed with prospective buyers deterred by debts of more than £50million. The Pride Park stadium is also no longer a club asset – Morris sold it to his own separate company so it cannot be used by the administrators to raise funds.

Kieran Maguire, a football finance author, said: “I believe Derby are in a lot more trouble compared to Wigan, the last club to go into administration.

“At Wigan, the administrators had a stadium to sell, two training facilities and were able to raise money during the transfer window from the sale of players. Those avenues are just not open to Derby’s administrators.”

The ground in many cases is the most valuable asset that a club owns and therefore the sharks, the conmen, the predators will make sure that they retain control of that.
Surely the FA & SFA could devise a legal mechanism to remove the ground from their hands and retain the biggest asset for the community.

As in all these things its the fans I feel for - they turn up and support their club unaware of the machinations of their directors.

A great club - enjoyed our pre-season visits down there - with a real football heritage - the story of what Clough done there is the stuff of fairytales.

Back