Derby to enter administration

Haven’t they been a basket case for years? Financial issues back when they first entered the premier league?

18 months ago they signed Rooney on mental money. The rumour doing the rounds was 32 Red were funding the whole deal.

I know I should feel sorry for Derby in this, but I feel we’ve been short changed in our 32red deal. Lol

Isn’t there a points deduction of around 9 points all but agreed with the EPL?

That’s before this news tonight.
In the EFL 12 points as Wigan got that for entering administration while Sheffield Wednesday also got it but on a different matter around spending later cut to 6 on appeal

Unless they are changing it

Sad news, a proper team, hopefully they'll bounce back.

Not sure why, but I had a Derby County away top when I was a kid.

In the EFL 12 points as Wigan got that for entering administration while Sheffield Wednesday also got it but on a different matter around spending later cut to 6 on appeal

Unless they are changing it

Sorry, just for clarity I’m talking about the outstanding points deduction they’ve been in talks with the EPL about for a while now.

So they are still due to have that deduction plus whatever they get for going into admin. Could be over 20 points combined now.

Wasn't there a takeover deal all but signed pending fit and proper person confirmation by the FA?

Sorry, just for clarity I’m talking about the outstanding points deduction they’ve been in talks with the EPL about for a while now.

So they are still due to have that deduction plus whatever they get for going into admin. Could be over 20 points combined now.

ah got you yes would be 21 points deducted in total if all is applied

I don't want to see them liquidated but if anyone is interested take a read of their sorry statement on the club website. They blame covid, efl and Steve Gibson. That clubs hierarchy has done a real job on them. Hopefully they come out of this with decent owners.

Will be interesting to see how they are treated
Placed into the Vanarama League.
Illegal transfer embargo
Demand they forfeit their 71/72 League title
Vilified forever in the media
Notts Forest fans will start a blog and remain obsessed for decades. They (NF) will also rip off their own fans by raising funds for non existent legal challenges, place an advert in Polish in a Belgian newspaper.
Have i missed anything?

Sad for the fans but only a matter of time before it happens to others, money in English football has ruined it.

We sold Waghorn to Ipswich for £1million, some thought we were lucky to get that, a year later Derby signed him for £5million rising to a reported £9million. Crazy.

Back