Derby to enter administration

Surely the keogh thing is gross misconduct. If me or you did that we would be sacked without a penny . Why are footballers any different

Keogh wasnt the one who was driving whilst drunk.

Keogh was a passenger in a car that Tom Lawrence was driving whilst drunk.. Lawrence crashed the car into a lamppost. Keogh picked up a bad injury that was career threatening at his age. Derby didnt sack Tom Lawrence but did dismiss Keogh.

Keogh knowingly getting in a car driven by a drunk teammate was stupid. Dismissing Keogh but not Tom Lawrence was garbage from the club. They basically thought that they could dump Keogh's contract but keep Lawrence because he potentially still had a future in the game and some value to the club.

I read a comment on this situation yesterday which, if I can explain it well enough, is a very good point:

6 clubs want to form Super League: “Fans shouldn’t be punished for actions of owners”

Now… Derby being punished because of mismanagement. Poor fans!

Lets be honest here, Derby are simply the biggest club yet to face the prospect of going under.

Bury
Macclesfield Town
Rushden and Diamonds
Darlington
Hereford
Chester City

And a load more have either been placed into administration or have struggled to fight off the prospect of administration. English football's finances are broken.

Lets be honest here, Derby are simply the biggest club yet to face the prospect of going under.

Bury
Macclesfield Town
Rushden and Diamonds
Darlington
Hereford
Chester City

And a load more have either been placed into administration or have struggled to fight off the prospect of administration. English football's finances are broken.
Crystal Palace did and i think Charlton.

Bury
Macclesfield Town
Rushden and Diamonds
Darlington
Hereford
Chester City

Bolton and Portsmouth dropped all the way down to League 2 and have both thankfully started to find their way back up. Wigan relegated the season before last and managed to survive in League 1 last season. This season is now essentially a write off for Derby and next season will be no picnic either. A grim situation.

Keogh was a passenger in a car that Tom Lawrence was driving whilst drunk.. Lawrence crashed the car into a lamppost. Keogh picked up a bad injury that was career threatening at his age. Derby didnt sack Tom Lawrence but did dismiss Keogh.

Keogh knowingly getting in a car driven by a drunk teammate was stupid. Dismissing Keogh but not Tom Lawrence was garbage from the club. They basically thought that they could dump Keogh's contract but keep Lawrence because he potentially still had a future in the game and some value to the club.
Keogh was offered a great deal to see him through his recovery. All medical treatment etc on a reduced wage,but still in the region of £20K a week.
Keogh knocked it back.
He got in the car with no seatbelt on. He was the club captain and sent away the taxis.

Feel for all Derby County fans , especially the boy Tessier from the H&H podcasts who supports Derby and us. All true fans will sympathise with him

Keogh was offered a great deal to see him through his recovery. All medical treatment etc on a reduced wage,but still in the region of £20K a week.
Keogh knocked it back.
He got in the car with no seatbelt on. He was the club captain and sent away the taxis.

He was idiotic. He clearly made a terrible decision whilst drunk.

But he shouldn't have been treated differently to Tom Lawrence or Mason Bennet. If it was a reduced contract for Keogh because of his injury then it should have been a reduced contract for Lawrence and Mason Bennet because they were involved in the same incident. If a wage cut was good enough for Keogh then it should have been the same for the other 2. Keogh was treated differently because he was the one who got injured and because he was at the tail end of his playing career. The other 2 paid their 6 week wages fines and got on with their career. Keogh was sacked by the club.

Lawrence and Bennet were convicted of drink driving. They were fined by the club, did their community service and resumed their Derby careers, although Bennet has since left the club. Keogh was sacked. The difference in the way all 3 players were treated isnt right.

Bury
Macclesfield Town
Rushden and Diamonds
Darlington
Hereford
Chester City

Leicester

It's a shame for the fans .As a blues fan mismanagement is a subject close to the heart.
Went off Derby a bit when they ditched the navy blue shorts for black years ago .That 70s kit of theirs was quite iconic.

He was idiotic. He clearly made a terrible decision whilst drunk.

But he shouldn't have been treated differently to Tom Lawrence or Mason Bennet. If it was a reduced contract for Keogh because of his injury then it should have been a reduced contract for Lawrence and Mason Bennet because they were involved in the same incident. If a wage cut was good enough for Keogh then it should have been the same for the other 2. Keogh was treated differently because he was the one who got injured and because he was at the tail end of his playing career. The other 2 paid their 6 week wages fines and got on with their career. Keogh was sacked by the club.

Lawrence and Bennet were convicted of drink driving. They were fined by the club, did their community service and resumed their Derby careers, although Bennet has since left the club. Keogh was sacked. The difference in the way all 3 players were treated isnt right.
The difference is that Keogh sustained an injury that prevented him doing his job

My mate is involved in non league
Something to do with Nuneaton ATM.
He's had dealings with Nigel Clough earlier when he was at places like Gressley and NC at Burton.
I asked my mate if NC had loads of time at Derby because of the name .
He said it was because NC had to strip a team,sell the best ,build another,then do it again.
Also ,the team stayed in Travelodge's instead of the expensive places they had been stopping at previously.There has been massive misspending over the years at the club.
NC did a great job really under the circumstances.

For those of us of a certain age that hung on every click of the results teleprinter on BBC Grandstand, the number of great, historic, local town/ city English teams that have slipped way down is saddening.
It’s probably just the way of things, I understand that football clubs were less expensive to run and the local big wigs club owners screwed down players wages and contracts, but there was something romantic about the star striker Dusty Miller signing on for a bag of chips and a ”steady Job at t’mill”.
Deep down I fear Melchester Rovers will be next.

He wasn’t driving though. He was a passenger in one of two cars being driven by drunk teammates, neither of whom were sacked((presumably because they were not ruled out for the season and in Tom Lawrence’s case, should in theory have had a decent sale value).

Club has been run into the ground. To blame covid is completely disingenuous given that there’s already a points deduction looming for FFP breaches prior to Covid striking. Chased them big time and spent crazy money to get there but never got over the line. A rotating door into the managers office and a spectacular breakdown in relationships with the EFL and a number of clubs in the league. In recent months, appearing willing to sell to literally anybody on earth. As a multi-millionaire fan of the club, Mel Morris should be ashamed of himself that this is the route he’s now gone down.
Cheers. Wasnt aware if that. As you say the club has ben run terribly

Whilst it’s sad for the fans,of course. Any other business going the same way wouldn’t raise an eyebrow. I guess it’s cos football is so emotive

Hopefully, they agree a “decent” points reduction.

Wazza keeping them up would be great; I hope he does; love a bit of Rooney :shh:

How much has just been flashed about in the transfer window? Don't cry for clubs squandering money.
When Billy Davies took Derby into the EPL he bought 2 players who got EPL terms so the rest of the players got the same. The wage bill went through the roof all for the worst EPL record the next year!

There was a third in the car, iirc

See they won 2-1 today despite everything going on
Regardless of recent results (which have been not bad, at all), it’s quite clear that Rooney has the team playing for him.

I’ve watched them a couple of times, most recently v the Baggies.

He’s doing a decent job there, currently.

similar to Owen, played far too many games when he was younger and time catches up quicker when you do that. Both I think made their debuts at 17?

look at the approach Villa had with Grealish and Man City's approach for Foden to see how teams try to develop youngsters but not overwork them nowadays
Them grans take it oot a ya.

This is going to happen more and more. The wages are the top end are far too high and middle of the road clubs are having to spend too much on average players salaries.

It even fucked Barcelona, it could %^*& anyone. Players wages need to be brought down, but when a handful of clubs can burn money it's never going to happen

Whilst it’s sad for the fans,of course. Any other business going the same way wouldn’t raise an eyebrow. I guess it’s cos football is so emotive
But not many other businesses are 137 year old local institutes like Derby for example. The other thing I think gets people is they all relate to going through turnstiles with their parents/grandparents/children etc and recognise people do it elsewhere, even at smaller attendances like Bury, there’s always going to be that connection football fans share.

English football is so f*cked, but at least the prem is the most watched league hey.

Regardless of recent results (which have been not bad, at all), it’s quite clear that Rooney has the team playing for him.

I’ve watched them a couple of times, most recently v the Baggies.

He’s doing a decent job there, currently.
He actually is.

When this inevitably goes south he will get another half decent championship club no problem.

My late grandfather was a derby fan, for that reason I have a wee soft spot for them. However they've became very loathsome over the last few seasons. Bust my coupon a while back as well. The bastards.

Bolton and Portsmouth dropped all the way down to League 2 and have both thankfully started to find their way back up. Wigan relegated the season before last and managed to survive in League 1 last season. This season is now essentially a write off for Derby and next season will be no picnic either. A grim situation.
They could still survive but it will depend on who they can keep and who goes

Was at the game yesterday, the fans backed the team as we have done ours. The team gave the fans a result they deserved.
Long slog ahead for them though, as looking like a 21 point deduction.

Hopefully they get through it, don’t like to see teams going down this road…. Obviously I want the tramps to die ASAP, those cùnts are the exception..

In a car driven by a teammate.

If the club wanted to punish the injured player then they should have punished the drunk driver equally.
Exactly, from the outside looking in it was very much an example of age discrimination

Thought they could shaft Keogh but didn’t punish Lawrence the same because he was a sellable asset

Back