Derby in pole position to land Souttar

paper trash as per usual

Why would Derby come in with 5m when Hearts have already valued him at 2.5m

£5m?!?!? Katic proves there is better value to be had on the continent. Even £3m for goldson proves you can pick up a bargain in England

The sad thing is if its purely down to money Derby would always win but if money is Souter’s only consideration then i dont want him near our club
Get a grip every player is motivated by money just the same as you and me in our workplace !

If true that’s crazy from Derby - they could get him for less than half of that.

Just more evidence of English clubs having far more money than sense.

It just shows you it’s like a bottomless pit of money down there.
Don’t really follow other teams players but he has never shown up against us.

He looked pretty flat footed against JD last weekend, but good luck to the lad if he gets a big move and even better luck to hertz if they get silly money for him.

Let's hope Derby get their man.

I'd prefer it if we signed better. We already have two CB's better than Souttar and it would be pointless paying big money for 3rd/4th choice.

Let's hope Derby get their man.

I'd prefer it if we signed better. We already have two CB's better than Souttar and it would be pointless paying big money for 3rd/4th choice.

If it's indeed true we are interested then our scouting department need a massive look at themselves. Souttar doesn't come close to being as good as Goldson or Katic hopefully the £5 million quote nonsense will end this pish.

Sign Jason Kerr from St Johnstone instead. Only cost about 500k and just as good as Souttar IMO. Very underrated player who is only about 22.

£5m for this guy is mental. He's decent and I wouldn't mind us signing him, but anymore than £2m is paying over the odds at this moment in time.

5m for that lump of sh*te is atrocious.

Lampard will be out of job soon if he's relying on the likes of Shinnie and Souttar to help get Derby to the EPL.

I don't but i can't see those 2 kicking Derby on
Not every player in a squad is supposed to be a superstar. Water carriers and reliable players are required.

Did anyone ever think that Wes Morgan would be an integral part in a premier league winning side?

Shinnie is perfect for them, gives them dig that they've missed with their flair this season and that's mainly down to Bryson not having the legs required. That's who Shinnie will replace. I suspect if they can't get Tomori in again Soutter will be replacing him as a ball carrying centre back.

It’s amazing how the caps for the worst Scottish International team in generations, manage to inflate transfer speculation fees.

It’s amazing how the caps for the worst Scottish International team in generations, manage to inflate transfer speculation fees.

A cynical look at it ... it's been done deliberately to price us out of a move that's my guess just look at how we are treated by clubs such as Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Even Hearts of late when it comes to links or trying to buy players or engage in pre contract talks we are subject to high levels of slander and criticism all because it's Rangers :rolleyes:

A cynical look at it ... it's been done deliberately to price us out of a move that's my guess just look at how we are treated by clubs such as Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Even Hearts of late when it comes to links or trying to buy players or engage in pre contract talks we are subject to high levels of slander and criticism all because it's Rangers :rolleyes:

I’m sure SG and FL will have discussions to see if either club was showing an interest and bid accordingly. ;)

The thing is, suggesting a team is coming in at five million would probably put off anybody else considering a bid.
So if the Derby bid and money were not true, and I’ve just heard on H&H that Derby are actually skint, Hearts will have priced everybody else out of a move and would be left with only our interest.

Back