Derby to enter administration

As a fan of Leeds my instinct is to say balls to them, but also as a lover of Rangers seeing both my clubs go through the same thing you have to feel for their fans, nah my first instinct was right, Fook em.

Wasn’t there talk of a takeover by a big US consortium a while back, that never happen?

Slight tangent here but it still baffles me that Rooney was completely done at the top level by the age of thirty.
similar to Owen, played far too many games when he was younger and time catches up quicker when you do that. Both I think made their debuts at 17?

look at the approach Villa had with Grealish and Man City's approach for Foden to see how teams try to develop youngsters but not overwork them nowadays

The money in English football is obscene this should never happen,The money is just hoovered up by minority.

Placed into the Vanarama League.
Illegal transfer embargo
Demand they forfeit their 71/72 League title
Vilified forever in the media
Notts Forest fans will start a blog and remain obsessed for decades. They (NF) will also rip off their own fans by raising funds for non existent legal challenges, place an advert in Polish in a Belgian newspaper.
Have i missed anything?
When you read that you realize how insane that mhob actually are!!!

After what we went through, you have to feel for their supporters.

I remember the Ted McMinn match down there and both sets of fans getting on great.

Hope they can get through this.
iIrc the record crowd at Pride Park 33.975.
Great day. terrific welcome from the locals; (no beer left :)) someone post the pic please). Wish them well.

A club I've always had a soft spot for going back to the days of Kevin Hector, John O ' Hare and the likes.

All the very best to Derby County and their supporters.

Kevin Hector - what a nice player he was.
I remember him for Bradford Park Avenue before he went to Derby.
I may be wrong but I think he worked for the Post Office after retiring from football

I hope they sort out their problems soon.
I still can't believe any club going into administration does not have some questionable character or characters in the boardroom.
Maybe I am scarred by what we went through.

Why would they hire Rooney as manager no experience , no discipline ,compare him to Ronaldo for fitness and it tells you everything about him, they would have been better keeping Cocu.

Currently reading through the Dave McKay book and in it the great times when he and Clough were at Derby County are covered. The Derby board in these days seemed to have been far from ideal but they were careful to make sure that the club was run in a prudent way.

They owe Phillip Cocu and his coaching staff £8m for their pay offs as well as £2.3m to Richard Keogh, the captain they sacked after the drink drive crash.
Surely the drink driving comes under gross misconduct by bringing club into disrepute

It has been inevitable for a while, and the assets presumably won’t include the stadium after the dodgy dealings from Mel Morris.

Bad news, I work in Derbyshire, a lot of fans down here who will be gutted. Interesting that the club have refused to let people buy season tickets, or give money to the club in any real way. Odd situation.

• Wow
Reactions: BWO
I don't really follow English football outside the first flight, but I hate to see this shit. I wish them all the best. I met a Derby fan and his son at Trnsmt last week and they were sound, plenty of good words to say of Waghorn and by extension us.

Good diehard fans. Wish them all the best. But Rooney is a dickhead.

Sad for the fans but only a matter of time before it happens to others, money in English football has ruined it.

We sold Waghorn to Ipswich for £1million, some thought we were lucky to get that, a year later Derby signed him for £5million rising to a reported £9million. Crazy.
That's because we were ripped off. Waggie has done well down there. Scored plenty. When was the last time we sold anyone and got what they were worth? Long time ago.

They owe Phillip Cocu and his coaching staff £8m for their pay offs as well as £2.3m to Richard Keogh, the captain they sacked after the drink drive crash.
Surely the keogh thing is gross misconduct. If me or you did that we would be sacked without a penny . Why are footballers any different

Met and got to know a few of the Derby loyal on European away trips 15 -13 year ago when I was a youngster great lads who were regular every away Rangers European awaygame supporters.

They are Derby supporters but attended everyone of our European away games so thinking of them!

I read a comment on this situation yesterday which, if I can explain it well enough, is a very good point:

6 clubs want to form Super League: “Fans shouldn’t be punished for actions of owners”

Now… Derby being punished because of mismanagement. Poor fans!

Am I right in thinking that in this scenario these guys will get buttons back?

Surely the drink driving comes under gross misconduct by bringing club into disrepute
He wasn’t driving though. He was a passenger in one of two cars being driven by drunk teammates, neither of whom were sacked((presumably because they were not ruled out for the season and in Tom Lawrence’s case, should in theory have had a decent sale value).

Club has been run into the ground. To blame covid is completely disingenuous given that there’s already a points deduction looming for FFP breaches prior to Covid striking. Chased them big time and spent crazy money to get there but never got over the line. A rotating door into the managers office and a spectacular breakdown in relationships with the EFL and a number of clubs in the league. In recent months, appearing willing to sell to literally anybody on earth. As a multi-millionaire fan of the club, Mel Morris should be ashamed of himself that this is the route he’s now gone down.

Back